Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
barmy76uk

Paddy mac the problem?

I wouldnt say he was the problem at all,there a 10 other men that play its not just him. But i do think McAuley is a much better player in that position and were losing out a bit by not playing him there but weve had this discussion many times before,end of the day we dont pick the side so theres nothing that we can do about it.

paddy mac is just the latest scapegoat for our poor form, no-one was saying he was crap last season (atleast not that i can remember).

maybe he shouldnt be captain but he is not the worst player in a team which also contains maybury and hughes, people need to remember he is still in his early 20's and very much still learning his trade.

i personally feel he is better suited to a back 3 with him, paddy k and mcauley and stearman with nils/sheehan/mattock as wing backs. i'm also increasingly in favour of naming paddy k as captain perminantly as he is probably our most consistant player

He seems to be the weakist link but always starts whilst kelly is manager,we let so many goals in when he plays,hes the captain but is a very poor leader!

Time to drop him and let stearman,Kisnorbo and Mcauley play centre backs

Strange you should say that because he's been staring down from my office wall all through January and I was just thinking about his position should (please god) there be changes.

OMG just checked February it's Henderson and Douglas,the calender's bound to drop off the wall! :blink:

literally every player in the team has been labelled as a 'weak link' or not 'good enough'.

paddy mac has disappointed me this season particularly because of his promise (which he still has).

i'd like to think there are positives in all our players but lets face it the team as a whole isnt good enough.

i wouldnt single out paddy mac or maybury or hughes, williams or fryatt or andy johnson even.

we can mix and match the team but they'll never be more than they are at the moment

lets deal with that and support the lads whoever is playing

paddy mac is just the latest scapegoat for our poor form, no-one was saying he was crap last season (atleast not that i can remember).

maybe he shouldnt be captain but he is not the worst player in a team which also contains maybury and hughes, people need to remember he is still in his early 20's and very much still learning his trade.

i personally feel he is better suited to a back 3 with him, paddy k and mcauley and stearman with nils/sheehan/mattock as wing backs. i'm also increasingly in favour of naming paddy k as captain perminantly as he is probably our most consistant player

Never thought I'd hear myself say this but Tiatto should of kept it.

literally every player in the team has been labelled as a 'weak link' or not 'good enough'.

paddy mac has disappointed me this season particularly because of his promise (which he still has).

i'd like to think there are positives in all our players but lets face it the team as a whole isnt good enough.

i wouldnt single out paddy mac or maybury or hughes, williams or fryatt or andy johnson even.

we can mix and match the team but they'll never be more than they are at the moment

lets deal with that and support the lads whoever is playing

Look at the league position and you might understand why.

tiatto is as much of a liability as paddy mac

Simply not true, one sending of since joining Leicester. Tiatto has been our most consistent player in my book 7/10 every week for me, occasionaly 8. Kisnorbo has weeks off every now and again.

The only problem is his injuries, you would need a decent deputy and that'd probabley be Kisnorbo.

Simply not true, one sending of since joining Leicester. Tiatto has been our most consistent player in my book 7/10 every week for me, occasionaly 8. Kisnorbo has weeks off every now and again.

The only problem is his injuries, you would need a decent deputy and that'd probabley be Kisnorbo.

i was thinking more yellow cards which with him come most matches

Completely agree. Paddy isn't haven't the best of seasons but how many of our talented players are. I think he is and will be a good centre half. On current form, he should be dropped but I don't go along with the statements that he is useless or anything like that.

My blame (everyone loves to play the blame game) is firmly with Rob Kelly who seems unable to get the best out of our squad.

Completely agree. Paddy isn't haven't the best of seasons but how many of our talented players are. I think he is and will be a good centre half. On current form, he should be dropped but I don't go along with the statements that he is useless or anything like that.

The thing is, as far as I'm concerned, he's making the same mistakes now, as when he first arrived. There's no sign of him making any progression with positional play, or lack there of.

He could have all the potential in the world, but if he just doesn't get that, he's never going to be good enough.

McCarthy isnt good enough, simple as. To be fair he does give his all and is always fully committed but lacks positional sense, reading of the game and isnt physically strong enough to be a decent CB. Ive lost count of the amount of times he has been bullied by opposition forwards. Is it any coincidence that the 3 away games we have won this season have been with McCarthy out of the team ?

Its obviously not all down to one player but McAuleys good form when asked to play at the centre of the park coupled with good efforts on the right despite not being his correct position seems to have pushed Paddy Mac down the pecking order in some fans minds. I suppose Kisnorbo is a guaranteed starter and a few of us would like to see a partnership develop between Kis and McAuley but with Paddy being club captain we cant see him ever being dropped.

Im not sure who the resident statman is but I`d like to see how well (or badly) we have done in the games that Kis and McAuley have started at CB. I can add that Paddy Mac was absent during league victories over Wolves, Barnsley, Hull and Leeds and strangely enough Stearman started in most of those games. Co-incidence or not???!!

Its obviously not all down to one player but McAuleys good form when asked to play at the centre of the park coupled with good efforts on the right despite not being his correct position seems to have pushed Paddy Mac down the pecking order in some fans minds. I suppose Kisnorbo is a guaranteed starter and a few of us would like to see a partnership develop between Kis and McAuley but with Paddy being club captain we cant see him ever being dropped.

Im not sure who the resident statman is but I`d like to see how well (or badly) we have done in the games that Kis and McAuley have started at CB. I can add that Paddy Mac was absent during league victories over Wolves, Barnsley, Hull and Leeds and strangely enough Stearman started in most of those games. Co-incidence or not???!!

Theres a reason we beat them, I again refer you to the league table.

Theres a reason we beat them, I again refer you to the league table.

We also lost at home to Hull and away to Luton when Paddy played and drew with some ropey sides like Coventry, Colchester (home and away) and QPR.

I agree we are more succesful against the lower positioned clubs but lets face it, this division isnt all that and apart from a handful of decent clubs, everyone else is average.

We also lost at home to Hull and away to Luton when Paddy played and drew with some ropey sides like Coventry, Colchester (home and away) and QPR.

I agree we are more succesful against the lower positioned clubs but lets face it, this division isnt all that and apart from a handful of decent clubs, everyone else is average.

There are also some clubs who are just pretty crap.

Unfortunately, we are one of them.

He's decent enough, although I prefer McAuley. I don't know ehther its just me, but since he smashed his face, he seemed to lose sometyhing, probably confidence. He just didn't seem the same, maybe its just me :dunno:

Maybe so but he spends far less time suspended than Paddy Mc

But he spends far more time injured.

If I was as bad at my job as Rob Kelly... HANG ON... I AM as bad at my job as Rob Kelly is!

Ohh... does that mean we can all start wildy speculating on whose going to be your replacement?

I say Dangeroo's crazy friend called James. Who had a big perm. And a bald spot. And a really annoying voice.

Archived