Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mancunianfox

Current Form

Based on the last six games.

1 Wolverhampton Wanderers W D W W W W

2 Sunderland D W W W D W

3 West Bromwich Albion W W D W W D

4 Cardiff City W W D W L W

5 Leicester City L D W W W D

6 Southampton W L D W L W

7 Crystal Palace D W L L W W

8 Derby County W W W D L L

9 Stoke City W D D L D W

10 Barnsley W W L L L W

11 Preston North End W L W L W L

12 Plymouth Argyle W L D L W D

13 Colchester United W D W L L D

14 Birmingham City L D W W D L

15 Coventry City W L D L W D

16 Southend United W D W L L L

17 Leeds United W L W L D L

18 Hull City D L L D L W

19 Luton Town L L D D W L

20 Queens Park Rangers L L W L D D

21 Sheffield Wednesday L L L D L W

22 Norwich City L L L W L D

23 Ipswich Town W D L L L L

24 Burnley L L D L L D

I'm sure this has made a couple of appearances in threads today. :whistle:

Still, it's nice to actually look at a form guide and see us flying high - if only that were representative of the whole season instead! Still, better late than never and hopefully it'll continue for the remainder of this campaign, so we can build on it and push on next time around.

I'm sure this has made a couple of appearances in threads today. :whistle:

Still, it's nice to actually look at a form guide and see us flying high - if only that were representative of the whole season instead! Still, better late than never and hopefully it'll continue for the remainder of this campaign, so we can build on it and push on next time around.

Courtesy of Rob Kelly. :) :) ;) ;) :thumbup:

Oh behave. As if somebody who whores as much as I do will ever be given the green light to become one of you! :P

TPH. :unsure:

Get a grip. Not courtesy of Rob Kelly. Please!! :cry:

:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

If we have a late sustained run of form/results, don't you think Rob Kelly will be playing some part in that next season? :mellow:

I reckon he might be in with a shout... :ph34r:

TPH. :unsure:But honestly I cannot be compared to the standards TPH set can I?! I'm not The People's Hero. Your example isn't relevant here!

:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

If we have a late sustained run of form/results, don't you think Rob Kelly will be playing some part in that next season? :mellow:

I reckon he might be in with a shout... :ph34r:

No. I think he's going to be replaced. In the summer. I don't think Milan is all that satisfied with him tbh.

To be fair I don't really know how he couldn't be happy with him. He has only worked for him for three games and he has won seven points out of a possible nine. How could you not be satisfied with that?

Kelly hasn't exactly been brilliant over the course of this season for us, and two good runs thus far have spared his blushes and helped to cover up the problems so evident for much of the campaign. Were it not for the two quality runs of form in two unbeaten months when staring relegation in the face, we'd have been dead and buried by now. If we'd have been able to achieve this form without first having to stare relegation in the face, and be consistent with it, who's to say that we wouldn't be chasing the playoffs?

I've said it before and I'll say it again - it appears to me that Kelly only gets us playing football and picking up results when relegation is a real and daunting possibility for us. Now, if that's the sort of thing that makes you happy, then I feel sorry for you. Because as a fan who wants to see my club do well, I am not at all impressed with it. And I'm sure with Milan, wanting to get us back into the Premiership within 3 years, will not be happy if this is how Kelly continues in the future.

To be fair I don't really know how he couldn't be happy with him. He has only worked for him for three games and he has won seven points out of a possible nine. How could you not be satisfied with that?

He isn't satisfied with him and he will play no part at LCFC next season.

Milan wants high profile not some nomark numbnuts who has served up f'cking drivel fro the 3 years he has been employed. Davies and Kelly will be shunted out the door in the summer. Personally I would have done it sooner and Mandaric is making life awkward for himself as the thickets that happy clap around the Walkers might get upset if Nice-Guy-Robert gets the can.

Just deal with ther fact he has a couple of months left and then he will become another in the hall of shite that is the last 3-4 years.

He isn't satisfied with him and he will play no part at LCFC next season.

Milan wants high profile not some nomark numbnuts who has served up f'cking drivel fro the 3 years he has been employed. Davies and Kelly will be shunted out the door in the summer. Personally I would have done it sooner and Mandaric is making life awkward for himself as the thickets that happy clap around the Walkers might get upset if Nice-Guy-Robert gets the can.

Just deal with ther fact he has a couple of months left and then he will become another in the hall of shite that is the last 3-4 years.

Brilliant.

I like this post. I have decided to myself. And I think most of it is fairly accurate, or at least how things should play out, even to the point where you talk about the happy-clappers becoming upset if Kelly is kicked out.

Kelly hasn't been a great manager in all honesty, I don't think anybody can argue with that.

Brilliant.

I like this post. I have decided to myself. And I think most of it is fairly accurate, or at least how things should play out, even to the point where you talk about the happy-clappers becoming upset if Kelly is kicked out.

Kelly hasn't been a great manager in all honesty, I don't think anybody can argue with that.

I don't think you can really say he's been bad though, either. Maybe you can, I dunno, it's just not my opinion. Changing manager isn't some magic cure-all. Way too much emphasis is put on that and every club thinks the right manager is all that's needed to take them forward.

Doing an unoutstanding job is no reason to be sacked, not so soon. Unless he'd spent millions and gone no-where. But he hasn't.

I don't think you can really say he's been bad though, either. Maybe you can, I dunno, it's just not my opinion. Changing manager isn't some magic cure-all. Way too much emphasis is put on that and every club thinks the right manager is all that's needed to take them forward.

Doing an unoutstanding job is no reason to be sacked, not so soon. Unless he'd spent millions and go no-where. But he hasn't.

I can say he's been bad. His team selections at times have been extremely uninspiring. His tactics are more often than not as negative as you could get in football and he only seems to get the lads picking up results on a consistent when (as I have said before...) we are looking at relegation as a real possibility. I think the stats would back me up there. Or as a little reminder:

Towards the end of last season when he took over

October this season

This little run now

All 3 of these times have a few things in common. We were nearly buried. We showed playoff chasing form. We picked up results on a consistent basis and scored more goals than at any other time in doing so. In the top 2 however, we took our foot off the gas as we looked safe, and then didn't pick up the results. Didn't perform. Struggled to score. I can see that happening again.

Sure, he hasn't spent millions and got nowhere. He hasn't been able to. I hope the money can save him. Because I'm not happy with watching us play like a football team when we're fighting relegation every season. It just doesn't appeal to me.

I can say he's been bad. His team selections at times have been extremely uninspiring. His tactics are more often than not as negative as you could get in football and he only seems to get the lads picking up results on a consistent when (as I have said before...) we are looking at relegation as a real possibility. I think the stats would back me up there. Or as a little reminder:

Towards the end of last season when he took over

October this season

This little run now

All 3 of these times have a few things in common. We were nearly buried. We showed playoff chasing form. We picked up results on a consistent basis and scored more goals than at any other time in doing so. In the top 2 however, we took our foot off the gas as we looked safe, and then didn't pick up the results. Didn't perform. Struggled to score. I can see that happening again.

Sure, he hasn't spent millions and got nowhere. He hasn't been able to. I hope the money can save him. Because I'm not happy with watching us play like a football team when we're fighting relegation every season. It just doesn't appeal to me.

I'd find it difficult to call him a "bad" manager, not good enough maybe but bad? OTT. He saved us last season, and we're 13th in the Championship and I'd of taken 14th at the start of the season. You'll get bizzare decisions with every manager.

Kelly hasn't exactly been brilliant over the course of this season for us, and two good runs thus far have spared his blushes and helped to cover up the problems so evident for much of the campaign. Were it not for the two quality runs of form in two unbeaten months when staring relegation in the face, we'd have been dead and buried by now. If we'd have been able to achieve this form without first having to stare relegation in the face, and be consistent with it, who's to say that we wouldn't be chasing the playoffs?

I've said it before and I'll say it again - it appears to me that Kelly only gets us playing football and picking up results when relegation is a real and daunting possibility for us. Now, if that's the sort of thing that makes you happy, then I feel sorry for you. Because as a fan who wants to see my club do well, I am not at all impressed with it. And I'm sure with Milan, wanting to get us back into the Premiership within 3 years, will not be happy if this is how Kelly continues in the future.

It's no different than having those wins or losses spread out over the season. Irrespective of when and where those wins have come from, it still amounts to the same amount of points. Would you be saying the same thing if the sequence of the season had followed this pattern; Win/Draw/Lose

I suspect not.

I think the competitive nature of this division explains the distorted form - you only have to look at how close the top 8 are to each other. Without having to refer to cliches (sod it, can't be arsed) any team can beat another on their day, more so than in any other division.

Regarding us, we're generally a tight team that rarely gets outplayed - or outplays the opposition. Kelly has much to do with that, particularly with his ambition of 'just wanting to be competitive'. Yes, we are hard to play against, but at what cost? To be fair to him, I think he's evolved from the start of the season where having Maybury and Tiatto on the flanks was the extent of his attacking intent.

I can't think of anyone at this time who is available that would be able to do a better job. Now that is not saying Kelly is the right man for the job, but what's the point in appointing a failed manager elsewhere with a poorer record, or a relatively unproven manager, such as Ince?

Doing an unoutstanding job is no reason to be sacked, not so soon. Unless he'd spent millions and gone no-where. But he hasn't.

That much I'll give you, he's actually been f'cking shite.

The fact that even by Christmas we were still the unfittest team in the league is testament to how bad he is.

I'd find it difficult to call him a "bad" manager, not good enough maybe but bad? OTT. He saved us last season, and we're 13th in the Championship and I'd of taken 14th at the start of the season. You'll get bizzare decisions with every manager.

Hmm maybe I'm a little bit unfair in calling him bad, for the reasons you have outlined in the quoted post.

Though I'm sure you won't disagree that he isn't good enough? Based on general performances, decisions and consistency? Oh wait, this is you we're talking about. Disagreement is always likely! :P

Honestly though, if Kelly feels we're safe in 2 or 3 games time, and the foot comes off the gas, we probably won't be drawn completely back into the relegation mess, but we'll all start getting a little bit agitated and uncomfortable with form and league position again. I just think that the two unbeaten runs this season have acted as a distraction of attention from the utter shite we have been treated to.

I can't think of anyone at this time who is available that would be able to do a better job. Now that is not saying Kelly is the right man for the job, but what's the point in appointing a failed manager elsewhere with a poorer record, or a relatively unproven manager, such as Ince?

There is no need to get some duffer off the scrap heap now, we are in a situation where we can pay compensation to a Club. It's all gravy :thumbup:

There is no need to get some duffer off the scrap heap now, we are in a situation where we can pay compensation to a Club. It's all gravy :thumbup:

Available as in who would actually want to manage this club and take us forward.

Archived