Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tomorrow Night

We could be 4th bottom by 9.50pm if QPR, Hull & Luton all win, not an impossibility. Fortunately that would mean Barnsley & Leeds losing and with Barnsley's next game away to Cardiff on Friday evening we'd still be there if we lost to Luton on Saturday. Bad enough mind you. :o:o:o

Barnsley V's QPR

Brum V's Southend

Cov V's Luton

Hull V's Leeds

Table.

16 Coventry City 29 10 4 15 29 38 -9 34

17 Norwich City 28 9 7 12 35 45 -10 34

18 Leicester City 29 8 9 12 29 38 -9 33

19 Hull City 29 8 7 14 30 40 -10 31

20 Luton Town 29 8 7 14 37 50 -13 31

21 Queens Park Rangers 29 8 6 15 35 45 -10 30

22 Barnsley 29 8 5 16 31 48 -17 29

23 Leeds United 28 7 3 18 29 52 -23 24

24 Southend United 29 5 9 15 23 46 -23 24

I was looking at this earlier when I was at college. The teams below us have games in coming weeks against each other, which could well be a good thing for us if we manage to pick up any results along the way. Though left to play, we have the top 4 in Derby, Brum, Preston and West Brom, plus 7th placed Stoke. We also have to go to Burnley which is a bogey game for us, as well as going to Ipswich where we're always shite.

I think that we're going to have to battle harder for survival this year than we did last year. We'll definitely be in the thick of a relegation fight that's for sure.

I LOVE a good relegation battle.

Though I prefer it when someone else is mired in it, and not our good selves.

Still, not to worry chaps - we're too good to go down... just look at davieG's signature! :smile:

A relegation battle is always exciting and great to watch for a neutral. But please tell me that you didn't mean to use the word "good" in relation to our team? There is nothing "good" about results, most performances and the league position we currently sit in. Especially with the coming run of games.

Kelly used his get out of jail free card last year, and I'm not sure he'll be able to do the same this year. Looking at it, we need to pick up maximum, or close to that, points in the next couple of weeks whilst all the teams below us are playing each other or the teams at the top and dropping points. Otherwise I think we'll struggle to stay up.

Kelly OUT.

Stowell IN.

Stowell's more [visibly] passionate too. lol

Worked last season. :ph34r:

We're good... I said so. Maybe by fuzzy logic, but what's said is said and I'm not at liberty to change it. :cool:

I loved every minute of the Norwich/Palace/Brom/Southampton battle of a few seasons ago. Forkin' loved it. Was incredible. I wanted Norwich to survive, but alas the good ship Worthington capitulated on the last day. lol

I'm way off-topic... so I'll close by saying, we'll be no lower in the table in 24 hours time. :smile::D:thumbup:

Kelly OUT.

Stowell IN.

Stowell's more [visibly] passionate too. lol

Worked last season. :ph34r:

We're good... I said so. Maybe by fuzzy logic, but what's said is said and I'm not at liberty to change it. :cool:

I loved every minute of the Norwich/Palace/Brom/Southampton battle of a few seasons ago. Forkin' loved it. Was incredible. I wanted Norwich to survive, but alas the good ship Worthington capitulated on the last day. lol

I'm way off-topic... so I'll close by saying, we'll be no lower in the table in 24 hours time. :smile::D:thumbup:

I have been blasted for suggesting such a thing before on here. Stowell would certainly get the team playing with more passion/dedication/aggression, there's no questioning that. He may even get us to use more conviction in and around the box, thus helping us to score more goals. Though I would be highly concerned by his ill-discipline. Although it has worked for Neil Warnock at Sheffield United.

I'd like to know how you can stick by the statement that we're good though. We're not - far from it infact. If you could explain how you can make such a bold claim despite our current predicament, I'd be interested to see your reasoning. Not asking you to change it, simply explain the reason behind it. :)

I have been blasted for suggesting such a thing before on here. Stowell would certainly get the team playing with more passion/dedication/aggression, there's no questioning that. He may even get us to use more conviction in and around the box, thus helping us to score more goals. Though I would be highly concerned by his ill-discipline. Although it has worked for Neil Warnock at Sheffield United.

I'd like to know how you can stick by the statement that we're good though. We're not - far from it infact. If you could explain how you can make such a bold claim despite our current predicament, I'd be interested to see your reasoning. Not asking you to change it, simply explain the reason behind it. :)

Because we've got Stowell.

Once the managers are given another little spin on their roundabout, we'll be fine.

Stowell will come in, cut the crap, tell it as it is, yell at everyone til he's blue in the face and bollock people for being idiots. I don't think McCarthy or Johnson would last long in the new World Order.

Stowell is the new Warnock, and Warnock's in the big time. Can't say fairer than that. :smile:

After all, let us not forget, a Stowell team demolished someone in pre-season. Hinckley was it? Either way, never has our first team played such free flowing, expressionistic football as under Stowell.

He is the answer... alongside Martin George. :cool:

Because we've got Stowell.

Once the managers are given another little spin on their roundabout, we'll be fine.

Stowell will come in, cut the crap, tell it as it is, yell at everyone til he's blue in the face and bollock people for being idiots. I don't think McCarthy or Johnson would last long in the new World Order.

Stowell is the new Warnock, and Warnock's in the big time. Can't say fairer than that. :smile:

After all, let us not forget, a Stowell team demolished someone in pre-season. Hinckley was it? Either way, never has our first team played such free flowing, expressionistic football as under Stowell.

He is the answer... alongside Martin George. :cool:

Fair play you did have your reasoning. :thumbup:

I would like to see Stowell cut the crap anyway. He's the assistant manager at the minute, meaning he should still get to bollock the team and take no crap anyway. If he's having no input as assistant manager, and being overruled by the friendly face that is Rob Kelly, we don't need him and he's wasting his time. If Kelly isn't prepared to be tough on the players, or is incapable, then why doesn't he let Stowell deal with the bollockings that need handing out and just concentrate on spewing out thoughtless tactics on a regular basis instead? I'm sure he spends a long time wracking his brains trying to come up with a formation for any given Saturday at the minute. :rolleyes:

Hinckley? No disrespect to them, but they are far from Championship opposition. Granted the Stowell team did demolish them, but that was to be expected anyway. If he'd get his team playing "free-flowing, expressionistic" football, I'd be all for him having a crack of the whip, but do you honestly think he'd have the bottle to do it on a regular basis? And do you think he has the tactical know-how to manage at this level?

Hinckley? No disrespect to them, but they are far from Championship opposition. Granted the Stowell team did demolish them, but that was to be expected anyway. If he'd get his team playing "free-flowing, expressionistic" football, I'd be all for him having a crack of the whip, but do you honestly think he'd have the bottle to do it on a regular basis? And do you think he has the tactical know-how to manage at this level?

How dare you dis the mighty Hinckley! :angry:

They may not be Championship opposition... but could you honestly say Hull were when we played them at home? Leeds (away)? :ph34r:

;)

How dare you dis the mighty Hinckley! :angry:

They may not be Championship opposition... but could you honestly say Hull were when we played them at home? Leeds (away)? :ph34r:

;)

I see where you're going, but I dare say that Hull and Leeds, although poor against us, were better than what Hinckley are. They may not have been Championship standard, but then again at times this season, neither have we been. All 3 clubs have been better than Conference North standard though and I don't think you could really argue with that tbh.

Archived