Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Why not give gradel a go on right wing?

Cheers :) Didn't know that, infact today is the first I've heard of him leaving the club. Seems a shame to waste a promising talent.. What are the reasons for his depature? Or does he just not fit the plans?

If he leaves it's because Kelly thinks he isn't good enough.

Take the Bristol City thing with a pinch of salt.

Levi has done it so why can't he?

Gradel isn't as good as Porter imo. Porter is an all round better footballer than Gradel. Gradel likes to attack and it comes off for him some of the time but there are many times when he wastes possesion and shows very little willingness to win the ball back. Porter 8 times out of 10 does something useful when he has the ball and when he doesn't he works his bollocks off to get the ball back.

lol ok then.. Confused as to what I should believe now. You've heard Bristol as well but it should be taken with a pinch of salt?

I think I'm more inclined to go along with what you're saying as you're quite knowledgeable and often appear on here :) And plus you discuss the youth team with Thrac :P

Cheers :) Didn't know that, infact today is the first I've heard of him leaving the club. Seems a shame to waste a promising talent.. What are the reasons for his depature? Or does he just not fit the plans?

It'll be a waste just like Sheehan at Mansfield was a waste and Dodds at Northwich plus Andy King every week in the Academy. When I consider the players who do get selected I don't know how Kelly faces people on a Monday morning.

Having been suspended recently I doubt Gradel's fully fit but even so if Kelly had another kid come in and keep his position it would be another overpaid journeyman on the sidelines and what the hell would he do with him?.

The sooner people like Dodds, King and Gradel are introduced the better for our football. I am sick of two shots a game in away matches and home games where we barely threaten at all.

Porter could do with some cultured assistance like he'd get at any other respectable football club.

Why would you say that ? I've never posted a rumour before & certainly am not one to bullshit, But i suppose people won't beleive untill it happens.

Gradel isn't as good as Porter imo. Porter is an all round better footballer than Gradel. Gradel likes to attack and it comes off for him some of the time but there are many times when he wastes possesion and shows very little willingness to win the ball back. Porter 8 times out of 10 does something useful when he has the ball and when he doesn't he works his bollocks off to get the ball back.

There's no question you're right about that. But Gradel is still far more effective as a winger than Sylla or Low.

And where does King rate on your scale because to me he is consistency personified. His passing is varied and his shot ratio phenomenal. And no problems with King about tackling back.

There's no question you're right about that. But Gradel is still far more effective as a winger than Sylla or Low.

And where does King rate on your scale because to me he is consistency personified. His passing is varied and his shot ratio phenomenal. And no problems with King about tackling back.

Fook ratio's etc, gradel will never wear a city shirt this year, RK has his band of men and he will add to that in jan, if given the chance!!

I'd agree but the point I was making was that just because Levi has shown that this level isn't above him doesn't mean Gradel will take to it with the same apparent ease if picked. There's so many differences between the two of them. Gradel could do with playing with a right back behind him who is capable of delivering decent crosses because his final ball isn't always there or he's not willing to release the ball. As much as Gradel enjoys running at full backs I still think we would create fairly few chances for our front two via the right wing although Max is always likely to cut inside himself and have a pop. Not against him completely, I can just see faults in his game which would frustrate supporters just as much as Low or Sylla do. I'd rather see Gradel than Low but I actually think Sylla's shown a little more ability this season than he did last (wouldn't be hard) and therefore I'd use Gradel as a substitute and see if he can spark life into a game in the second half.

About King, I'd say that central midfield, whilst not being brilliant, is comparitively strong compared to our right wing. With Porter down the left and Wesolowski coming on as a substitute down the middle, you could end up with a midfield average age of 19 ish which I just don't think is practical in this division. You need some experienced heads in there too whether that be a Gareth Williams or someone else. They don't need to be old just have a bit of experience at this level. For that reason, I'd be looking at Gradel ahead of King at the minute purely because we need a right winger more so than a central midfielder although I'm still convinced King could be used as a winger again if he doesn't feel as comfortable in the middle as he seems. Levi's reverted back to a winger since he started playing for the first team so the same could happen to King after a season playing Centre mid for the Academy.

I'd agree but the point I was making was that just because Levi has shown that this level isn't above him doesn't mean Gradel will take to it with the same apparent ease if picked. There's so many differences between the two of them. Gradel could do with playing with a right back behind him who is capable of delivering decent crosses because his final ball isn't always there or he's not willing to release the ball. As much as Gradel enjoys running at full backs I still think we would create fairly few chances for our front two via the right wing although Max is always likely to cut inside himself and have a pop. Not against him completely, I can just see faults in his game which would frustrate supporters just as much as Low or Sylla do. I'd rather see Gradel than Low but I actually think Sylla's shown a little more ability this season than he did last (wouldn't be hard) and therefore I'd use Gradel as a substitute and see if he can spark life into a game in the second half.

About King, I'd say that central midfield, whilst not being brilliant, is comparitively strong compared to our right wing. With Porter down the left and Wesolowski coming on as a substitute down the middle, you could end up with a midfield average age of 19 ish which I just don't think is practical in this division. You need some experienced heads in there too whether that be a Gareth Williams or someone else. They don't need to be old just have a bit of experience at this level. For that reason, I'd be looking at Gradel ahead of King at the minute purely because we need a right winger more so than a central midfielder although I'm still convinced King could be used as a winger again if he doesn't feel as comfortable in the middle as he seems. Levi's reverted back to a winger since he started playing for the first team so the same could happen to King after a season playing Centre mid for the Academy.

Always great to hear your slant. I agree about Gradel from the bench and have every faith in Gareth Williams if we can ever get him fit but neither Gareth nor Weso nor anyone else will solve the scoring problem from midfield.

It's another reason I'd like to see 4-3-3, then Hammond and King could interchange and make space for each other. Sooner or later we've got to shed the shackles and lose our fear.

King, Williams and Weso in midfield would suit me fine. I see nothing special coming from anyone else we've got.

Why would you say that ? I've never posted a rumour before & certainly am not one to bullshit, But i suppose people won't beleive untill it happens.

I'm not saying it's Bullshit, I've herd it from a number of places as well, doesn't mean it's definatley true though, I'm taking it with a pinch of salt and would advise others to as well.

How is gradel pronounced?

Gray del or grar del

Either or.

In English it would be Gray Dull, E.G Figo (Figu) or Ronaldo (Roanldu) these players have their names pronouned how it's spelt instead of how it's pronounced in the native tongue.

Grah Dell is how it should be pronounced in French.

At the end of the day how most people will pronounce it will be up to the mass media. Dirk Kuyt is a cracking example of this, when he was at Feynoord he was always referred to as Dirk Koyt by most of the English media, once he made his move over to England it was Kowte. Most people have followed the media.

I'm not saying it's Bullshit, I've herd it from a number of places as well, doesn't mean it's definatley true though, I'm taking it with a pinch of salt and would advise others to as well.

You know that rumours have been heard. Is it in terms of loan i hope?

Was just concerned that another potential squad member could be let go. So please re-assure my worries and tell me where talking about a loan deal.

I'd like to see him at first team level somewhere else before we take a gamble of lowering the team age again.

Dont wanna shatter his confidence if he has a bad first couple of games.

A league one are looking at a guy without any first team experience. That to me suggests he might have something, maybe not the finished article, but there must be something there.

Surely he must be given a go before a permenant move is considered, unless Thracian has got him all wrong?

A league one are looking at a guy without any first team experience. That to me suggests he might have something, maybe not the finished article, but there must be something there.

Surely he must be given a go before a permenant move is considered, unless Thracian has got him all wrong?

that's not entirely impossible.

that's not entirely impossible.

:D:D You might be right. Sheehan has hardly burst onto the scene like a cosmic light.

But I wanted Levi for long enough, I wanted an attacking midfielder for long enough. I wanted Hammond for long enough. I wanted a passing centre-back and I wanted Logan who is firmly established as one or our top two keepers.

I'd don't feel anything like as certain about Gradel but would like him on the bench to see and I'd definitely like to see Andy King involved.

Quite apart from anything else, if Williams gets injured we have no attacking alternative to replace him. Kelly will be back to his make do and mend and all the opportunities to give King some experience will have been wasted.

Archived