Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wigstonfox

Kellys chance.

With all sorts of rumours about who Kelly may or may not bring in, who he does bring in will define his quality and potential as a manager.No more can he bleat on about working with no finance, this is his chance to show us ALL, what hes really made of. Take away Todorov, if he comes, because thats an MM deal.Lets see who Kelly rates, I for one doubt he will bring in anyone that we will be exited, or even mildly enthused about. I,ve here,d names like Micheal Gray for example, I mean please do me a favour.If he,s the sort of dross that comes in then we know Kellys not the man to bring in the quality we will need to go back up. ;)

With all sorts of rumours about who Kelly may or may not bring in, who he does bring in will define his quality and potential as a manager.No more can he bleat on about working with no finance, this is his chance to show us ALL, what hes really made of. Take away Todorov, if he comes, because thats an MM deal.Lets see who Kelly rates, I for one doubt he will bring in anyone that we will be exited, or even mildly enthused about. I,ve here,d names like Micheal Gray for example, I mean please do me a favour.If he,s the sort of dross that comes in then we know Kellys not the man to bring in the quality we will need to go back up. ;)

Nothing will happen to excite us this season. In the summer though, who knows?

Who would you get in then? :rolleyes:

You forget, Wigston Fox, that the players RK wants might not want to come to a mid table Champo Club at the moment. Not unless we pay huge salaries, and I for one don't want loads of mercernaries marching down Filbert Way

I agree, but good footballers, do not have to be mercernaries. Its about knowing who,s got the ability to help lead us on the pitch at this time.Other wise it,ll be Crewe Alex marching down Filbert Way

I agree, but good footballers, do not have to be mercernaries. Its about knowing who,s got the ability to help lead us on the pitch at this time.Other wise it,ll be Crewe Alex marching down Filbert Way

Oh as if, 13th and people are still on with this relegation crap.

Prem clubs cant sign decent replacements which limits the players that RK can bring in now the "proper" January transfer window has been slammed shut because no-one wants to risk giving someone away without bringing one in, unless he is a player with no future at the club or a youth team player.

The signings we got in the window were as good as panic signings at it all happened during that mad 12 hours when we generated money from the Williams sale. I dont think that the players we get in during the rest of this loan window will be worth getting unless they have a future with the club beyond this season. There is no need to panic now as we wont go down so IMO we shouldnt waste energies on temprorary loans and just try two or three of the kids from our successful youth team.

BTW - Im 99% certain RK`s future is decided and that MM will bring in his own man in the summer.

Oh as if, 13th and people are still on with this relegation crap.

Who said relegation ? I mean if Kelly doesn,t bring in the quality needed, then its the Crewe Alex,s that will be marching down Filbert way. Maybe you,d be happy with that ! just another second rater.

Prem clubs cant sign decent replacements which limits the players that RK can bring in now the "proper" January transfer window has been slammed shut because no-one wants to risk giving someone away without bringing one in, unless he is a player with no future at the club or a youth team player.

The signings we got in the window were as good as panic signings at it all happened during that mad 12 hours when we generated money from the Williams sale. I dont think that the players we get in during the rest of this loan window will be worth getting unless they have a future with the club beyond this season. There is no need to panic now as we wont go down so IMO we shouldnt waste energies on temprorary loans and just try two or three of the kids from our successful youth team.

BTW - Im 99% certain RK`s future is decided and that MM will bring in his own man in the summer.

Thats true, but believe me if you were at Burnley !!!!!!!!! Trust me we need a couple of experinced players, if only as back up. We dont need Stearman coming on in midfield, give the boy a break.

Who said relegation ? I mean if Kelly doesn,t bring in the quality needed, then its the Crewe Alex,s that will be marching down Filbert way. Maybe you,d be happy with that ! just another second rater.

If Kelly doesn't bring in the quality we need, then he'll be removed. It's as simple as that. Milan won't allow for us to be a second-rate team languishing in the lower-reaches of the Championship table. My stance on Kelly is perfectly clear for everybody on here to see, so I'm currently going with the notion Milan knows what he's doing and Kelly is on borrowed time - every game could be his last and he needs to show his credentials every week as manager from now on.

As for Crewe Alexandra coming to play us, no. Just no. It's not happening. Unless it's in the cup next season.

I can't imagine Kelly's future is decided at all. Kelly is a member of Mandaric's staff now. If he does well with results, if MM thinks the camp is happy and if Kelly impresses with his day-to-day work, why would any boss want to change things?

Yes MM might have felt that way initially - and may well have people in mind should he need/want to make a change, but MM is, apart from anything else a fans man and a media man. If Kelly takes us upwards, helped by Mandaric's money and contacts, there's no way he'll change all that for the sake of it.

What is certainly true is that Kelly will need to do well and show Mandaric that he's capable of taking the team forward and to me that work is just beginning. Kelly underpeformed first half of the season and Leicester City, right now, are where we might reasonably have expected them to be several months back.

Mandaric has talked about 4/5 wins in the remaining games and that is not unreasonable. Kelly therefore has a fair idea of his parameters and if he can achieve them while presenting an improved manner of performance there's be no sense in MM not letting him continue.

Thats true, but believe me if you were at Burnley !!!!!!!!! Trust me we need a couple of experinced players, if only as back up. We dont need Stearman coming on in midfield, give the boy a break.

We need to spend our energies on finding the Bosmans and future signings for next season now and stop chasing loanees. We have managed to secure enough points to not panic like we all were a month ago when we hadnt signed any players and when we were about 3 points away from relegation. Its pointless on bringing in more players like Glombard (although he may well be going back soon) now that we have earned those points. Had we not won 3 games I`d have probably begged for 6 more loan signings!!!

As for Stearman, he is the type of player who doesnt need a break and needs to be around the first team squad. He may not be the best right-midfielder at the club but he isnt getting a game in defence these days and he has also gone backwards from last seasons form. I`d rather have him on the bench than someone like Cada who wont be here beyond this season or even Glombard.

I can't imagine Kelly's future is decided at all. Kelly is a member of Mandaric's staff now. If he does well with results, if MM thinks the camp is happy and if Kelly impresses with his day-to-day work, why would any boss want to change things?

Yes MM might have felt that way initially - and may well have people in mind should he need/want to make a change, but MM is, apart from anything else a fans man and a media man. If Kelly takes us upwards, helped by Mandaric's money and contacts, there's no way he'll change all that for the sake of it.

What is certainly true is that Kelly will need to do well and show Mandaric that he's capable of taking the team forward and to me that work is just beginning. Kelly underpeformed first half of the season and Leicester City, right now, are where we might reasonably have expected them to be several months back.

Mandaric has talked about 4/5 wins in the remaining games and that is not unreasonable. Kelly therefore has a fair idea of his parameters and if he can achieve them while presenting an improved manner of performance there's be no sense in MM no letting him coninue.

I could be way off on this one but Im pretty certain that MM is the type of bloke to bring in his own man and do things his own way. Im not saying he is sneaky but he would have spoken to many managers, agents and players as he was taking over and Dowie is just the one that has been publicised. He also said his delay in coming in to us had cost us 3 players (that he obviously wanted).

I think MM has already lined up the manager that he wants to do the job for him over the next 3 years and he will come in once the season comes to an end. I dont think he thinks that RK is either high profile enough or the fans favourite to move us on.

If Kelly doesn't bring in the quality we need, then he'll be removed. It's as simple as that. Milan won't allow for us to be a second-rate team languishing in the lower-reaches of the Championship table. My stance on Kelly is perfectly clear for everybody on here to see, so I'm currently going with the notion Milan knows what he's doing and Kelly is on borrowed time - every game could be his last and he needs to show his credentials every week as manager from now on.

As for Crewe Alexandra coming to play us, no. Just no. It's not happening. Unless it's in the cup next season.

Did you understand that post? If so can you tell me why he's talking about Crewe Alexandre coming to the Walkers next year?

Did you understand that post? If so can you tell me why he's talking about Crewe Alexandre coming to the Walkers next year?

Not that clear but I think he may mean players from Crewe Alexandra coming to the Walkers, instead of Ronaldo-esque footballing gods.

Not that clear but I think he may mean players from Crewe Alexandra coming to the Walkers, instead of Ronaldo-esque footballing gods.

well theres one or two players from Crewe I wouldn't say no to. Just because they play in League One doesn't make every player that plays for them shit.

I struggled to grasp what he was on about in that post to be honest. I fathomed a guess and the best I could come up with was that they're currently sat in 11th in League One on 47 points. They have two games in hand on the team currently occupying 6th place (others around the same area have one or two games in hand) and could rise to the same amount of points - 53. This would see them harbouring an outside and unlikely chance of getting into the playoffs this season and coming up, thus playing us at the Walkers next season?! :dunno:

As for players they've got - off the top of my head from what I have seen this season, Luke Varney and Nicky Maynard are two players I can remember who look dangerous, capable and well able to find the back of the net with and without chances being created for them.

I struggled to grasp what he was on about in that post to be honest. I fathomed a guess and the best I could come up with was that they're currently sat in 11th in League One on 47 points. They have two games in hand on the team currently occupying 6th place (others around the same area have one or two games in hand) and could rise to the same amount of points - 53. This would see them harbouring an outside and unlikely chance of getting into the playoffs this season and coming up, thus playing us at the Walkers next season?! :dunno:

As for players they've got - off the top of my head from what I have seen this season, Luke Varney and Nicky Maynard are two players I can remember who look dangerous, capable and well able to find the back of the net with and without chances being created for them.

David Vaughan :thumbup:

David Vaughan :thumbup:

Not sure whether or not he's good as I haven't paid all that much attention to their games, but I'll take your word for it because you're a very knowledgable man. :thumbup::P

It'll please Finnegan (remember him?!) if he were to ever come here because I understand that he's Welsh. Another one for the LCFC Short Brigade though methinks 'cos the stats put him at 5 foot 7!!

Crewe have had some quality players produced from their youth team! and I think Billy Jones is a quality player!

Yeah he is highly regarding and out of contract in the summer. Crewe boss Gradi wants to agree a fee instead of going to a tribunal but it seems loads of clubs are interested, including prem ones! http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...p;channel=&

Dario Gradi is hoping Crewe can agree compensation with a club for young defender Billy Jones to avoid the need for a tribunal.

Jones has spurned all contract offers put in front of him and is set to depart The Railwaymen as a free agent at the end of the season.

Crewe would receive compensation for the teenage stopper, but any fee set by a tribunal is likely to be minimal.

Gradi is aiming to thrash out a deal with a Premiership club before June but admits Jones' representatives may prove a stumbling block.

"It is impossible to quote a figure for Billy. So what we hope to do is agree an amount with a club beforehand," Gradi told The Sentinel.

"That is what I am doing at the moment. I am talking to various clubs and I am emphatically telling them he is good enough to play in the Premiership.

"I am hoping that someone will come in and offer us decent compensation for him. But having said that, it is out of my control. It is more under the control of his agent and his dad at the moment."

Everton and Manchester City are both believed to hold a strong interest in signing Jones in the summer.

Archived