Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milky

Training match V Notts County

Shame that goal scoreing machine Louis Dodds is up in Rochdale. How's he getting on I wonder lol:whistle:

You needn't worry about Dodds. If someone gives him a proper chance - an afterthought 15 minutes out of a possible 180 he's had at Rochdale so far - then he'll score goals.

None of your scepticism will dim my faith in the guy because I've seen the range of goals he scores and how regularly he scores them.

As for the mention of Billy McKay elsewhere he's a forever dangerous player but, like so many others, he'll have to fight the braun-is-best merchants.

Slow and cumbersome though Horsfield is he's got an instant following at City despite the fact that apart from his two goals against Coventry he's had little real impact, has the deft touch of a concrete bollard and has shown nothing that is likely to trouble a competent and mobile defender except the odd backhand smash.

McKay is quick, elusive, skillful and direct - a headache for even the swiftest defenders. But whether that will ever beat brute strength and experience in City eyes is another question altogether.

Just because I prefer the Arsenal way of fast-passing and ball-to-feet doesn't mean there's any signs of anyone at Leicester thinking similarly.

McKay is at least a League Two player then. :thumbup:

Baffled that Rab got game time when we clearly have no intention of playing him at all... surely we'd be better served using Logan in the training matches to keep him reasonably ready, just in case Henderson gets crocked? :dunno:

Good to see Kenton and Stearman getting a game... at least they won't be totally unfit for the weekend, when we need them. :whistle:

You needn't worry about Dodds. If someone gives him a proper chance - an afterthought 15 minutes out of a possible 180 he's had at Rochdale so far - then he'll score goals.

None of your scepticism will dim my faith in the guy because I've seen the range of goals he scores and how regularly he scores them.

As for the mention of Billy McKay elsewhere he's a forever dangerous player but, like so many others, he'll have to fight the braun-is-best merchants.

Slow and cumbersome though Horsfield is he's got an instant following at City despite the fact that apart from his two goals against Coventry he's had little real impact, has the deft touch of a concrete bollard and has shown nothing that is likely to trouble a competent and mobile defender except the odd backhand smash.

McKay is quick, elusive, skillful and direct - a headache for even the swiftest defenders. But whether that will ever beat brute strength and experience in City eyes is another question altogether.

Just because I prefer the Arsenal way of fast-passing and ball-to-feet doesn't mean there's any signs of anyone at Leicester thinking similarly.

You really do talk a load of rubbish....

The one good aspect of Horsfields game is how well he receives the ball under pressure, and how well he plays with his back to goal..... He has already proven this in the games he's played.

You just post to get a reaction. You make ridiculous points about the Leicester youngsters.

The bottom line of the whole issue is if the youngsters were good enough to play then they would be.

You really do talk a load of rubbish....

The one good aspect of Horsfields game is how well he receives the ball under pressure, and how well he plays with his back to goal..... He has already proven this in the games he's played.

You just post to get a reaction. You make ridiculous points about the Leicester youngsters.

The bottom line of the whole issue is if the youngsters were good enough to play then they would be.

If that's all you expect from a centre-forward I can see why you you won't be unhappy.

What we actually need is someone who's turns on a sixpence and is sharp enough to take a chance when its offered, who has the control to set up others and has the pace to get away from defenders.

It is some seasons since Horsfield was a regular scorer, and he's rarely been prolific. I can't see that changing now.

You charge me with talking rubbish and you mention people being "good enough".

Apart from a solitary goal on January 13, Iain Hume's previous goal was on November 18 - that's two goals in his last 18 League appearances.

Matt Fryatt has scored three times in 17 League and Cup appearances all season.

Horsfield has scored in one of his five matches.

Hammond has scored 5 in 17.

So what I'd like to know is exactly what you call "good enough".

The fact that we are where we are in the League and have underperformed for so much of this season is simple. Because our strikers - and their supporting midfield players - haven't been good enough by a long way.

And if they had been we'd have been competing at the top end of the table instead of chugging away in the middle with a pitiful 37 goals from 34 League matches.

If that's all you expect from a centre-forward yiou won't be unhappy.

I want someone who's turns on a sixpence and is sharp enough to take a chance when its offered, has the control to set up others and has the pace to get away from defenders.

It is some seasons since Horsfield was a regular scorer, and he's rarely been prolific. I can't see that changing now.

He's played well since he's been here and we've had a change in fortune and it's parly down to him, much as I hate to admit I was very sceptical when he first arrived.

If that's all you expect from a centre-forward yiou won't be unhappy.

I want someone who's turns on a sixpence and is sharp enough to take a chance when its offered, has the control to set up others and has the pace to get away from defenders.

Thats not the point. I want Wayne Rooney playing in a free role behind Henry and Ronaldinho, but its not going to happen. It doesn't matter what you want, or what you expect. The fact of the matter is we're stuck with the players we've got, and i think that Horsfield has been a success since he's arrived.

Thats not the point. I want Wayne Rooney playing in a free role behind Henry and Ronaldinho, but its not going to happen. It doesn't matter what you want, or what you expect. The fact of the matter is we're stuck with the players we've got, and i think that Horsfield has been a success since he's arrived.

Mention of Rooney, Henry etc is just a sidestep.

We've had plenty of good centre-forwards in our history who did exactly the things I've talked about, both in the top division and the one below . Why should we put up with such poor returns now?

This is not just about Horsfield but I would just like to know how you say these people are "good enough" looking at the statistics, yet be so bloody certain that someone else isn't.

All that counts with a centre-forward is not how well he holds the ball up, not how clever his skills are, not how electrifying his pace...

The only thing that really counts is how often he scores.

Anything on top is a bonus.

When most teams in the top six have amassed over 50 goals and we're on 37 our major problem shows up in technicolour.

Mention of Rooney, Henry etc is just a sidestep.

We've had plenty of good centre-forwards in our history who did exactly the things I've talked about, both in the top division and the one below . Why should we put up with such poor returns now?

This is not just about Horsfield but I would just like to know how you say these people are "good enough" looking at the statistics, yet be so bloody certain that someone else isn't.

All that counts with a centre-forward is not how well he holds the ball up, not how clever his skills are, not how electrifying his pace...

The only thing that really counts is how often he scores.

Anything on top is a bonus.

When most teams in the top six have amassed over 50 goals and we're on 37 our major problem shows up in technicolour.

Well going off Championship statistics Hume is our best striker and going off youth/reserve statistics Fryatt is so I guess thats setteld then.

Well going off Championship statistics Hume is our best striker and going off youth/reserve statistics Fryatt is so I guess thats setteld then.

:D:D:D

I suppose it depends how far you want to consider the statistics as being relevent.

However I wonder, if you were a manager, how long you'd put up with a centre-forwards scoring so infrequently. :whistle:

Archived