Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Colchester Match Thread

No Change Rob Kelly has stuck with the same starting line up that faced Fulham for the Championship clash against Colchester United at Layer Road.

Paul Henderson continues in goal, with a back four of Gareth McAuley, Patrick Kisnorbo, Paddy McCarthy and Alan Maybury playing in front of him.

Stephen Hughes, Danny Tiatto, Gareth Williams (pictured) and Levi Porter line up in the City midfield from right to left, with Matty Fryatt and Iain Hume named in attack.

Conrad Logan, Richard Stearman, Nisse Johansson, James Wesolowski and Danny Cadamarteri make up the City bench.

City: Henderson, McAuley, Kisnorbo, McCarthy, Maybury, Hughes, Tiatto, Williams, Porter, Hume,Fryatt.

Subs: Logan, Stearman, Johansson, Wesolowski, Cadamarteri.

No Change Rob Kelly has stuck with the same starting line up that faced Fulham for the Championship clash against Colchester United at Layer Road.

Paul Henderson continues in goal, with a back four of Gareth McAuley, Patrick Kisnorbo, Paddy McCarthy and Alan Maybury playing in front of him.

Stephen Hughes, Danny Tiatto, Gareth Williams (pictured) and Levi Porter line up in the City midfield from right to left, with Matty Fryatt and Iain Hume named in attack.

Conrad Logan, Richard Stearman, Nisse Johansson, James Wesolowski and Danny Cadamarteri make up the City bench.

City: Henderson, McAuley, Kisnorbo, McCarthy, Maybury, Hughes, Tiatto, Williams, Porter, Hume,Fryatt.

I'll wait and see what happens but I think we could do with one more attacking option on the bench. If we're losing 1-0 we could bring Cadamarteri on but if that doesn't work, the chances of any of the other three outfield players changing the game are slim in my view.

I really dont understand RK's bench. Why have we got 2 defenders and a defensive midfielder on the bench. I really think he needs to start being more attacking. We have a striker/winger who doesnt look match fit as well and a striker on the pitch who is looking well short on confidence and fitness. Mind you saying this i bet Fryatt scores a brace today.

COME ON YOU BLUES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooooh Danny Danny! Danny, Danny, Danny Cadamarteri!

A super sub, six goal blitz blasts Cadamarteri into the City hall of fame as we come from behind to sink Colchester 4 - 7 in the most exciting game the Championship's ever seen.

Taking a celebratory, back-flip lap, 'our Danny' cracks his hip in seventeen places and never kicks a football (or shags a bird) again.

It worked decent vs Fulham so why not stick with it. Come on City !

It's all well and good saying bring more attackers....

But who?

Hammond is still crocked by the sounds of it. What midfielders do we have that can attack? :blink:

So who else do you bring to the party?

O'Grady?

Let's not go there... lol

Max Gradel, no harm in having him on the bench and I know I don't like his attitude but having released two supposed right midfielders in a short space of time I would've thought Gradel was the logical man to be promoted to the first team squad.

Max Gradel, no harm in having him on the bench and I know I don't like his attitude but having released two supposed right midfielders in a short space of time I would've thought Gradel was the logical man to be promoted to the first team squad.

Can o' worms, that. ;)

You do have a point, a prolific right winger in the academy would be a logical replacement for the exiting RWs.

Unfortunately, I can see Maybury or Stearman being deployed at RW if needs be. *sniff* :cry:

Ooooh Danny Danny! Danny, Danny, Danny Cadamarteri!

A super sub, six goal blitz blasts Cadamarteri into the City hall of fame as we come from behind to sink Colchester 4 - 7 in the most exciting game the Championship's ever seen.

Taking a celebratory, back-flip lap, 'our Danny' cracks his hip in seventeen places and never kicks a football (or shags a bird) again.

waaahaaay was that intentional?? :P or am i being pedantic?lol

Can o' worms, that. ;)

You do have a point, a prolific right winger in the academy would be a logical replacement for the exiting RWs.

Unfortunately, I can see Maybury or Stearman being deployed at RW if needs be. *sniff* :cry:

How can Rob moan about lack of numbers when he's just let two players go, hasn't got the money to replace them with the players he wants and he's got an exciting young winger who he's not even willing to put on the bench?! It will all become a mute point if we win today but we all saw who scored in the friendly in the week. Three for Dodds wasn't it? What has he done to lose his place on the bench from this time last week, apart from apparently going out last night? ;)

Archived