Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Battle of the Bands - circa 1995

It's 1995 all over again...  

18 members have voted

1. 1. ... so who gets your vote?

• blur
    • Oasis

I just happened to stumble upon an article about this particular battle from the mid 90s, an event I do actually remember (shock!)

So I decided to do a poll about it. I couldn't find anything like it, and thought it'd be fun to revisit the past (we do it all the time in the Leicester City forum, so why not here too?) ^_^

So... blur or Oasis? :cool:

Oasis for me, on balance. They did more songs that I actually like than blur. Simple as.

:thumbsup:

jesus, that took me right back to the student bar at college with numpties telling me they were 'well into indie' cos they 'love blur and oasis' upon asking them about modern life is rubbish they say 'oasis have only had one album out haven't they?' 'yes dear, some might say is oasis' first album :rolleyes: '

anywho, i'll vote blur, because they were/are innovative. oasis arn't, which saddened me

I just voted Blurg - and now they have 1 vote - What happened to your vote then Stez? - Or is the poll rigged? :ph34r:

I voted Blurg under the grounds that I would prefer to listen to nothing at all rather than oasis

my morning went:

toast

coffee

read deathsides post

remember to vote

blush

:blush:

Blur - innovation and some top tunes which actually sound different from one another.

Oasis - the opposite. Still enjoyable at times though.

Blur win.

True true.

And this is the crux of the argument - innovation versus efficient, effective consistency.

Oasis probably have more songs that I'll sing raucously to while drunk but then Blur have more songs where I'll really appreciate the music as opposed to the entertainment factor.

In short I dunno. Some days Oasis, others Blur!

I just happened to stumble upon an article about this particular battle from the mid 90s, an event I do actually remember (shock!)

So I decided to do a poll about it. I couldn't find anything like it, and thought it'd be fun to revisit the past (we do it all the time in the Leicester City forum, so why not here too?) ^_^

So... blur or Oasis? :cool:

Oasis for me, on balance. They did more songs that I actually like than blur. Simple as.

:thumbsup:

Neither because IMHO, they're both sh*te !!! Better artists at the time included Tricky, Boo Radleys, Portishead, Radiohead, Swervedriver ......

Archived