Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
barmy76uk

Paddy mac the problem?

We are,alot of people need to realise it and acept it.

We arent that good I agree but we are a damn site better than some of the cack in this division and we need some of our underachieving inconsistent well paid more experienced players to start caring and show the performances that they are capable of.

Never thought I'd hear myself say this but Tiatto should of kept it.

Frighteningly, I might have to agree.

Sods law that when he was captain, he was never fit... now he's not captain, and he's available a hell of a lot more. :blink:

Tiatto does spend less time suspended than Paddy, but more time injured. It's a double-edged coin.

On balance though, I think Tiatto might have been the better choice. :unsure:

Simply not true, one sending of since joining Leicester. Tiatto has been our most consistent player in my book 7/10 every week for me, occasionaly 8. Kisnorbo has weeks off every now and again.

The only problem is his injuries, you would need a decent deputy and that'd probabley be Kisnorbo.

:thumbup:

Maybe so but he spends far less time suspended than Paddy Mc

:thumbup:

He's not really dropped any real serious clangers this season, has he?

Paddy Mac is usually in the box, which is a big problem when he's as rash and reckless as he can be. At least Tiatto is a bit further away from goal. :P

There seems to be a pattern developing between players and fans.

1) Player starts ok/well, fans like them

2) Player makes mistakes/does badly, fans turn on him and make him the scapegoat

3) Player's confidence drops, fans get more p*ssed off

4) Player is dropped, fans happy

5) Player is still dropped, we are still sh*te, fans p*ssed off again and wondering how to fix the team

6) Player is still dropped, fans want to know why the manager doesn't give him a try. From not playing, fans now think of him as half decent who should be given a go.

Sylla, Johansson, even calls for De Vries to come back. It's amazing how many players seemingly become better whilst not playing.

Looks like Paddy Mac is in stage 3. I personally think him a decent player and like him as a defender. I would say he is worth dropping though, just to give him a bit of a kick-up the backside as part of the learning curve, and especially because on current form, McAuley and Kisnorbo are currently playing better than him.

2) Player makes mistakes/does badly, fans turn on him and make him the scapegoat

5) Player is still dropped, we are still sh*te, fans p*ssed off again and wondering how to fix the team

6) Player is still dropped, fans want to know why the manager doesn't give him a try. From not playing, fans now think of him as half decent who should be given a go.

Sylla, Johansson, even calls for De Vries to come back. It's amazing how many players seemingly become better whilst not playing.

Looks like Paddy Mac is in stage 3. I personally think him a decent player and like him as a defender. I would say he is worth dropping though, just to give him a bit of a kick-up the backside as part of the learning curve, and especially because on current form, McAuley and Kisnorbo are currently playing better than him.

I think it is easy for all of us to see what we want to see. everyone wants to see a new player do well and to find reasons/scapegoats when things go wrong.

It is amazing how people have praised McAuley at full-back. And Sylla even on his return to the side because he never moved from okay to good. Johansson's weaknesses never changed either, just whether they were exposed or not.

But I'd agree the drop off in players' form is alarming.

Ryan Smith, Sheehan, Stearman, Fryatt, McCarthy, Hume, Maybury, Low (presumably), Johnson (presumably), Kenton, O'Grady, Wesolowski, even Nils now.

Twelve players. For different reasons maybe but that's beside the point. And I imagine Dodds has gone backwards since last season through lack of games.

And how many could be said to have improved since they've been in the first team?

Kisnorbo, Hammond maybe, Porter... not many.

If I were the manager I'd sure want to know why.

Thats the bottom line never mind this scape goating shit. We need to play our best XI.

Let's not forget just how incredibly shit Tiatto was last season. He's proven me wrong that he "deserved" a new contract but I don't recall too many complaints when he was stripped of the captaincy. He really was shocking. As well as he's played this season, I still don't think he's a lynchpin that we can build a side around - especially as he's buggering off back Down Under at the end of the season. Maybe not being captain has allowed him to play a bit better. Maybe he just had niggly injuries last season.

Still would never have given it to McCarthy though, even before we all got to see how good McAuley was.

There's not one player in that squad who you can look at and say "he should definitely be captain". And that's the reason we are where we are. Too many inconsistent players, no leaders on the pitch, no shining examples, just a bunch of lower-league players who are all we could afford when we signed them. It's not especially McCarthy's fault, it's just easier to single him out because he makes some rash challenges sometimes and doesn't score as many goals as Kisnorbo and people have higher expectations of him than they do of McAuley. He's still shit though. Just saying... they all are really.

Thats the bottom line never mind this scape goating shit. We need to play our best XI.

Its when you get threads with titles like "Paddy mac the problem?" that it can be misunderstood as scapegoating.

With Kisnorbo and McAuley playing centre-backs, Stearman and Johansson as full-backs, will our defence be that much better and our problems solved?

Its when you get threads with titles like "Paddy mac the problem?" that it can be misunderstood as scapegoating.

With Kisnorbo and McAuley playing centre-backs, Stearman and Johansson as full-backs, will our defence be that much better and our problems solved?

Yes well it seems you have to put with a certain amount of stupidity on this forum these days. And in answear to your second question of course not.

And in answear to your second question of course not.

It's depressing isn't it when there is very little you can change because whatever different permutations of players we try, we play gobsh*te. That is of course unless we are playing premiership opposition at which point the players go for it and show what they're capable of.

Each time we go through a bad patch there is a different scapegoat. I mean Hume and Fryatt haven't been scoring, why not blame them? Oh yeah, we did blame Fyratt last time there was a bad spell.

Come on, grow up and realise the fact that it is all 11 men and there is no need for a scapegoat. But next bad spell I reckon y'all blame the keeper ;)

You can hardly pin it on one player at all. That's just stupid. Oh yeah, the team's playing crap, it must be Paddy Macarthy's fault.... <_<

They've all been consistently poor and all deserve a kick up the arse quick

the problem is we dont have a manager with that in him, he's too soft

the problem is we dont have a manager with that in him, he's too soft

Kelly is way too soft on the players - the view him more as a friend than a boss, and that is just asking for trouble really. If he wasn't afraid to bollock the players and let them know his feelings when they had an awful game, I dare say that performances, both individually and as a collective, would improve. Whilst he is trying to be their best friend, they aren't going to play for him and will actually relax more and take it easier because they know he won't lose it with them anyway.

Archived