Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

An outlook for our club

This is still wishful thinking, but there have been a few signs of things to come in the near future should the Mandaric deal finally be completed. With Sylla, Low and O'Grady now gone, the squad's still in the process of being trimmed down. Here's what I'd like to see happening within this month at the season's end:

GOALKEEPERS

Robert Douglas (Back to Scotland?)

Paul Henderson

Conrad Logan

DEFENDERS

Alan Maybury

Patrick Kisnorbo

Darren Kenton (Re-assessment at the end of the season, possible transfer)

Patrick McCarthy

Gareth McAuley

Nils-Eric Johansson (Probably leaving the club at the end of this campaign)

Richard Stearman

Alan Sheehan (Should go out on loan for more match experience)

MIDFIELDERS

Stephen Hughes

Gareth Williams

Andy Johnson (Should be sold to another club)

Danny Tiatto (Re-evaluation towards the end of the season, could be transferred)

James Wesolowski

Levi Porter

Iain Hume

STRIKERS

Matty Fryatt

Elvis Hammond (Same case as Kenton)

Danny Cadamarteri

Louis Dodds (out on loan for match experience?)

We're lacking at least two solid defenders for the left- or maybe right-hand side (the centre's getting better, with McAuley and Kisnorbo steadily improving).

Midfield could use a leader, a real-deal distributor with a good eye for sharp passes towards the opposition's goal, placed in the centre, behind Hume. Or would two additional wingers do it, too?

I also wish for a deadly striker who can set an example for the others, especially Fryatt and Hammond (should the latter stay).

All in all, this is what a perfect eleven could look like (4-4-2 diamond):

------------------------------ Henderson --------------------------

-------------------------- McAuley --- Kisnorbo -------------------

Stearman (or new RB) -------------------------------- New LB --

--------------------------------- New DMF --------------------------

--- Hughes ---------------------------------------------- Porter ---

----------------------------------- Hume -----------------------------

----------------- Fryatt ---------------- Cadamarteri (or new ST) --

I only put Cadamarteri up there in case he should regain his fitness.

With the following people contending for a bench place:

Logan, Maybury, Kenton, McCarthy, Stearman (or new RB), (Sheehan), (Tiatto), Wesolowski, Williams, (Hammond), Dodds and Cadamarteri (or the new ST)

I'd also give Rob Kelly another go in the following season and direct the available money at transfers only. 3 to 4 bigger names should do it, with some space for some worthwile loan signings or other bargains next January.

I think Kenton was looking like one of our more consistent players until injury struck. I'd rather see a fit Kenton at right back than a Stearman in the form he's been in this season. He's been so inconsistent you can never be sure if he's going to have an absolute howler or a steady game.

I think Kenton was looking like one of our more consistent players until injury struck. I'd rather see a fit Kenton at right back than a Stearman in the form he's been in this season. He's been so inconsistent you can never be sure if he's going to have an absolute howler or a steady game.

Then again if Stearman can re-discover his form I'd much rather have him at right-back than Kenton.

If we are to do anything next season we have to shore up our defence. Conceeded 35 in 28 games and only scored 27 in 28. No matter which way you look at it you will never be up there challenging with a reord like that.

Looking at that I'd be more worried about bolstering the attack, and get better support from midfield.

Archived