Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

SUPPORTERS CLUB - LONDON BRANCH

I read somewhere a good while back that there is a London Branch of the City supporters club.

Does anyone know if this is still going and any contact details??

Also, are there any members of the London branch actually on this forum? If so, let us know the perks!

There is no actual london supprters club!! there is however a group of leicester fans who meet up for matches and one guy called phil is able to get cheap travel to away games if he has numbers well in advance.

they usually get the 11.55 train from london and the 18ish train back for home games.

i have travelled with them a few times and are a bit of a mixed bunch but there not as active as other london supprters teams such as norwich or wednesday. who have meetings, xmas doos and play in the london supporters league!!!

i live in hammersmith and plan to go to the fulham match as its only 15 min walk (yes!!!. If people want tips on pubs and where city fans could meet before the match, let me know.

yeah, i'd be interested as well. given that the current group doesn't sound great there may be potential for a new one, starting with people on here.

i go to most away games in the london/south area and some at the walkers but often go alone so could be a good laugh getting a group together.

most reasonable base i guess would be central london.

any other londoners fancy it?

yeah, i'd be interested as well. given that the current group doesn't sound great there may be potential for a new one, starting with people on here.

i go to most away games in the london/south area and some at the walkers but often go alone so could be a good laugh getting a group together.

most reasonable base i guess would be central london.

any other londoners fancy it?

even if we can get a few of us to meet up it would be a start!!! there must be loads of leicester fans based in london.

There is no actual london supprters club!! there is however a group of leicester fans who meet up for matches and one guy called phil is able to get cheap travel to away games if he has numbers well in advance.

they usually get the 11.55 train from london and the 18ish train back for home games.

i have travelled with them a few times and are a bit of a mixed bunch but there not as active as other london supprters teams such as norwich or wednesday. who have meetings, xmas doos and play in the london supporters league!!!

i live in hammersmith and plan to go to the fulham match as its only 15 min walk (yes!!!. If people want tips on pubs and where city fans could meet before the match, let me know.

We used to have a team in the London Supporters League in th early 90's, we did quite well (beat For**t in the Cup!) and the Club donated some kit. Used to play on the pitches behind Wormwood Scrubs. Don't think we have a team now tho?

We used to have a team in the London Supporters League in th early 90's, we did quite well (beat For**t in the Cup!) and the Club donated some kit. Used to play on the pitches behind Wormwood Scrubs. Don't think we have a team now tho?

there is no leicester team in the london supporters league

http://football.mitoo.co.uk/LeagueTab.cfm?...ueCode=APFS2006

here is the link to the league and u can see who plays

i play for aberdeen 2 div 2

even if we can get a few of us to meet up it would be a start!!! there must be loads of leicester fans based in london.

it's true.

come on people, show yourselves.

if anyone, like me, is going to colchester, that could be a start...

I've been looking for people to travel to and from games with as well...would be good to set something up. Meet before the Birminham game perhaps and travel down?

going the long way? :P

i'm not going to be able to make the birmingham game cos of family commitments but would be definitely interested in setting up some kind of group, even if it is just a few of us who go to matches together...

Depending on where in London it's based, I wouldn't mind finding out more.

On a side note, I was having a bevvie in 'Spoons in Southgate last night. True story.

Nice one. Southgate is OK for a drink on the weekend before going out but its a fair enough place to live, but not like the loverly Leicester!!

Well, I work as a retail manager at the mo but am on holiday and may not return lol. I`ll be up for an official/unofficial/old/new whatever Citys supporters club for the London area if people are up for it.

Are there many London based Citys fans on this forum then? The early signs are that there is a few of us. You can add my brother to the list as well as we were talking of trying to go to more than just the evening or Saturday games gainst the London clubs.

From the official site:

LONDON BRANCH

Background

Leicester City Supporters' Club (London Branch) was founded prior to the 1977-78 season. Membership is currently around 80 and covers primarily London and its bordering counties.

Travel

The core activity of the club is centred round travelling together to home and away matches. Most journeys are by train with discounted trips being organised outside the Network South East region. A fast train to Leicester takes about 1 hour 10 minutes (hopefully) from St Pancras. The fare for 2006/07 is £15.00 return - including a reserved seat and free tea/coffee!

Social

The club has a darts team and we play against London Branches of other Supporters' Clubs. The standard is "varied".

Contacting the Branch

If you're interested in joining or travelling with us please contact Kevin Wells on 01279 416522 (Home), 01279 427431 (Work) or e-mail him ([email protected]).

Hello all london foxes,

How about anyone who fancies it meeting up at the sports bar (the one round the corner from Trafalger Square) for the Leicester Vrs Brum game. The bar is very central, okay and you are guarenteed that the game will be on and that you wiil be able to hear the commentry rather than a shitty jukebox.

a good idea?

thanks for that.

so i guess the question is do we join the existing one or start our own?

Ive just sent this dude an email to see the status of the supporters club and if its still going, its an idea to see what he says about the members etc.

If it doesnt sound all that or if someone wants to start one from here, I am happy in being involved in the newie.

Again as long as we can get a few numbers tagging along it would be worthwhile...

Ive just sent this dude an email to see the status of the supporters club and if its still going, its an idea to see what he says about the members etc.

If it doesnt sound all that or if someone wants to start one from here, I am happy in being involved in the newie.

Again as long as we can get a few numbers tagging along it would be worthwhile...

sounds good to me. let me know what comes of it. :thumbup:

It's a great idea starting a new supporters club in London. I twice tried emailing the bloke in the current one and got no reply. And I know a good few Leicester fans in London that might be keen on joining.

I also think it would be a good idea (in the longer term) getting a London-based LCFC supporters team for the league mentioned earlier.

Anyway, the Brum game seems like a good starting point. The sports bar mentioned would be a good place to meet I reckon.

It's a great idea starting a new supporters club in London. I twice tried emailing the bloke in the current one and got no reply. And I know a good few Leicester fans in London that might be keen on joining.

I also think it would be a good idea (in the longer term) getting a London-based LCFC supporters team for the league mentioned earlier.

Anyway, the Brum game seems like a good starting point. The sports bar mentioned would be a good place to meet I reckon.

No response as yet.

I know its early, but if I dont get anything back from the bloke by tomorrow I think we should start a new one.

Archived