Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Three names on the long list of managers favoured

Kevin Keegan would be a huge piece of the jigsaw to make it the ultimate rollercoaster under Mandaric's ownership.

I wonder whether he'd come back to management? What doies he do these days? Doesn't even do any TV work does he?.

I'd love it.

What about Ossie Ardilles? ;)

Re. Steve Nicol, I read a report that he was looking to take Robbie Fowler to America which got me thinking whether Fowler could be a player we could go for?

What about Ossie Ardilles? ;)

Re. Steve Nicol, I read a report that he was looking to take Robbie Fowler to America which got me thinking whether Fowler could be a player we could go for?

If Robbie wasnt so rich, owning about 1000 houses and 100 horses lol, I`d have said yes. The problem is that despite his size, he doesnt seem that hungry anymore! When he-reigned for Liverpool he would have known it would be as 4th or 5th best striker. At that point he must have made up his mind that he didnt want regular football and being at his favourite club amongst friends was more important than banging in goals for a smaller team in maybe a lower division. I`d say he would at this stage be a step in the wrong direction for us. We need hungry players!

my choices are:

Nigel Clough - done a great job at Burton.

Richard Money - again doing a fantastic job at Walsall.

Martin Allen - had some ups and downs but doing sterling work with MK Dons.

Doubt we'll go for any of these but I do believe that any of them would do a good job!

Thats a joke right???!!

And your point is???

My point is that people ask if Nichol's experienced enough. Kelly has very managerial experience when he took over and only limited experience as a player. I don't like Kelly's style as a manager but record-wise he's done fairly well.

Kevin Keegan would be a huge piece of the jigsaw to make it the ultimate rollercoaster under Mandaric's ownership.

I wonder whether he'd come back to management? What doies he do these days? Doesn't even do any TV work does he?.

I'd love it.

he has opened a soccer school in edinborough i belive , there was a feature on ssn few months back . he made it clear he wasnt interested in a return to management but did say never say never

It's no more ridiculous than Jamie Redknapp!

And he has done a pretty good job at Burton. We could, and have, done alot worse!

That was my far fetched 3rd choice and to be honest I cant see it happening despite MMs relationship with Jamies dad. I do think that Redknapp junior will make a good manager someday but I`d doubt it will be with us.

That was my far fetched 3rd choice and to be honest I cant see it happening despite MMs relationship with Jamies dad. I do think that Redknapp junior will make a good manager someday but I`d doubt it will be with us.

I don't know why people keep putting his name forward. I know it's never say never but he is quoted as saying he's not interested in management having seen the effect it's had on his Dad and he doesn't need the money - does he?

Besides he's much more likely to be the next Gary.

I don't know why people keep putting his name forward. I know it's never say never but he is quoted as saying he's not interested in management having seen the effect it's had on his Dad and he doesn't need the money - does he?

Besides he's much more likely to be the next Gary.

Im only going on what I have heard/seen with regards to him being a very knowledgable football person. If he has said he isnt going into that side of the game then thats fair enough.

MLS manager?! :doh:

Oh dear, these have disaster written all over them.

No experience in ENglish football, transfer system etc. English football is a whole different world to American "soccer"

nichol played for years in the english game with liverpool why do you say no experience?

nichol played for years in the english game with liverpool why do you say no experience?

As a manager in England!

What is unique about him playing the English game there's thousand that can say they've done that, it doesn't make them good managers.

How I'd love to see that. A bit of passion, a bit of enthusiasm and a bit of fun back to the team after years of boring football, cr@p results and no one in charge really seeming to care enough.

He may be a bit tactically naive at times (but in the opposite way to Kelly - he doesn't know when to defend whereas Kelly sometimes doesn't know when to attack) but he's got history of getting clubs out of this division and he'd certainly excite the fans.

Can see why you say that Cheese. But I spent six months with KK many moons ago and I can assure you he is anything but tactically naive. He sees the best form of defence as attack and always has done. A bit like Thracian does as it happens.

Can see why you say that Cheese. But I spent six months with KK many moons ago and I can assure you he is anything but tactically naive. He sees the best form of defence as attack and always has done. A bit like Thracian does as it happens.

KK for manager, with Thracian as assistant. :thumbup:

I'd definitely take Kevin Keegan if he was interested, although I'm not really sure if he wants a return to football managment- at least matches would be exciting.

Failing that, I'd be quite interested in seeing what Paul Ince could do...

The man was awesome and if he's still got the enthusiasm and contacts I'd just love him to take the helm at the Walkers.

Can't imagine two such big personalities as he and MM sharing the same platform but I can remember Leicester going up to Newcastle with such trepidation that their only aim was to avoid a hammering. They failed miserably and lost 7-1.That's how intimidating his team was.

You can just hear Keegan announcing the opening day 4-4-2 system and having to explain that the system worked the other way around to normal with four up front, four in midfield and two at the back simply to ensure the opposition's lone striker didn't get lost in such lonely surroundings. :D

Tremendous player Keegan, part of a wonderful team and he just carried on the same way as a manager.

So that's Keegan or Ince I'd be happy with so far. Told you I wasn't hard to please. :D

Archived