Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
morris1234

target man

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...+England+return

Former Chelsea striker Tore Andre Flo looks set for a move back to England after not being offered a new contract by Norwegian club Valerenga.

The 33-year-old has been linked with a number of clubs, including Crystal Palace, Queens Park Rangers and Leeds United.

The player's agent Gunnar Martin Kjenner told Norwegian newspaper VG: "To me, it looks like Flo will be playing in England, but I can't say which club it is."

Flo has returned to London where his family lives after his contract with Valerenga expired.

Reports have suggested Leeds are favourites to sign Flo, who played alongside Whites manager Dennis Wise at Chelsea.

there has been talk that we might need one. views!!??

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...+England+return

Former Chelsea striker Tore Andre Flo looks set for a move back to England after not being offered a new contract by Norwegian club Valerenga.

The 33-year-old has been linked with a number of clubs, including Crystal Palace, Queens Park Rangers and Leeds United.

The player's agent Gunnar Martin Kjenner told Norwegian newspaper VG: "To me, it looks like Flo will be playing in England, but I can't say which club it is."

Flo has returned to London where his family lives after his contract with Valerenga expired.

Reports have suggested Leeds are favourites to sign Flo, who played alongside Whites manager Dennis Wise at Chelsea.

there has been talk that we might need one. views!!??

By the time we've got any money he will be playing in Leeds or London. Not that I want a 33 year old Norweigan league reject playing for us.

He was never really a strong target man, but I always thought him a useful player. Wouldn't say no to him at Leicester. Not wishing to generalise or stereotype but the Scandinavian players always seem to have a very professional attitude, so I get the impression that he would be fairly professional whoever he signed for, rather than just turn up and stroll about.

He had a decent strike rate once but look at his recent record:

Sunderland 2002/3: Four goals in 29 games

Siena 2003/5: Thirteen goals in 63 games.

Valerenga 2005: Two goals in only 10 appearances.

At recent season's appearance rates we might get 15 games a year out of him.

Wonderfully convincing. What age did you say? 33?

Might suit Hullcox if you ask him. :D

Doubtful, if the take over goes through and we have a little cash... then we need "know quantities" we cant risk it on players who are either too young, too old or underperforming, whats more the middle of the park is the problem IMHO, the centre and the right and after that a decent holding player and a leftwinger to cover for Levi would be wise moves... then perhaps a target man or striker who can hold up the ball, I'd still wonder about Cole on loan from WestHam for a bit personally :whistle:

Judging by the stats in Thracian's post I can't see Flo being any better than MDV.

In any event, his advancing years suggest that he may appeal more to Cov than he does to us.. lol

Leeds boss Dennis Wise has strengthened his attack with the signing of former Chelsea team-mate Tore Andre Flo.

On the 3rd of January 2006, Leeds United confirmed their signing of Flo, with a contract lasting till the end of the 2006/2007 championship season. The contract had the option of extending further into the future. It is likely that manager Dennis Wise was one of the main influences of attracting Flo as they used to be team mates at Chelsea.

was nicky summerbee over 30 when we had him, he was piss poor!list is endless. gemmil, fruend etc

it's irrelevant now because he's at leeds, but it was more the, we shouldn't sign him because he's over thirty and because he's over thirty he'll be crap, i was getting at.

was nicky summerbee over 30 when we had him, he was piss poor!list is endless. gemmil, fruend etc

Freund wasn't crap, and Summerbee was playing for nothing for quite a while, so no reason to slate him.

But yes, there's quite a long list of shit 'old' players... Brevett, Makin, Hignett, Douglas, Dublin, Blake, Douglas, Pressman, Johnson to name some others...

yeah! we don't want any over thirties! brian deane, les ferdinand, cottee, claridge, parker, mckinley; all crap

That might be a nice cryptic dig but I don't think anyone has bemoaned the notion of quality players in their 30's joining Leicester.

I mentioned Patrik Berger myself not too long ago and was a big fan of Parker, Claridge, Cottee, Ferdinand, Deane, and even Duncan Ferguson if you want another name.

What I pointed out in relation to Flo was his record over the last five years which wouldn't convince me for a moment that he could still do what he used to do and, for what it's worth, I don't think he'll do well at Leeds at all.

If I remember rightly Flo faded out from English football fairly swiftly and without great fanfare - and that was a long time ago. I don't expect a dramatic resurrection whereas the Cottee's and Claridge's remained a handful because ot their particular skills and strengths to the end of their careers.

I've only been scathing of older players like Johnson, Kenton, Brevett and the resigning of Tiatto because I couldn't see how they would contribute to taking the club forward, nor did I think we'd get value out of them in terms of number of appearances.

Broadly that has demonstrably been the case.

There's a huge difference in quality between some older players and others. I wonder, if you had to pay Flo's wages whether you'd have been convinced after studying his record these last 4/5 years. Cos I wouldn't.

That might be a nice cryptic dig but I don't think anyone has bemoaned the notion of quality players in their 30's joining Leicester.

I mentioned Patrik Berger myself not too long ago and was a big fan of Parker, Claridge, Cottee, Ferdinand, Deane, and even Duncan Ferguson if you want another name.

What I pointed out in relation to Flo was his record over the last five years which wouldn't convince me for a moment that he could still do what he used to do and, for what it's worth, I don't think he'll do well at Leeds at all.

If I remember rightly Flo faded out from English football fairly swiftly and without great fanfare - and that was a long time ago. I don't expect a dramatic resurrection whereas the Cottee's and Claridge's remained a handful because ot their particular skills and strengths to the end of their careers.

I've only been scathing of older players like Johnson, Kenton, Brevett and the resigning of Tiatto because I couldn't see how they would contribute to taking the club forward, nor did I think we'd get value out of them in terms of number of appearances.

Broadly that has demonstrably been the case.

There's a huge difference in quality between some older players and others. I wonder, if you had to pay Flo's wages whether you'd have been convinced after studying his record these last 4/5 years. Cos I wouldn't.

wasn't cottee retired out to some dodgey malaysian before martin o got hold of him? anyway it wasn't a crypotic dig at you, it's not all about you, you know.

it's all irrelevant (still) because 1) he's at leeds and 2) i never rated him anyway and i'm glad he's at leeds

I dont know why we seem to want to sling anyone of 30 in the soccer dump in England. We do it with the national squad all the time and loads of clubs seem to follow suit. The Italians dont seem to be ageist and they did alright in the world cup and Greece in the Euro`s!!

I reckon for now, we should welcome good quality old sods who arent so injury prone (sos Stone and Anderton) but to maybe look at the likes of Andy Cole and Robbie Fowler???! I wouldnt want to get players who are stepping stones to bigger things if we didnt get promoted this or next season like Eastwood, Sharp and the others.

Mandaric is known for opening the money bag in the top flight in particular and will pay big wages in the Championship on older players so lets hope whatever we get, we spend it wisely.

duncan ferguson, now your talking, as for tiatto i was against giving him a new contract because i thought with all his injuries/suspensions we'd be lucky to get 10 games out of him. i have to say he's proved me wrong not only that but he's been the driving force in many of our good acceptable performances.

duncan ferguson, now your talking, as for tiatto i was against giving him a new contract because i thought with all his injuries/suspensions we'd be lucky to get 10 games out of him. i have to say he's proved me wrong not only that but he's been the driving force in many of our good acceptable performances.

Tiatto's surprised me too but, driving force or not his effect is far too limited, and one goal from midfield in 20 matches is no good to anyone.

I dont know why we seem to want to sling anyone of 30 in the soccer dump in England. We do it with the national squad all the time and loads of clubs seem to follow suit. The Italians dont seem to be ageist and they did alright in the world cup and Greece in the Euro`s!!

I reckon for now, we should welcome good quality old sods who arent so injury prone (sos Stone and Anderton) but to maybe look at the likes of Andy Cole and Robbie Fowler???! I wouldnt want to get players who are stepping stones to bigger things if we didnt get promoted this or next season like Eastwood, Sharp and the others.

Mandaric is known for opening the money bag in the top flight in particular and will pay big wages in the Championship on older players so lets hope whatever we get, we spend it wisely.

How old is Sherringham?

If we could attract someone of his kind of ability (although not quite as big as his age or wage packet) to knock the ball around, I for one would be well happy...it's not all about pace you know :cool:

I agree but it has to be the right over 30 IMO.

Some of them have no hunger or even love for the game and just want some more wages. Hopefully, a clued-up footballer who isnt getting a game in the Premier will look at us with our quality stadium and facilities and strong fanbase along with the fact that Mandaric is on his way and think we are going in the right direction and join.

Steve Claridghe is a free agent again!!!!!!1 :)

I agree but it has to be the right over 30 IMO.

Some of them have no hunger or even love for the game and just want some more wages. Hopefully, a clued-up footballer who isnt getting a game in the Premier will look at us with our quality stadium and facilities and strong fanbase along with the fact that Mandaric is on his way and think we are going in the right direction and join.

Steve Claridghe is a free agent again!!!!!!1 :)

Organise the cards on the coach + give the team talks, talks a better game than the present regime

I love listening to Super Steve on that Sky phone in show as you can tell he gets wound up at stuff. I would love someone like him to be our manager one day as you know he has lived a bit and knows all the players tricks in addition to the good stuff.

I know he loves a punt but with responsabilty he may stop lol????!! BTW, can you remember ex Spurs UEFA Cup captain Graham Roberts??? 6 or 7 years ago he was manager at Enfield and I always used to see him gambling away in the local Ladbrokes. The prat got attacked by his missus one day when he wouldnt come out of the shop so she came steaming in and slapped the nonce!! Aaaah, happy days!!!!

Archived