Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Hughes Offers No Excuses

Stephen Hughes believes the players have only themselves to blame for their current predicament.

Saturday's 3-2 defeat at Championship play-off hopefuls Cardiff has left the Foxes just four points off the relegation zone following a run of four matches without a victory.

"It is simply not good enough and we as a group of players know that," said the Scottish midfielder.

"We are all very flat and our inconsistencies are costing us dear far too often.

"The sooner we realise we are in a dog-fight the better because our current form is just not good enough for a club like Leicester."

Michael Chopra's first hat-trick for the Bluebirds handed the hosts all three points despite City's best efforts late on.

But Hughes offered no excuses and added: "We keep shooting ourselves in the foot.

"There is no way we should have been 3-0 down before we started playing.

"Chopra scored three good goals but we could still have nicked a draw and that just makes you wonder what we could have done if we had played from the start."

Therefore, Hughes has highlighted the importance of next weekend's clash against struggling Luton at the Walkers Stadium.

"It's a massive, massive game," he admitted, "Both teams are desperate for three points so we need to roll our sleeves up this week and be ready for the challenge.

"The teams the gaffer has fielded have been more than good enough to get results but there is no point talking about ifs and buts, we must start performing on the pitch.

"The gaffer has been quality and everyone is behind him - it is up to us to get a result for him."

Tell you what Stephen - Shut the fook up and do your "apologizing" on the football pitch instead of offering your little repetitive shite that at least one of the players comes out to say after every game you lose. You've realised its the teams fault, Well Done, Now give the answer to this question - What you gonna do about it?

Tell you what Stephen - Shut the fook up and do your "apologizing" on the football pitch instead of offering your little repetitive shite that at least one of the players comes out to say after every game you lose. You've realised its the teams fault, Well Done, Now give the answer to this question - What you gonna do about it?

:D You tell him.

Good on you Hughesie, you are the only bit of quality we have at present.

Apart from Kisnorbo I would have thrown the rest of them under the bus in you post match comments and called them all out for being work shy scumbags.

Let me try a different interpretation here:

"I'm simply not good enough but I'm not able to work it out" said the Scottish midfielder.

"We are all very foolish and our inabilities are costing us dear far too often.

"We'll never realise we are in a dog-fight and we better leave it that way because with our current form, we're just not good enough for a club like Leicester and should be fired at the end of the season."

Michael Chopra's first hat-trick for the Bluebirds handed the hosts all three points despite City's best efforts late on.

But Hughes offered no excuses and added: "We keep repeating the same mistakes and it's quite the fun."

"We should have actually been 6-0 down before we started playing with 5 minutes to go."

"Chopra scored three good goals but we could still have nicked a draw and that just makes you wonder what we could have done if we had played from the start."

Therefore, Hughes has highlighted the importance of next weekend's clash against struggling Luton at the Walkers Stadium.

"It's just another game meaning that I'll get paid for actually doing nothing," he admitted, "We are not really desperate for three points so we need to find ourselves a good sunbathing spot this week and be ready for the challenge."

"The teams the gaffer has fielded have been more than good enough to drop points but there is no point talking about ifs and buts, as we simply cannot perform on the pitch."

"The payday has been quality and everyone is behind it - it is up to us to get a present for our ladies." lol

You would have thought that with a free week after the Birmingham game was called off that we would have worked on stuff in training and would have come out, all guns blazing. Im amazed that Hughes would say we didnt start. That is down solely to the manager to get them ready IMO.

You would have thought that with a free week after the Birmingham game was called off that we would have worked on stuff in training and would have come out, all guns blazing. Im amazed that Hughes would say we didnt start. That is down solely to the manager to get them ready IMO.

Very true. Our coaching staff can't motivate anyone by the looks of it.

The whole club needs a revamp........new board, new coaching staff and new players that actually work hard in training and show it on the pitch.

It is a disgrace at the moment. :(

also......new tannoy announcer and get rid of Birchenall (for good).

Totally agree with your sentiments. I dislike Hughes anyway, lazy ****. I know it doesn't help that he is constantly played out of position but I don't like his attitude. Despite AJ's hurrendous ability on the ball, at least he attempts to get stuck in.

Very true. Our coaching staff can't motivate anyone by the looks of it.

The whole club needs a revamp........new board, new coaching staff and new players that actually work hard in training and show it on the pitch.

It is a disgrace at the moment. :(

also......new tannoy announcer and get rid of Birchenall (for good).

Barr a new board, We have had different management, different players, whole new teams, in 3/4 years now, NONE have done any better than the last...So i'll ask the question (again :rolleyes:) what and who is to blame?

Infact i'm sick of writing this I have posted it about 3 or 4 times since last night in several different thread, I'm just gonna put it in my sig then all I have to do it reply with a blank post.

Totally agree with your sentiments. I dislike Hughes anyway, lazy ****. I know it doesn't help that he is constantly played out of position but I don't like his attitude. Despite AJ's hurrendous ability on the ball, at least he attempts to get stuck in.

I think he was one of the few players that actually did get stuck in!

Barr a new board, We have had different management, different players, whole new teams, in 3/4 years now, NONE have done any better than the last...So i'll ask the question (again :rolleyes:) what and who is to blame?

Infact i'm sick of writing this I have posted it about 3 or 4 times since last night in several different thread, I'm just gonna put it in my sig then all I have to do it reply with a blank post.

I think a major 'thing' to blame would be the lack of money. yes we've changed a lot over those years but actually done it with very little money. The players brought in just simply aren't good enough!

I don't dislike Hughes I think he's ok actually, Its just i'm sick and tired of players coming out after every saying "I hold my hands up, it's our fault" e.t.c, It's boring, Instead of stating the obvious to the fans do something about it...I feel like just going to the training ground and saying this to them face to face, and if I had time to go down the training ground I would, the only other option I have is to stand waiting for them to go in before a match.

I think a major 'thing' to blame would be the lack of money. yes we've changed a lot over those years but actually done it with very little money. The players brought in just simply aren't good enough!

Forget Milan for a minute though (He still might be coming in but equally the deal still might fuk up)...We're blaming money correct? Whats the other option?

Bascially we have to options, We sit in the championship or even get relegated and feel sorry for ourselves or the players pull there fingers out there arse's get in the premiership which is obviously where our players think they should be (Proven when we play premiership teams) and we make money by getting promoted, winning games, e.t.c.

Lets compare to the "real world" someone gets money together, enough to start there own buisness, are they happy to just stay the same as when they started there buisness or would they want plans for the future? Have a bigger buisness? Employ more people? Would they be happy to have the same amount of money as when they started there buisness or would they want to make profit since they started the buisness?

I know its easy to look at it that way and its easier said than done, but as said by other people if we turned up at our jobs tommorrow and "Didn't get started" we have warning, have people moaning at us to pull our fingers out, or even be sacked, why are footballers any different? I know you can't expect them to win every match and I understand that but the difference is when:

a) You lose the way we do

b) You can see the difference when players are up for games (The big teams) and can't be arsed the rest of the time

c) Players come out and do interviews and they state the obvious (Just shows how thick footballer are)

d) Players come out and do interviews and say "We didn't get started" Imagine going to your boss and saying "Look gaffer I can't get started today"...You'd be straight out the door!

I don't dislike Hughes I think he's ok actually, Its just i'm sick and tired of players coming out after every saying "I hold my hands up, it's our fault" e.t.c, It's boring, Instead of stating the obvious to the fans do something about it...I feel like just going to the training ground and saying this to them face to face, and if I had time to go down the training ground I would, the only other option I have is to stand waiting for them to go in before a match.

"There is no way we should have been 3-0 down before we started playing.

That is a fooking disgraceful thing to say!

So he's admitting they didn't play in the first half at all

He ought to hang his head in shame!

This is exactly what was said virtually every week during the last 2-3 months that Levein was still in charge when a player was wheeled out to profer their apologies to the fans.

Worryingly it seems to be taking a very very long time for these players (and management) to do anything with any consistency about putting the situation right.

It's the mindset and psychological approach to the game that the team have got completely wrong (afraid to win) and it is up to the manager and coach to instill the winning mentality into them by setting out to WIN games rather than pussyfoot around trying to play like an Italian side that only needs one chance to score and are good enough to control the game thereafter.

Quite honestly, it's all getting a bit too boring and predictable to read our players excuses......boring and predictable like our negative team attitude and style of play.

I have never read something so horrendous on here.

Archived