Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Asha

Alternative Goal tune

I'd rather there was no music played after we score a goal. I don't like the idea and it's not how football should be.

However, the club seem to like the idea, so if we were going to have some, I'd want it to be Chase the Sun by Planetfunk or that song played after Reading score at home.

No music

No cheerleaders

No fire-eaters

No Foxettes

No choir

No band

No chants of 'You're not singing anymore' - because we won't have been 30 seconds prior to it hitting the net

No opera

No flag waving ballboys on the centre circle

Just a roar & some chanting about City thanks. Like it used to be when football was great.

And of course the traditional Filbert Fox :D

I'd prefer that no music is played when we score and just hear the mighty roar of the Loyal Blue Army.

But if we had 2 have some music then the one that Middlesborough have ( I cant remember what it is called) or Chase the sun by Planet Funk.:D

People...it isn't 'I'd rather no music but if we have to then...'

It's just - NO MUSIC!

It's a bastardisation and an Americanisation of our national sport. It holds no place here and it adds nothing ~ it is adopted by those that sit in boxes and munch free sandwiches at half-time, not those who've ever stood on terraces screaming themselves hoarse. They think it is atmosphere. They think it is 'family entertainment'.

They've forgotten that football is the peoples game, not theirs.

Grr, do I not like music at games.

If you want to listen to music at a match, take your bloody ipod with you!

Canned music played after goals just about sums up the way football has gone these days. There is absolutely no requirement for it. When a goal is scored, fans should be able to amuse themselves for thirty seconds before the game kicks off again. I used to find that jumping up and down, hugging the bloke next to you and goading the opposition fans was a good way to utilise this time.

Clubs (including it seems, City) will not be happy until they have entirely sterilised the atmosphere at grounds. A generation of supporters have grown up with this gradual shift from terrace culture (not all good, I admit) to the american model of crowd participation.

It is fricking ridiculous; the old SK1 boys must be either p1ssing themselves laughing or crying their eyes out over discusssions about what music to play when a goal is scored.

It is so, so sad.

MUSIC SHOULD NOT BE PLAYED AFTER A GOAL FULL STOP.

1) Its an insult to the fans, suggesting they're not good enough to make at atmosphere themselves.

2) It is the worst American intrusion into the game yet.

3) It is an embarrasment to the clubs that do it. (Away fans usually smirk and sneer at how tacky it is)

4) Surely there's enough music played before, half time, and after without the need for it to encroach on the play itself.

5) Note Everton, Liverpool, Chelsea M*n U*d, Tottenham, A Villa (traditionally big clubs famed for atmosphere) have not stooped so low as many clubs which have taken to music blasting. It is a total lack of dignity to do this, and I despise it almost as much as being forced to sit down and not have a choice of standing!

Archived