Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

Paddys Knackerd.

Kenton or Nisse will fill in ?? Not bad replacements ?? If Nisse fills in we'll have Sheehan at left back thank-you very much !! :cool:

Kelly has already shown that Maybury or Kenton or Stearman will play left back ahead of Sheehan.

More likely Maybury with Stearman at RB. Or even Kenton.

I hope Stearman gets a sustained run at RB in a settled defence with Kisnorbo and McAuley. I suppose from the rest itsbest to play Nisa at LB as he is doing OK. For once I`d just love to see a bloody settled back 4.

I hope Stearman gets a sustained run at RB in a settled defence with Kisnorbo and McAuley. I suppose from the rest itsbest to play Nisa at LB as he is doing OK. For once I`d just love to see a bloody settled back 4.

It's settled now with Maybury, McAuley, Kisnorbo and Johansson.

Well until they leak a barrel load!

That back 4 is fine I think.

I still would like to see Sterman play in midfield.

But seen as Paddy is out he will be cover for centre back.

That will do I suppose but I have never really rated Maybury and he has frustrated me more because according to Championship Manager 07, he is worth £1M which is what Wigan paid for him lol!!

I can't believe people are glad that we've lost a player till the end of the season. No he wouldn't be in my starting line-up but he's a good back-up if Paddy K or Gazza get injured.

We need Nissa at left-back, Kenton hasn't filled me with confidence recently and Stearman is inexperienced at CB, so we need Paddy Mac as an extra option in defence.

I'm certainly not happy when anyone gets injured. Injuries are bad. And therefore I'm not happy that Paddy Mac got injured: at the very least he puts his heart into matches and seems to care about the result.

Having said that, I don't agree with some of his tactics and he does tend to be panicky (as Katy said). :whistle:

I guess I'm in the minority of thinking Paddy Mac isn't a bad player. I think he has the potential to be a very good defender in the Gerry Taggart, Richard Dunne style. Granted, he may not dance the ball out of defence like say Rio Ferdinand or spray an inch perfect 50 yard pass, but I think he will be a very solid defender and a rock at the back.

To put it into perspective, McAuley, who is being raved about is 27. McCarthy is 23. From seeing them both play, the one or two attributes that McAuley has over McCarthy are all experienced based from playing more football. Positioning, maturity, anticipation. These are the only qualities that McAuley has over Paddy Mac.

I think we've got some good centre-backs at the club, who with the right midfield in front of them, could be a very effective unit.

I guess I'm in the minority of thinking Paddy Mac isn't a bad player. I think he has the potential to be a very good defender in the Gerry Taggart, Richard Dunne style. Granted, he may not dance the ball out of defence like say Rio Ferdinand or spray an inch perfect 50 yard pass, but I think he will be a very solid defender and a rock at the back.

To put it into perspective, McAuley, who is being raved about is 27. McCarthy is 23. From seeing them both play, the one or two attributes that McAuley has over McCarthy are all experienced based from playing more football. Positioning, maturity, anticipation. These are the only qualities that McAuley has over Paddy Mac.

I think we've got some good centre-backs at the club, who with the right midfield in front of them, could be a very effective unit.

I agree. :thumbup:

He needs an experienced head alongside him to help him mature into a better player and eradicate the mistakes in his game.

He'd better try not to pick up too many injuries then, as that would limit the amount of experience he can get...

Its not that he`s a bad player but just that many fans think we have two better centre-halves at the club and one of them (McAuley) was being played out of position at times. Many also think he shouldnt be club captain which erks afew.

I hope he hurries back to fitness but I hope he doesnt stroll straight into the team as statistically this season we have played better without him althought that me be co-incidence?!

I found this article interesting about Man Utd and Queiroz talking about the success of their young side and its development.

"[it's] continuity, daily work, being patient with mistakes, being on the right track, believing that if we trust them and if we provide them with the right preparation that sooner or later they grow up and they start to perform," Queiroz said.

And this is exactly what happened."

Now I know the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo have more talent than the likes of Stearman, McCarthy, Fryatt, etc but it's interesting to contrast Utd's view with ours where at some point in the season, we have tried to crucify the above players.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/6367551.stm

Archived