Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Three names on the long list of managers favoured

Steve Nicol

Tony Adams

Fernando Clavicjo

Web

Did you mean: Fernando Clavijo

No standard web pages containing all your search terms were found.

Your search - Fernando Clavicjo - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

* Make sure all words are spelled correctly.

* Try different keywords.

* Try more general keywords.

* Try fewer keywords.

Steve Nicol

Tony Adams

Fernando Clavicjo

Nicol has done a good job with New England. Very good in the regular season but they have lost 2(i think) MLS cup finals whilst he has been in charge Plays defensively when he has to win. Nicol also has a reputation of developing good players, eg Clint Dempsey who has just moved to Fulham.

For those of you who don't know who Clavijo is. Has the same problem of winning the "big one"

Bio

Either of them would be an interesting choice.

MLS manager?! :doh:

Oh dear, these have disaster written all over them.

No experience in ENglish football, transfer system etc. English football is a whole different world to American "soccer"

Obviously you are too young to remember Steve Nicol winning eleventeen trophies with Liverpool :dunno:

Clavicjo perhaps, but don't shoot the messenger :thumbup:

Obviously you are too young to remember Steve Nicol winning eleventeen trophies with Liverpool :dunno:

Clavicjo perhaps, but don't shoot the messenger :thumbup:

I remember him well but I don't see the relevance of those trophies to his ability to manage a football team. :dunno:

I saw Steve Nichol lots of times.

Comparing Nichol and Kelly's playing records is like comparing Arkle with Dobbin.

Nichol's teams had a through-the-side attacking philosophy so he ought to have pictures in his mind of what he'd want to achieve.

But he's another defender turned manager. Doesn't anyone employ attackers?. Is that the hidden reason for football's pre-occupation with safety first?. :whistle:

Or is it really just the money, the greed and the fear of risk?.

****Steve Nichol played for Liverpool as a defender and midfielder when Liverpool won four English League Titles, three F.A. Cup Titles and the 1984 European Cup. In 1989, he was named Footballer of the Year by England's soccer writers. He also played on the Scottish National Team between 1984 and 1992 and started at the 1986 World Cup in Mexico.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Nicol

Let's just take a brief look at the Pompey template: several managers - mostly unknown no marks from abroad - several sackings including the best of a bad bunch HR - whose return was the only real correct decision thus saving Pompey from the drop. Then come in new investor = pretty profit.

What precisely has RK done to upset so much?? I can remember the dross served up last season and the fear of seeing us drop down even further - now admittedly it hasn't been much better this year but we are going in the right direction and I for one feels he deserves a little more respect. We have already had the opportunity to get a big name in Iain Dowie and I am sure there are others but unless there is somebody outstanding I cannot see the sense of getting rid. Things will happen differently - he will either progress and we will improve or it will become obvious that he can take us no further and the decision will be clear. :yawn:

This thread amuses me, thats it, theres no facts here, just completly unsubstantiated rumour!

they all are in most parts but thats whats football about, if we had nothing to talk about or moan about it wouldn't be as popular, untill the end of the season we will not know what will happen for sure with RK or playing staff, need to give them abit of chance or we will become a club that has a manager coming and going every 18 months and will be going no where fast, need to have abit of stabilty and faith, you only have to look at west ham and see that changing manger doesn't change ur fourtunes straight the way, sometime abit of time and faith are needed but everyone has there own thoughts an ideas of course

Steve Nicol

Tony Adams

Fernando Clavicjo

Steve Nicol is doing well in the States but has been living there for so long that I wouldnt be confident in him being upto date with English players. Adams has failed in his first attempt as manager at Wycombe so I wouldnt bother with him as he isnt ready and the other dude I cant comment on because I havent a clue who he is.

As some people think this thread is a waste, lets waste it a little more lol!!

Name 3 managers who you would like to replace RK, with the choices being realistic(ish)!!!!

My choices are, in order of preference...

1. Kevin Keegan - Will always be remembered for walking out of England but has taken Man City and Fulham up in similar circumstances to us. He attracts good players and plays decent football.

2. Glenn Hoddle - Did very well at Swindon albeit ages ago, then was doing a great job for Chelsea before England made him manager. Even there he was doing OK before being sacked for being a weirdo lol. He messed up at Wolves although he drew far too many games with them as apose to losing that many.

3. Jamie Redknapp - A strange choice and it goes against the grain to what my typical thoughts of management are. (that a manager should be experienced). I mention him because out of most pundits out there he seems to talk sense and have a great football briain. Im sure that he has learned plenty for his dad and I would risk bringing him to the club ahead of these so called highly rated people currently in management jobs like Holloway, Newell, Ince and Cotterill who havent actually donn much good where they currently are but seem to be wanted by some fans.

Barking up the wrong tree old KK will be here in the summer!

How I'd love to see that. A bit of passion, a bit of enthusiasm and a bit of fun back to the team after years of boring football, cr@p results and no one in charge really seeming to care enough.

He may be a bit tactically naive at times (but in the opposite way to Kelly - he doesn't know when to defend whereas Kelly sometimes doesn't know when to attack) but he's got history of getting clubs out of this division and he'd certainly excite the fans.

Steve Nicol is doing well in the States but has been living there for so long that I wouldnt be confident in him being upto date with English players. Adams has failed in his first attempt as manager at Wycombe so I wouldnt bother with him as he isnt ready and the other dude I cant comment on because I havent a clue who he is.

As some people think this thread is a waste, lets waste it a little more lol!!

Name 3 managers who you would like to replace RK, with the choices being realistic(ish)!!!!

My choices are, in order of preference...

1. Kevin Keegan - Will always be remembered for walking out of England but has taken Man City and Fulham up in similar circumstances to us. He attracts good players and plays decent football.

2. Glenn Hoddle - Did very well at Swindon albeit ages ago, then was doing a great job for Chelsea before England made him manager. Even there he was doing OK before being sacked for being a weirdo lol. He messed up at Wolves although he drew far too many games with them as apose to losing that many.

3. Jamie Redknapp - A strange choice and it goes against the grain to what my typical thoughts of management are. (that a manager should be experienced). I mention him because out of most pundits out there he seems to talk sense and have a great football briain. Im sure that he has learned plenty for his dad and I would risk bringing him to the club ahead of these so called highly rated people currently in management jobs like Holloway, Newell, Ince and Cotterill who havent actually donn much good where they currently are but seem to be wanted by some fans.

Please no. It'd just be more of the same again. Dull, dull, dull.

Archived