Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Why not give gradel a go on right wing?

yeah try him and sorry but where in the name of hot and spicy monster munch is sheehan!no seriously (on loan??i dunno?) i say play him thhough! hes better than nils and hes got a great shot on him which we could have done instead of the usual hammond walk over the line!

Nils had a good game today. We are defensively more solid when he plays.

We've all seen how levi has adapted and is one of most consistently good performers, I think Gradel should be a given a go and see if he can make the step up to first team football. He can't be any worse than Low.

1000000000% agree the lad has pace, a few tricks to go by players, and will do somthing Low and Sylla won't, He will take players on! and do what a winger should do ( like Mr Porter at the moment) make a few chances for the strikers and attack the oppositions defence and give them somthing to think about

Totally alien to Kelly's philosophy. Gradel's not another potential defender. Gradel scores goals and makes goals.

I'm not saying he doesn't care defensively. But after a sortie into the defensive half and a rare tackle he gives a bewildered look at his team-mates as if to say "What about that? Did it count?"

First there was Smithy who had to waste his breath tracking back, then Lowy had to retreat so far at West Brom he was nearly in Dudley Zoo and now look at Levi... he was even goal-side of Nils during one spell today.

Well it won't happen to Max Gradel. He's a winger. If it's not scoring goals and making goals its "Je n'comprends pas," and it's 45 years since we played that way at Leicester - the last but one time we were any good really." :D

We've all seen how levi has adapted and is one of most consistently good performers, I think Gradel should be a given a go and see if he can make the step up to first team football. He can't be any worse than Low.

I don't really know much about Gradel, but have heard alot of people mention him on here so he must have potential. :thumbup:

i say give him a place on the bench and see if he can make an impact from there!

Don't think it would harm Gradel to be put on the bench for a first team match now. It's not like the first team players don't know who he is. He'd probably settle in quickly with regard to the players he'd be playing with, ability-wise, but whether some of them would take to his attitude at times is a question that I'm not sure the answer to. It's not a short fuse in the same way as McCarthy has, it's something that appears arrogant on the surface. Could be a good thing if channelled correctly but it hasn't been so far imo.

I pronounce it "Gray-dul" but that's probably just me!

Don't think it would harm Gradel to be put on the bench for a first team match now. It's not like the first team players don't know who he is. He'd probably settle in quickly with regard to the players he'd be playing with, ability-wise, but whether some of them would take to his attitude at times is a question that I'm not sure the answer to. It's not a short fuse in the same way as McCarthy has, it's something that appears arrogant on the surface. Could be a good thing if channelled correctly but it hasn't been so far imo.

I pronounce it "Gray-dul" but that's probably just me!

Craig Bellamy Styleeee ??

Craig Bellamy Styleeee ??

I think that'd be a fair comparison at times. Bellamy seems to have got his head down a little more over the last couple of seasons though he'll never stop his moaning on the field. His rants off the field like at Newcastle seem to have stopped.

Totally alien to Kelly's philosophy. Gradel's not another potential defender. Gradel scores goals and makes goals.

I'm not saying he doesn't care defensively. But after a sortie into the defensive half and a rare tackle he gives a bewildered look at his team-mates as if to say "What about that? Did it count?"

First there was Smithy who had to waste his breath tracking back, then Lowy had to retreat so far at West Brom he was nearly in Dudley Zoo and now look at Levi... he was even goal-side of Nils during one spell today.

Well it won't happen to Max Gradel. He's a winger. If it's not scoring goals and making goals its "Je n'comprends pas," and it's 45 years since we played that way at Leicester - the last but one time we were any good really." :D

That's what happens in todays game. Christiano Ronaldo does it, Fergie would give him some of the hardryer treatment if he didn't.

Every winger nowadays is expected to track back, and if Gradel can't do that then his chances of getting into the first team are limited.

That's what happens in todays game. Christiano Ronaldo does it, Fergie would give him some of the hardryer treatment if he didn't.

Every winger nowadays is expected to track back, and if Gradel can't do that then his chances of getting into the first team are limited.

And your chances of finding a Ronaldo in the Championship are nil. Ronaldo's also helped by having team-mates who play ball to feet and retain possession far better than ours do.

Porter is pretty well the only player we have who seems gennuinely made for modern football, who retains possession in all parts of the field yet still has enough sharpness and energy in attacking areas to be a nuisance.

But, like yesterday, even he finds it hard to be effective all the time and last quarter he was going further and further back to help Nisse and the tiring central midfielders, thus reducing his attacking capability to vrtually zero.

At least Ronaldo's United team attacks and supports in numbers.

At Leicester it's only the forwards who are expected to do two or three jobs. No-one else does even two jobs for any length of time. Maybury, Kisnorbo, McAuley, Nisse (but for 20 minutes) and one shot Williams didn't do it, Tiatto only stayed part time and Hammond was going to have a bad day at the office whatever he did.

Low did sod all anyway (and Welsh when he followed) leaving Porter and Hume shouldering far more work than was ever right for them to retain a cutting edge up front.

Leicester should start by getting players in all departments who can do their job properly before they even think of doing other jobs.

Gradel doesn't defend any worse than Low or Sylla - but he does attack with intent. Hughes can defend but he can't attack to save his life. So if you want a genuine winger Gradel's the man and if you want a genuine attacking midfielder Andy King is, again, the only genuine option.

Gradel won't play as he's on his bike in Jan.

Where is he off to then?

I think he should be on the bench at least. I'd feel much happier having an unproven youngster in my squad than a fooking idiotic, braindead, completely useless tosspot like Josh Low in any squad of mine. Give him a go, it'll be the only way we can find out if he has what it takes to make it at this level :)

If the kid was up to the job he would have featured on the bench when we were short a month back. The club obviously don't think he is at the required level, If he were good enough then he would have gone out on loan ( I don't know if he has or hasn't) and then come into the 1st team reckoning. I know we have little in the way of right mid's but it is annoying when every time people make out that the youth team is so much better. I'm all in favour of home grown tallent, but they have to be given time and the experiance to develop to become a LCFC player, or the fans eventually will turn and that would be to the detroment of the palyer.

I wish he would at least get one start for us just to show everyone what he can do.

He cannot be worse than Low, that is physically impossible.

Sylla is injured so he cannot play obviously.

Hughes is not a natural winger so therefore isn't good enough to run the wing really

Therefore surely he must get a start? By the sounds of it he is exciting and would probably cause Championship defences problems. Levi has done it so why can't he?

Archived