Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Maybes

Fourth Official

So, 90 minutes had been up on the score board for around 2 minutes before the flaming fourth official decided he would stretch his legs and decide to display an additional 3 minutes of added on time. What the hell was he doing? Why did rennie play the 3 minutes then add on another 3? What a pair of idiots!! :blink:

So, 90 minutes had been up on the score board for around 2 minutes before the flaming fourth official decided he would stretch his legs and decide to display an additional 3 minutes of added on time. What the hell was he doing? Why did rennie play the 3 minutes then add on another 3? What a pair of idiots!! :blink:

I tihnk it was Rennie's fault. After all, the fourth official needs to be told how much to add on. Rennie was absolute bollocks, fat bastard!

at 52 mins me and a few other people around us couldn't believe we had played 7 mins, then we realised that the game kicked off again at 410(on the score board) and at 415 it says we were on the 53rd min :S

For the first two minutes of the second half, the clock wasnt working and then it suddenly went to 53 minutes.... and then instead of going to 54 minutes, it went back to 53 and kept doing this for about 5 minutes. In the end i think it was 3 minutes fast so when it was 90 minutes on the scoreboard, it was only the 87th minute

The Time is 4 minutes fast on the Walkers clock, hence why we seem to kick off at 3.05 every week, and the time played broke at half time. It started again 3 minutes into the second half, but started on 52 minutes. Hence why we played an extra 3 or 4 minutes before the board went up :thumbup:

Yeh not many people noticed but they forgot to start the clock at half time, and then about 3 minutes into the 2nd half (48 mins on my watch), they started it at 52 so it was always going to confuse people who hadn't noticed. So as nice as it would be to say the assistants were at fault, it wasn't them!

The Time is 4 minutes fast on the Walkers clock, hence why we seem to kick off at 3.05 every week, and the time played broke at half time. It started again 3 minutes into the second half, but started on 52 minutes. Hence why we played an extra 3 or 4 minutes before the board went up :thumbup:

Oh right, I was wondering why we'd only played 13 minutes at twenty-past four! :S

For the first two minutes of the second half, the clock wasnt working and then it suddenly went to 53 minutes.... and then instead of going to 54 minutes, it went back to 53 and kept doing this for about 5 minutes. In the end i think it was 3 minutes fast so when it was 90 minutes on the scoreboard, it was only the 87th minute

Good explanation syston fox, thanks, but I think you were guilty of clock watching today sir, you need to concentrate for the full 90! :D

It was funny seeing the "loyal supporters" leaving when the clock was showing 78 minutes, when it was only 74 mins really.

It really gets to me these people arrive late then leave 5 minutes from the end, whats the point?

Still it must have worried Rennie when half of our team pointed out that the scoreboard was showing 90 mins!

But then again he is a total co*k so probably thought he could get into the papers by playing some extra "rennie" time!

Cheers

Phil

Oh right, I was wondering why we'd only played 13 minutes at twenty-past four! :S

I heard a whistle, but it was nothing like the full time type blows you hear.

Agreed. There was definitely a whistle but it was quite quiet and barely recognisable what with the Baggies willing Kamara through to score and win the game for them right next to us. :whistle:

The officiating in general wasn't too great though in all honesty was it? It'd have been a better game than it was if the officials (Rennie in particular) were not so obsessed with stoppages.

Archived