Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Why are we too good to go down?

The fact we're only 6 points off relegation means we can't rest on our laurels and expect the other teams in the bottom 3 to not put up a fight. We are one of the worst teams in the Championship at the present time based on our results and seeming lack of goal power. If that doesn't improve we will go down if not this year, then most definitely next year as our league position has steadily got worse not better. Face facts we're not going to finish in the top half let alone make the play offs. On that basis why should fans renew their season tickets or indeed new ones stump up cash for one.

Mate I agree that we are right in the middle of the fight but we are not favourites to go down. Our attitude has got to be spot on as has our support and hopefully the lads can do us proud.

If we avoid relegation, we get MM in my opinion. If we go down, then we are well and truly shafted.

Mate I agree that we are right in the middle of the fight but we are not favourites to go down. Our attitude has got to be spot on as has our support and hopefully the lads can do us proud.

If we avoid relegation, we get MM in my opinion. If we go down, then we are well and truly shafted.

We may not be favourites to go down but on current form we should be.

I doubt there are three teams with worse form then us at present :unsure:

We may not be favourites to go down but on current form we should be.

I doubt there are three teams with worse form then us at present :unsure:

I'm afraid you're wrong Allen. You'll be surprised...

Form Guide: Last 8 games

15th Leicester

16th Sheffield Wednesday

17th Cardiff

18th Barnsley

19th Luton

20th QPR

21st Leeds

22nd Norwich

23rd Burnley

24th Coventry lol

9 teams who have worse form than us.....

15th Leicester

16th Sheffield Wednesday

17th Cardiff

18th Barnsley

19th Luton

20th QPR

21st Leeds

22nd Norwich

23rd Burnley

24th Coventry lol

Worse if you take just the last 6. :whistle::huh::unsure::ph34r:

18	Barnsley	6	2	0	4	3	7	-4	6	 L W L L L W
19	Luton Town	6	1	2	3	8	12	-4	5	W L D D L L
20	Norwich City	6	1	2	3	6	10	-4	5	L D D W L L
21	Leicester City	6	1	2	3	5	9	-4	5	D W L L D L
22	Leeds United	6	1	1	4	5	10	-5	4	L D L L W L
23	Burnley	6	0	3	3	2	6	-4	3	D D L L D L
24	Coventry City	6	0	1	5	8	15	-7	1	L L D L L L

15th Leicester

16th Sheffield Wednesday

17th Cardiff

18th Barnsley

19th Luton

20th QPR

21st Leeds

22nd Norwich

23rd Burnley

24th Coventry lol

Form is temporary, Class is permanent.

Oh wait, we have no class, do we?

Buggerit! :blink:

I don't think we'll go down. I'm not saying we're too good to go down, i'm saying we're not bad enough to go down...if that makes sense. Basically, there are worse teams in this league than us.

Based on the last 6 games, there are only 3 teams in this league worse than what we are: Leeds, Burnley and Cov. Now, considering that two of the teams currently occupying the relegation places are in better form than us, and considering some of the teams we have to play in coming weeks, I'd say we were well and truly in the shit.

Simply "working hard on the training ground" is not going to cut it - you don't escape relegation based on media statements/promises and training alone. The lads are going to need to get out on the fooking pitch, show some commitment and battle their way out of a situation they got themselves in to. With our lack of real experience, consistency and quality at the minute though, the near-future looks very, very bleak.

Based on the last 6 games, there are only 3 teams in this league worse than what we are: Leeds, Burnley and Cov. Now, considering that two of the teams currently occupying the relegation places are in better form than us, and considering some of the teams we have to play in coming weeks, I'd say we were well and truly in the shit.

Simply "working hard on the training ground" is not going to cut it - you don't escape relegation based on media statements/promises and training alone. The lads are going to need to get out on the fooking pitch, show some commitment and battle their way out of a situation they got themselves in to. With our lack of real experience, consistency and quality at the minute though, the near-future looks very, very bleak.

Vindicated :P

This is the bast**d part of the season that even the teams at the bottom will pick up points, especially as they play each other. Im not too sure who I want to win from the following tonight...

Coventry v Luton

Hull v Leeds

Barnsley v Q P R

I suppose if Southend and Leeds continue to lose it will only be one from about 7 possible clubs to join them?

"too good to go down" is one of the most annoying phrases in football, I reckon.

We're crap, but other teams are worse. Of course, that doesn't mean we're all nice and safe cause all it takes is for a crap side to get a bit of luck and us to get none and we'd be down - its not like we have loads of points in the bag and even if we did, a really bad run would take us right back toward the bottom again.

"too good to go down" is one of the most annoying phrases in football, I reckon.

We're crap, but other teams are worse. Of course, that doesn't mean we're all nice and safe cause all it takes is for a crap side to get a bit of luck and us to get none and we'd be down - its not like we have loads of points in the bag and even if we did, a really bad run would take us right back toward the bottom again.

what we're experiencing at the moment is a sort of really bad run though isn't it?

This whole league is shite, i don't think we will go down more for other teams being worse than us than us being rubbish.

Wait until March there is no point owrrying about it now, qwe will hover around 15th-18th for the rest of the season

again back to the manager situation, i know rob really does lack in many many areas but to be honest hes probably better than most managers we really really really dont know, he could be better than mourinho( :whistle: ), mourinho just has the money to talk, cant remember where or when i heard it but it was on about that if youre a lower prem or champ team the higher teams with money dont really need rebuilding after a defeat at the weekend as the money talks for them, simple as rob has had know money, the money recieved from j.low ect has not gone straight into his pocket im sure he has asked about this money and where it has gone when he saw joey was up for sale!! personally i think hes trying and yes i think we are in a crisis but if mandaric wasnt coming then people would immediately look for a new manager rather than after the takeover, but i personally feel no manager in the world could improve our position or form at the minute, poor team, poor confidence, poor players!! our new moto, 'piss poor' lolagain thats just my opinion not right not wrong just a thought before people start shotting me down like the phone in hosts were last night lol

however my big worry is that we havent seen rob buy enough(any lol) players over the time hes been the gaffer so i dont know what to expect when he has the money for players and loans after january and in the summer. dont do a peter taylor!! 5mill for akin my arse lol

what we're experiencing at the moment is a sort of really bad run though isn't it?

Exactly, my point is even if we'd won a few extra games before christmas, we'd still be able to get just as stuffed as we are now. There are equally poor teams though, and we'd do better hoping for them to get worse than for us to get better, its a bit more likely :whistle:

Archived