Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mancunianfox

Current Form

Hmm maybe I'm a little bit unfair in calling him bad, for the reasons you have outlined in the quoted post.

Though I'm sure you won't disagree that he isn't good enough? Based on general performances, decisions and consistency? Oh wait, this is you we're talking about. Disagreement is always likely! :P

Honestly though, if Kelly feels we're safe in 2 or 3 games time, and the foot comes off the gas, we probably won't be drawn completely back into the relegation mess, but we'll all start getting a little bit agitated and uncomfortable with form and league position again. I just think that the two unbeaten runs this season have acted as a distraction of attention from the utter shite we have been treated to.

I try to avoid making judgements about managers until the time is right, some people think to short term with managers. He'll get to the end of the season at least which is fine by me, I'll see how he gets on.

There is no need to get some duffer off the scrap heap now, we are in a situation where we can pay compensation to a Club. It's all gravy :thumbup:

I'm sure when MM decides who he wants you'll be the first one he tells.

I try to avoid making judgements about managers until the time is right, some people think to short term with managers. He'll get to the end of the season at least which is fine by me, I'll see how he gets on.

Just as I'd expected! :P

It's a fair point I guess. I know he'll still be here at the end of the season, and then there will be a major assessment (I'd have thought) on the part of MM as to where we need improving. And tbf, if he decides we need a new manager, I'm not going to lose much sleep over it because I just haven't been all that impressed with Kelly on the whole this term. Still, everybody has the right to their own opinion. :)

Mandaric has set a new standard for the club to reach. The close nature of the Championship this season both at the top and the bottom means that whereas Kelly was under real pressure before the Ipswich game with Mandaric coming in, he now seems almost certain to win a reprieve until the end of the season. He's going to have to keep up a decent run until then though which will be difficult. It proved too tricky for him to motivate a similar squad last season once we'd secured Championship football again. The difference this season is that the club has been set a whole new level of achievement to attain from now on and they are all under pressure to perform in each game with a view to being a part of the next few seasons, regardless of where we are in the table. It's the kick up the arse that this club has needed for nearly three years now. No more moping about using lack of money as an excuse. We haven't even signed anyone since Mandaric assumed control and yet look at the results in recent weeks. Hopefully the malaise that set in since relegation has been banished completely and as fans we can start demanding play-off form as a target rather than hearing excuses week in week out, however valid they've been in the past.

That much I'll give you, he's actually been f'cking shite.

The fact that even by Christmas we were still the unfittest team in the league is testament to how bad he is.

I, of course, disagree.

Rob gets the blame for all of the bad and none of the good. I love how people claiming that he's been shit 'apart from the runs', which of course weren't anything to do with him.

I, of course, disagree.

Rob gets the blame for all of the bad and none of the good. I love how people claiming that he's been shit 'apart from the runs', which of course weren't anything to do with him.

That's what you get with people so anti-Kelly - refuse to give him credit for anything positive. It's a fear of backtracking on their opinions.

That's what you get with people so anti-Kelly - refuse to give him credit for anything positive. It's a fear of backtracking on their opinions.

True. He should take blame for bad stuff, but he deserves some credit from time to time too. I'm not so much Pro-Kelly as Anti-chopping and changing. As far as I see it, which is probably different to a lot of people, he's done an average job so far (on average). An average job might be cause for sacking in the long term, but not after just over a year, especially with the restrictions we've had. By giving him some time to run a real club, and not one built on a house of cards, we're not losing anything.

So long as he makes any kind of tangible improvement, or at least does no worse than he is at current, I'd give him until early December or so. Maybe longer.

He isn't satisfied with him and he will play no part at LCFC next season.

Milan wants high profile not some nomark numbnuts who has served up f'cking drivel fro the 3 years he has been employed. Davies and Kelly will be shunted out the door in the summer. Personally I would have done it sooner and Mandaric is making life awkward for himself as the thickets that happy clap around the Walkers might get upset if Nice-Guy-Robert gets the can.

Just deal with ther fact he has a couple of months left and then he will become another in the hall of shite that is the last 3-4 years.

This from the man who said Matty Fryatt would be gone by the end of August 2006.

You know it all, don't you?

True. He should take blame for bad stuff, but he deserves some credit from time to time too. I'm not so much Pro-Kelly as Anti-chopping and changing. As far as I see it, which is probably different to a lot of people, he's done an average job so far (on average). An average job might be cause for sacking in the long term, but not after just over a year, especially with the restrictions we've had. By giving him some time to run a real club, and not one built on a house of cards, we're not losing anything.

So long as he makes any kind of tangible improvement, or at least does no worse than he is at current, I'd give him until early December or so. Maybe longer.

I'd go with that.

EDIT: Actually, I'm probably looking for a bit more. I'd expect some decent(ish) signings over the summer and some definite signs of improvement on the pitch.

Kevin Keegan will be installed as manager in May. Ive just spoken to Garry Parkers ex who said she left him after a fling with Kevin Keegan. They had a son whose name shall remain anonymous. :thumbup::D

Kevin Keegan will be installed as manager in May. Ive just spoken to Garry Parkers ex who said she left him after a fling with Kevin Keegan. They had a son whose name shall remain anonymous. :thumbup::D

And I thought Keegan had been taking a rest! :whistle::D:D

Archived