Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bold_fox

Reserve Team

I am right in saying that the reserve team is still non-existant ?

With the takeover now complete and the clubs financial security assured, it would be the right thing to re-introduce the Reserve Team.

Personally, I think teams can be really lacking without Reserve Squads, where players get a game every week and can push there way into the first team...

If I were MM, the first thing i'd do is re-introduce the reserve team and get them playing again.

Thoughts ?

With the takeover now complete and the clubs financial security assured, it would be the right thing to re-introduce the Reserve Team.

Personally, I think teams can be really lacking without Reserve Squads, where players get a game every weeek and can push there way into the first team...

If I were MM, the first thing i'd do is re-introduce the reserve team and get them playing again.

Thoughts ?

I was thinking the same thing. The reporters at the conference missed out on some questions and the reserve team was amongst the ones I would have asked.

Good point. I think its really something that needs to change.

So many of us on this site rate our youngsters, but to be honest they are still playing in a league of average players.

Having played in the Pro Youth league myself, its clearly apparent that the majority of the youngsters playing are not going to make the grade.

Most of the quality young players that are going to make, the likes of the Rooneys and Wallcotts are playing well above their age range.

we should be pushing our youngster to the next level. The reserve team would be ideal for this.

Personally, I think teams can be really lacking without Reserve Squads, where players get a game every week and can push there way into the first team...

Thoughts ?

It's not because of lack of funds, it's because the wankers at the FA decided they didn't want non-Premiership teams in the Reserve league.

It's not because of lack of funds, it's because the wankers at the FA decided they didn't want non-Premiership teams in the Reserve league.

FA to do with FA it's the Premier League that threw us out of the Premier Reserve League.

Sort out the difference between the FA, PL & FL!

FA to do with FA it's the Premier League that threw us out of the Premier Reserve League.

Sort out the difference between the FA, PL & FL!

Ah, thanks for correcting me. :thumbup:

To be honest, there's not much difference anyway, they're all money-obsessed, prawn sandwich-eating tossers.

Whatever the reasons, as has been said before, there are enough clubs in the midlands to form some sort of reserve league (wasn't there the Midland reserve league or something in the 80's? or did I dream that)

What would be really great if we could have Family Night Football back, it's a step down for the smaller kids who are overwhelmed by the 'grown up' match day experience. My little 3 year old loves football but is a tad scared of the loudness of it, it's not fair to keep her away altogether until she's older.

Ah, thanks for correcting me. :thumbup:

To be honest, there's not much difference anyway, they're all money-obsessed, prawn sandwich-eating tossers.

Sorry just re read that, somewhat abrupt, agree with your last statement as well.

The reason we don't play in a reserve league was discussed last night on the moan in.

The reason given was said to be because the league we were going to be in, wanted all the games to be played on the same day and to a set fixture list and we wanted some kind of flexibility.

It was decided that we wouldn't play in a league but instead play friendlies with like minded teams.

The reason we don't play in a reserve league was discussed last night on the moan in.

The reason given was said to be because the league we were going to be in, wanted all the games to be played on the same day and to a set fixture list and we wanted some kind of flexibility.

It was decided that we wouldn't play in a league but instead play friendlies with like minded teams.

Hasn't that always been the case? Sounds like a very poor excuse, the real reason was probably financial or ineptness.

But we knew it was coming and didn't make contingency plans.

Such games as there have been have been fairly tepid but it sure seems MM's appearance focused attention today. And that will be one of the main benefits.

Taking the field with an indifference, compromising attitude just won't be tolerated. Nor will underperformance off the field either. MM will hit Leicester City like a major earthquake.

Be interesting to see who survives. :whistle:

The club did say they are looking at setting an East Mids Reserve league up and have support of other clubs

But I didn't get the feeling it was as good as sorted. In fact the message came over loud and clear that first team players wouldn't come back through the reserves (one than with the odd game) and that the reserves was mainly a vehicle to assist the youngsters' progress.

Eventually the East Midlands idea did seem to carry support but you didn't get the impression anyone was rushing out of the door to get the paperwork done.

It's not something that will be agreed and sorted in five minutes - unless they let you do it Standup. :thumbup:

If they did I reckon we'd have the fixtures by the middle of next month. :scarf:

It's not something that will be agreed and sorted in five minutes - unless they let you do it Standup. :thumbup:

If they did I reckon we'd have the fixtures by the middle of next month. :scarf:

I'll put that on my CV :D

Your right though, they didnt seem over entusistic about the idea

But I didn't get the feeling it was as good as sorted. In fact the message came over loud and clear that first team players wouldn't come back through the reserves (one than with the odd game) and that the reserves was mainly a vehicle to assist the youngsters' progress.

Eventually the East Midlands idea did seem to carry support but you didn't get the impression anyone was rushing out of the door to get the paperwork done.

i can't imagine that there will be a new league this season.

The club did say they are looking at setting an East Mids Reserve league up and have support of other clubs

And they also did say that alot of the Midlands clubs were interested so it's up to them to push it forward now surely. :dunno:

Archived