Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
lookwhaticando

Micky Adams: dead man walking

Recommended Posts

Posted

Press conference at 11am at the Ricoh.

Adams seems resigned to losing his job, though he's not resigning.

I guess it won't be a Micky Adams resignation out there this morning. :ph34r:

The Guardian has revealed the board meeting planned for this morning at 11am.

Micky Adams will learn this morning whether he has held on to his position as Coventry City manager when the Championship club hold a board meeting at 11am. Adams reiterated last night that he would not be resigning in the wake of a humiliating FA Cup defeat at home to Bristol City but said, tellingly, that "all will be revealed". His future has been in doubt for several weeks amid a dreadful run of results and this chastening defeat is likely to seal his fate.

Guardian

I will not quit Coventry - Adams @ the BBC.

I beg the Coventry board to do me a favour, and appoint Iain Dowie.

Thank You. :cool:

Discuss the latest Mickeh Adams situation in here - the official Mickeh Adams sacking thread. :ph34r:

Posted

You got something against the man, eh?

Posting the same news stuff about three times in three different threads.

Wouldn't you like a picture with that?

Like this one here:

20040308elpepudep_1_I_SCO.jpg

Or this one here:

uadams.jpg

Or this one over here:

mana.h2.jpg

Or how about this one:

denniswiseAP.jpg:whistle:

Another good find:

story.leicester.afp.jpg

Or try this one:

adams-tightlipped.jpg

And one last one:

352974.jpeg

Posted

It was only last season he was a hero there. Shame because they were never going to be anything more than average under him.

Posted
lollollol Hasn't he said something like he will never walk away from a job. BUT EXCUSE ME mr adams you were the one that quit. I don't no why their sacking him their last 2 results have been excellant lollollol
Posted

Nightmare situation -

Headline in Newspaper reveals "Sacked Ex Leicester Manager heading back to City"

I read the article hoping to see the return of MoN.... but its MA

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Posted

Nightmare situation -

Headline in Newspaper reveals "Sacked Ex Leicester Manager heading back to City"

I read the article hoping to see the return of MoN.... but its MA

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Bring him back and Scowcroft

Posted

Don't forget Trev, with him and MDV up front we'll win the Prem in a couple of years. :D

And while we're already at it, Collymore comes back out of retirement and bangs us to the top of the table.

Posted

Don't forget Trev, with him and MDV up front we'll win the Prem in a couple of years. :D

Joking apart, there was an article in one of the papers the other day (link) where he sounded quite in fear for his job... I apologise if this has been covered already, I did do a quick search...

Posted

Sky just confirmed Mickey Adams has left. Shame as although we would never want Cov to do well he is a top man and an honourable man. Hope he finds another opportunity soon, good luck Mickey.

Posted

It's official:

Boss Adams leaves Coventry post

Micky Adams

Adams apologised to the Coventry fans

Coventry boss Micky Adams has left the club in the wake of the FA Cup defeat at home to Bristol City.

Adams' fate was sealed at a board meeting held at the Ricoh Arena after a dismal sequence of results.

Coventry have not won in eight games, and managing director Paul Fletcher delivered an ominous message after the FA Cup third round replay loss.

He said:"Micky Adams is an absolutely lovely guy but it just isn't working for him at present."

Fletcher added: "He is not getting results and that is what he is paid to do. We are all answerable at the end of the day."

Coventry's recent slump started with a 5-0 demolition by West Brom and they have earned just one point from their last six league games.

Posted

He sounded on Skysports news like he had taken a bit of a verbal pounding from the board. I feel sorry for him though actually, he did an okay job.

Not really, they are in the middle of a 3 year plan to get in to the premiership. They had actually spent a fair amount of money. Ultimately he's achieved very little.

Posted

Not really, they are in the middle of a 3 year plan to get in to the premiership. They had actually spent a fair amount of money. Ultimately he's achieved very little.

Hardly surprising. He is a nice bloke but tactically inept. Should never be allowed near another Coca Cola league club (except maybe Forest!)

Posted

Its never nice to wish someone to lose there job, but I am happy that MA is going through the mill. Sadistic? Maybe. Tiem to open a beer :D

Posted

The question is, after rejecting Hull, will Dowie take this one on?

Could do...lets hope he does and that he makes a hash of it.

Posted

I know how predictable it is that FNQ is replying to this thread, and FNQ is genuinely quite sorry. FNQ wishes he could resist.

BUT...I can not believe this news. I’m not particularly disappointed because I hold as much animosity towards Coventry City as the next man. But surely Micky has done another terrific job. He took over the club who were relegation favourites (if not certainties), and has turned them into an outfit capable of flirting with the playoffs. Which is exactly what they've been doing for most of his tenure. What more did they want FFS? (And more importantly, what more did we want FFS!?).

His career has certainly lost its momentum. Fulham<Brentford<Brighton<Leicester>Coventry>Unemployed. And no doubt he'll be out of the game for a period and return to League 1 or even the managerial graveyard that is League 2 (name me 5 FL2 managers). I think it's so sad that a talent of his quality is going to waste. Especially as he was our talent!

Posted

I know how predictable it is that FNQ is replying to this thread, and FNQ is genuinely quite sorry. FNQ wishes he could resist.

BUT...I can not believe this news. I’m not particularly disappointed because I hold as much animosity towards Coventry City as the next man. But surely Micky has done another terrific job. He took over the club who were relegation favourites (if not certainties), and has turned them into an outfit capable of flirting with the playoffs. Which is exactly what they've been doing for most of his tenure. What more did they want FFS? (And more importantly, what more did we want FFS!?).

His career has certainly lost its momentum. Fulham<Brentford<Brighton<Leicester>Coventry>Unemployed. And no doubt he'll be out of the game for a period and return to League 1 or even the managerial graveyard that is League 2 (name me 5 FL2 managers). I think it's so sad that a talent of his quality is going to waste. Especially as he was our talent!

At least he'll be able to spend more time with you now. :wub:

On the other (more realistic) hand... if you don't know where he's going to be every day, it's going to become increasingly difficult to stalk him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...