Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Paddy McCarthy

Kelly clearly has faith in him. But I agree he is too much of a liability to be our centre back and also captain. I would rather see McAuley at centre back and Stearman at right back. If Stearman can regain form he is our best right back.

with our current players he would be better suited to a 3 man centre half set up

mccarthy mcauley and kisnorbo

this would work and each player would have more support

Though changing the system to accomdate his defensive frailties and general inability to do his job properly doesn't really make sense when we've got people who can just take his place in the side and play better.... does it?

with our current players he would be better suited to a 3 man centre half set up

mccarthy mcauley and kisnorbo

this would work and each player would have more support

It wouldn't work for a number of simple reasons:

1. 1 - Paddy McCarthey is crap and a bombscare
  2. 2 - We don't have a decent right wing-back
  3. 3 - We don't have a decent left wingback
  4. 4 - There is absolutely no pace there what-so-ever

I would go with Stearman and Kisnorbo in the middle with Maybury and Johansson as full backs.

I agree, although I don't agree Nils should be his replacement. Also a 3-5-2 may work. However, firstly, a complete change of formation would mean taking risk, and remember Kelly is the boss. Secondly, We already struggle to find enough space for 4 midfielders, we dont need another defence minded midfielder on the pitch. Also Porter would not work as a wing back and would need to be dropped...and he is arguably our best player at the moment.

It wouldn't work for a number of simple reasons:

1. 1 - Paddy McCarthey is crap and a bombscare
  2. 2 - We don't have a decent right wing-back
  3. 3 - We don't have a decent left wingback
  4. 4 - There is absolutely no pace there what-so-ever

I would go with Stearman and Kisnorbo in the middle with Maybury and Johansson as full backs.

What have you seen to suggest Stearman would be a better centre half at the moment than McAuley?!

I agree, although I don't agree Nils should be his replacement. Also a 3-5-2 may work. However, firstly, a complete change of formation would mean taking risk, and remember Kelly is the boss. Secondly, We already struggle to find enough space for 4 midfielders, we dont need another defence minded midfielder on the pitch. Also Porter would not work as a wing back and would need to be dropped...and he is arguably our best player at the moment.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That could work also. I just wonder why we play a right back at left back when we have a decent player is Nils that can play there. Maybury has been doing a decent job lately. But as you said he could be at right back. Although McAuley makes more sense at centre back to me than Stearman. But we have enough options not to play McCarthy.

What have you seen to suggest Stearman would be a better centre half at the moment than McAuley?!

Stearman is quicker and a better player, plus he is more than capable of mixing it with lumbering forwards. Everyone raves about McAuley, but he is still a lower league player at best.

Kisnorbo is more blood and thunder than McAuley which everyone says we need, therefore we require some refinement around him and that would be Stearman.

Stearman is quicker and a better player, plus he is more than capable of mixing it with lumbering forwards. Everyone raves about McAuley, but he is still a lower league player at best.

Kisnorbo is more blood and thunder than McAuley which everyone says we need, therefore we require some refinement around him and that would be Stearman.

Ok he is quicker, but im unsure about Stearman at centre back at this stage of his career. if he had broken into our team as a centre back then he would now be more experienced but looking very short term (assuming the stadium roof/Holiday Inn roof isnt actually on our pitch!!) Mcsheffrey and Campbell with make Stearman look very average of he was at Centre Back. As for Mcauley being a lower league player that is slightly harsh! he does have some lower league tendancies (as hes played there all his life) but I really do think hes improving all the time

I think McAuley should move back into the middle ahead of McCarthy because as much as I like McAuley (especially at the minute) he lacks pace so is less effective at right back.

So why should he play out of position when there is room for Stearman to get a run of games and prove himself again? :dunno:

I think McAuley should move back into the middle ahead of McCarthy because as much as I like McAuley (especially at the minute) he lacks pace so is less effective at right back.

So why should he play out of position when there is room for Stearman to get a run of games and prove himself again? :dunno:

I agree. Stearman is a much better outlet going forward on the right than McAuley. Hughes tends to drift infield alot and leaves us no option on the right. When Cadermateri came on last night he stayed wide and this let McAuley stay at right back more.

I think it is time for McAuley to move to centre back and replace McCarthy.

McCauly wins a lot in the air so I would put him in the middle.

Stearman (for the time being) should be right back - as he can actually support the right winger (not that we have one of those).

Stearman - Kisnorbo - McCauly - Nills

In this shitty division I don't think you need a lot of pace and the back, most teams are just as shite as us!

McCarthy is a liability at times... we've seen what our best back line is (Nissa/Mabbs - PK - McA - ST), weather RK will opt for that and exclude the skipper is yet to be seen (but dont hold your breath).

McCauly wins a lot in the air so I would put him in the middle.

Stearman (for the time being) should be right back - as he can actually support the right winger (not that we have one of those).

Stearman - Kisnorbo - McCauly - Nills

In this shitty division I don't think you need a lot of pace and the back, most teams are just as shite as us!

This year the Championship is as strong as it's ever been. And alot of teams have forwards with pace look at Birmingham, DJ Campbell and we play them on Saturday.

McCarthy was a fault for two of the goals last night. He just has not positional sense. I love the fact that he's so passionate but in the end, thats not enough.

If Kelly is going to insist on playing a back then surely it HAS to be:

Stearman/Maybury Kisnorbo McAuley Nisse

Paddy McCarthy is extremely passionate and that is very commendable. However his lack of positional sense, awareness and authority on the pitch is costing us dearly. Gareth McAuley is a solid defender and impresses me greatly every time I watch him (though he completely pissed me off when he didn't get into Radzinski straight away for Fulhams first goal!! :P ). McAuley and Kisnorbo for the centerback pairing in future methinks :thumbup:

Archived