Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

What happens to the other 25% ?

So it appears that Mandaric has received in writing over 75% of the shares and that will now enable him to complete the takeover and take control of the club. I just wonder who it will be who hasn't sold their shares? Is it a shareholder that's refused to sell of a shareholder who's been allowed to still have a stake in LCFC.

With reports that Andrew Taylor and Greg Clarke both agreeing to Mandaric's offer, I wonder who it will be who stays on as a shareholder. The Trust are selling up aswell.

(Sorry to start another thread, but I think this raises some questions that might get lost in another thread).

I presume it just stays with the shareholders that don't want to sell and the FT may retain some. Doesn't matter too much as 75% is enough for control.

I know it doesn't matter as such, but I am just curious as to who still stays on as a shareholder. It might well have been agreed that certain shareholders stay on and others don't, not necessarily anything to do with who is willing to sell or not.

The other 25% will surely just be holding essentially worthless shares in a company over which they have absolutely no control.

Some of them will probably just decide to hand them over under those conditions anyway - might as well cash in if you're going to have no say at all.

If he secures 90%, can't he just issue a compulsory purchase? Or is that for public companies only? :ph34r:

Once a certain amount is sold, aren't the rest forced to sell theirs?

Or is it the other way round? Once someone has a certain %age, they have to offer the real value to buy ALL the shares?

There are plenty on here who know their stuff on this and I wouldn't imagine it will be long before someone clarifies this. I was wondering the same thing myself.

I know it doesn't matter as such, but I am just curious as to who still stays on as a shareholder. It might well have been agreed that certain shareholders stay on and others don't, not necessarily anything to do with who is willing to sell or not.

It does matter slightly because there 25% of other shareholders are enough to kick up a fuss if MM wants to imply something they disagree with, 90% is the target so he can force the sale of other shares.

Eventually (you would think) Mandaric will probably buy the other 25%. In the interim this means he can take control of the club; the fannying around involved in getting 100% agreement might take months and Mandy doesn't want to risk us going down in the meantime.

Eventually (you would think) Mandaric will probably buy the other 25%. In the interim this means he can take control of the club; the fannying around involved in getting 100% agreement might take months and Mandy doesn't want to risk us going down in the meantime.

Hopefully but if he owns 75% and the other shareholders don't want to sell then he cannot do anything, like people have mentioned until he reaches the magic percentage of 90, MM won't be gettin full control.

Once a certain amount is sold, aren't the rest forced to sell theirs?

Or is it the other way round? Once someone has a certain %age, they have to offer the real value to buy ALL the shares?

There are plenty on here who know their stuff on this and I wouldn't imagine it will be long before someone clarifies this. I was wondering the same thing myself.

Once he get's 90% then the remaining 10% have to sell up at the price paid for the other 90%.

If he has 75% it means he is the majority shareholder and can make most if not all of the decisions anyway.

It does matter slightly because there 25% of other shareholders are enough to kick up a fuss if MM wants to imply something they disagree with, 90% is the target so he can force the sale of other shares.

They wouldn't be able to kick up that much of a fuss. Mandaric could make life very hard for the remaining 25% if he chose to do so. It all depends on whether the remaining shareholders have any say in the club, such as being a director, etc. If they don't then they couldn't make or oppose day to day decisions anyway.

You've hit the nail on the head there.

I have been told that Mandaric was willing to wait until he got 100% shares and control but in doing so it was likely that the club would fall in to Administration due to the time constraints of getting such an agreement and Milan just couldn't go through with it. He does have a heart as some might contest he hasn't.

One of the larger shareholders (Trevor Bennett) has recently died. So his shares are likely to be in legal limbo for some time.

And given that Mandy's offer is not exactly on the generous side I can understand why some of the others may not be willing to give their holding away unless they were legally obliged to.

As he'll probably be the only person on the board anyway there's no point in him haggling for months on end over the remaining 10-15% stake.

It would only distract him from more pressing business, such as attracting a new manager and coaching team.

Didn't I read in an interview with Lineker that although he was in agreement with the takeover he would like to retain a small share in the club?

It could be that certain current shareholders retain smaller stakes in the club rather than it being a case of a couple who refused to sell there origianl shares?

Just a thought! :)

You've hit the nail on the head there.

I have been told that Mandaric was willing to wait until he got 100% shares and control but in doing so it was likely that the club would fall in to Administration

Source?

The deal is done, there's no more need for any of this scaremongering crap. :angry:

Source?

The deal is done, there's no more need for any of this scaremongering crap. :angry:

John Barber has said it numerous times, this clubs is heading for admin unless there is a takeover. Of course anything he says could be incorrect.

I think it's clear to see we would of eventully gone into admin running as we are, MM's due dillagence has shown this.

John Barber has said it numerous times, this clubs is heading for admin unless there is a takeover. Of course anything he says could be incorrect.

I think it's clear to see we would of eventully gone into admin running as we are, MM's due dillagence has shown this.

He'd love that. :ph34r:

Archived