Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Alexei Smertin

Doubt that he'll be coming here. Self-titled Premiership quality player, very close to a deal with a London club and would demand much higher wages than we'd pay for a player even with Milan in methinks.

After an hour of thinking, i realise we'd be better off by getting in a new defender of some promising quality and shipping out maybury and kenton. Because midfield anyway is where we have quality coming through academy.

So i suppose hibs defender Rob Jones is worth a look, and has a good scoring record as well.

We could be in with a chance of getitng him, if/when MM comes in, and there's the obvious Portsmouth connection to.

What y'all think?

I think there is a very high chance that MM will go back to Portsmouth to purchase some players, so Alexei Smertin is just one of many Pompey options :thumbup:

I think there is a very high chance that MM will go back to Portsmouth to purchase some players, so Alexei Smertin is just one of many Pompey options :thumbup:

The only Portsmouth player I keep hearing linked with us is Svetoslav Todorov. Tbh, Alexei Smertin, as good an addition he'd be to our team, will not come here if he knows a Premiership team would be willing to play him. The lure of playing in the top flight of English football where most of the media coverage is and all the eyes are on you, not to mention the fact that the pay packets are bigger up there, is just too much for people to turn down. Maybe if we were a Prem team and had been for 2 or 3 years we could have landed him. Being a struggling Championship side though, I doubt it.

I read Sir Alex Fergusons autobiography a while back and he said that the transfer out of Andrei Kanchelski`s was a scary situation as all these unsavioury types almost forced the transfer.

Doesnt anyone know someone who can go and threaten Smertin to join us or else??!! :D

Smertin is a good defensive Midfield player but personally i cannot see him moving to the Championship or even outside of London, this is a problem attracting foreign players.

The only place i could see him going that is not in London or the Premiership is Birmingham due to there position and available wages.

It would be fantastic for us to get some players of this calibre in so fingers crossed

Archived