Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mat_j101

Consistency the key?

Unless I am mistaken, we started the same team yesterday that we did on Saturday, and the majority of these players have started the last few games. With JJ and AJ solid in centre mid, it would appear we wont have to keep chopping and changing.

It has to be good to keep playing the same team as they will get used to playing with each other.

We just have to hope for no injuries to first teamers now.

Unless I am mistaken, we started the same team yesterday that we did on Saturday, and the majority of these players have started the last few games. With JJ and AJ solid in centre mid, it would appear we wont have to keep chopping and changing.

It has to be good to keep playing the same team as they will get used to playing with each other.

You will always get injuries and suspensions and the team will always change but the test is how hungry the replacements are and how badly do they want to get back into the team. Competition is not only healthy but a requisite because you are only as good as your reserves they say!

On the plus side for the team that RK is picking is that the loanees are getting match-fit as are players like AJ who has been out for a while. More important is that the back 4 are playing together and getting used to each others game (as you mentioned) and we are being rewarded with clean sheets.

Lets hope we can keep it going but what will be interesting is these loan signings that we are meant to be bringing in. I wonder if they will demand a first team place and if RK will change it to accomodate them?

You do relise we were awfull last night and we shouldn't of got a point last night never mind three?

i`m sorry u are joking, AJ was anything but solid last night he might as well have actually not played, against cov he did well but last night he was AUWFUL, heard he was pretty diar against ipswich aswell (1st half)

yes keeping the same team is a good thing if its working then keep it the same, but i do think possible changes need to be made for sat, hendo's kicking was horendous last night soooo readable always to the left of the pitch, yes he is a good shot stopper but why not give logan a chance again, and AJ should be dropped for sat becuase of his poor performance last night.

You do relise we were awfull last night and we shouldn't of got a point last night never mind three?

When will people realise that we can't play well under kelly, even when we're winning we play cr*p. Last season when we went on that run, it was more down to luck than judgement.

Still it helps when we not got scary McCarthy in the side. Shame he didn't get injured sooner

Some arent totally match-fit having been injured or out of there respective club sides first team before joining us on loan and this is quite a quick game after Saturday for those players. We may not have played well but we won and Im sure we have played much better this season and ended up scratching our heads as we wondered how we didnt get maximum points out of a game. (OK maybe not that many unlucky stories but there have been a few, Colchester away springs to mind).

Some arent totally match-fit having been injured or out of there respective club sides first team before joining us on loan and this is quite a quick game after Saturday for those players. We may not have played well but we won and Im sure we have played much better this season and ended up scratching our heads as we wondered how we didnt get maximum points out of a game. (OK maybe not that many unlucky stories but there have been a few, Colchester away springs to mind).

Poor excuses really, Burnley played on Saturday as well. We were poor from the off, not after 60-70 minutes, in fact we had our only decent spell then, so I don't buy the tiredness thing.

We deserved to win at Ipswitch and against Cov but last night we were lucky it's as simple as that. This talk of play offs and us being alright as long as we stay consistent is tosh. I'm pleased with the run of results but I don't see why people have to make it into something it's not, this squad needs better players to challenge for the play offs.

It was ridiciulous playing the same team. Half of them simply weren't fit.

Football has changed. It is a squad game nowadays.

And all members of the squad should be able to cog-in naturally at this stage of the season.

One reason you have a squad is to avoid having to play the same side in two keenly competitive matches so close to one another.

If you think playing the same team was a good idea you should have been there and seen how drained some of them were right from the kick-off.

Make no mistake we won cos we were lucky not because of some masterplan by Rob Kelly.

It was a footballing shambles.

Poor excuses really, Burnley played on Saturday as well. We were poor from the off, not after 60-70 minutes, in fact we had our only decent spell then, so I don't buy the tiredness thing.

We deserved to win at Ipswitch and against Cov but last night we were lucky it's as simple as that. This talk of play offs and us being alright as long as we stay consistent is tosh. I'm pleased with the run of results but I don't see why people have to make it into something it's not, this squad needs better players to challenge for the play offs.

Im not making excuses for the team but the Horse wouldnt have played as many minutes had we not have been in desperation mode and Yeates and Jarrett arent match-fit and nor is the returning Johnson. We will probably see more from them due to them getting minutes under the belts in recent matches.

However, from the squad of loanees and full-timers and youths that we have today, I personally would probably want to bin all but 5 or 6 of them for next season. Im not saying that this current crop who have earned 10 points in 12 are the way forward for next season, far from it. Im saying that they are doing a job and I dont give a monkies if we had to play Wimbledon footy to secure Championship football and then the dust can settle and we can target some better quality players for next season under MM.

As for the play-offs talk, its just that, talk! Its certain peoples fun way of thanking god that we have won a few games and that we are looking upward and not down. We are now in a decent possie where that we can aim to finish as high as 9th or 10th, especially if we manage to get good results against 3 of the teams which we are due to play next month who currently occupy 3 of the bottom 4 positions in the division.

We always play badly, sometimes we win, sometimes draw and sometimes lose

Someone at least not blinded by the Blue tinted specs :thumbup:

We've rarely if ever performed above average for more than 30 minutes in any game, that, and poorly performing players are the only things that are consistent about us. Our position genuinely reflects our ability as a team with respect to other teams.

We always have a tired clichéd excuse ready for poor decision making and performances, these excuses generally apply to everyone in this league, even those riding higher than us. I don't want to hear them any more. The team have demonstrated occasionally, usually against better teams that they have some ability but it seems to take situations of earth quaking proportions to get them to deliver. Why is that?

On the nail Manwell, I wished I'd read that before I posted my views.

Archived