Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Is it all down to Milan

It had a little to do with it but dont forget that the loan signings that RK made helped us beat Ipswich away for the first time in a million years without MM. We also have been 4 unbeaten in August, 7 unbeaten in Sept/Oct and 4 unbeaten in December. This current run isnt that much better than we have done in the past, the test is whether we can for once sustain it or even hit back immediately after a defeat.

The reason why MM shouldnt get all the plaudits is that we should give the pats on the back to those who have been in it from the get go. Despite me wanting a higher profile manager in place at City for the summer, I`d still want to say well done to RK and his staff for what they have done on the training pitch and with the loan signings, two things that MM has nothing to do with.

All that re doubling had to pay off eventully I suppose.

All that re doubling had to pay off eventully I suppose.

I see RK is still moaning at how hard it is to try and bring in new players and that he is trying harder and harder. If only he re-doubled his efforts I think we could end up with some quality, like Spencor Prior and COG back. :whistle::unsure:

It had a little to do with it but dont forget that the loan signings that RK made helped us beat Ipswich away for the first time in a million years without MM. We also have been 4 unbeaten in August, 7 unbeaten in Sept/Oct and 4 unbeaten in December. This current run isnt that much better than we have done in the past, the test is whether we can for once sustain it or even hit back immediately after a defeat.

The reason why MM shouldnt get all the plaudits is that we should give the pats on the back to those who have been in it from the get go. Despite me wanting a higher profile manager in place at City for the summer, I`d still want to say well done to RK and his staff for what they have done on the training pitch and with the loan signings, two things that MM has nothing to do with.

I don't think this thread is aimed at handing out plaudits, just finding out what people think is the reason for our upturn in form. My personal opinion is that we're riding on a wave of euphoria/relief and that very soon we will resort to our old ways.

I don't think this thread is aimed at handing out plaudits, just finding out what people think is the reason for our upturn in form. My personal opinion is that we're riding on a wave of euphoria/relief and that very soon we will resort to our old ways.

Even this team that we have at the moment, which IMO is poor, can produce good results. We have just got to hope that the hierachy at the club recognise that this isnt the soloution for next season and make the wholesale changes that are required to compete next season.

We had a good run last season toward the end of the season and it covered some of the cracks for the following season. Thankfully MM is here and that will make the manager, whoever it is, make the right noises in the transfer market.

Remember that next season we will be playing some decent clubs that stay down in this division who have been investing for months (the top 8 cant all go up!) and the likes of Watford, Charlton and worse still, West Ham should be coming down to add to the divisions strength.

Even this team that we have at the moment, which IMO is poor, can produce good results. We have just got to hope that the hierachy at the club recognise that this isnt the soloution for next season and make the wholesale changes that are required to compete next season.

We had a good run last season toward the end of the season and it covered some of the cracks for the following season. Thankfully MM is here and that will make the manager, whoever it is, make the right noises in the transfer market.

Remember that next season we will be playing some decent clubs that stay down in this division who have been investing for months (the top 8 cant all go up!) and the likes of Watford, Charlton and worse still, West Ham should be coming down to add to the divisions strength.

Even more reason to be realistic about our management and coaching requirements. :thumbup:

I`ve mentioned this a couple of times in other threads, a few of you are spot on, we were 4pts from a play off place and playing well, the MM saga had a very unsettling effect on the WHOLE playing / football administration side of the club, once that was sorted (and so quick !!!) the form and results improved, there is also a great deal of clap trap in this thread non more so than Filbert Ross, loosing our best player, the ONLY one that attracted premiership interest, was a blow, a confident GW in a team playing well is a match winner !

I`ve mentioned this a couple of times in other threads, a few of you are spot on, we were 4pts from a play off place and playing well, the MM saga had a very unsettling effect on the WHOLE playing / football administration side of the club, once that was sorted (and so quick !!!) the form and results improved, there is also a great deal of clap trap in this thread non more so than Filbert Ross, loosing our best player, the ONLY one that attracted premiership interest, was a blow, a confident GW in a team playing well is a match winner !

Its so rarely the case that he is confident, or as i like to put it, in the mood that we really can't afford people like that.

Kinsnorbo is our best player, Williams wasnt even our 2nd best player. we're really missing him arnt we?!

'loosing our best player, the ONLY one that attracted premiership interest, was a blow' no it wasnt.

No way.

I don't remember one game when Williams could have been called a match winner.

The whole 'he's got the best technique/passing/vision never washed with me.

In the main his distribution was too slow, too flowery and he hadn't got the drive to follow up the moves he initiated. He created surprisingly few goals and didn't score very often either. Flattered to deceive mostly.

The only thing in his defence was that he rarely played in an attacking side at Leicester.

We did attack the cup game against Macclesfield when I thought City played some promising football but, as Manwell would doubtless remind me, Macclesfield were hardly breathtaking opposition - and even more so at that time than now.

Kinsnorbo is our best player, Williams wasnt even our 2nd best player. we're really missing him arnt we?!

'loosing our best player, the ONLY one that attracted premiership interest, was a blow' no it wasnt.

Indeed, and this "Premiership interest" doesn't seem to of lasted to long as he hasn't appeared for Watford for weeks, dunno if he's injured or not.

Indeed, and this "Premiership interest" doesn't seem to of lasted to long as he hasn't appeared for Watford for weeks, dunno if he's injured or not.

That was another point of course, he was forever injured. And while I'm sympathetic - at least I'm working on it - injured players are no bloody use to anyone.

Is`nt this just the very best thing about being a Football fan ? I just love how you can get together with a cross section of our great supporters and all have different opinions, I often meet up with a few friends after a match and we give our thoughts on the action we have just watched, and you know what, we hardly ever agree on anything !! "Hughes was superb today" really "I thought he was crap" "I thought we passed the ball about really well" "your joking, we were slow, and hoofed it" "we ought to stick with Rob he`s doing a great job" "you`re kidding, he`s tacticly awful and we should sack him now" it`s just the same on here I read posts from some of you and think, What is this idiot on !! others I think, he really know`s his stuff, one thing we ALL share though is the love of LCFC, we just show it in different way`s and long may it continue !!

Is`nt this just the very best thing about being a Football fan ? I just love how you can get together with a cross section of our great supporters and all have different opinions, I often meet up with a few friends after a match and we give our thoughts on the action we have just watched, and you know what, we hardly ever agree on anything !! "Hughes was superb today" really "I thought he was crap" "I thought we passed the ball about really well" "your joking, we were slow, and hoofed it" "we ought to stick with Rob he`s doing a great job" "you`re kidding, he`s tacticly awful and we should sack him now" it`s just the same on here I read posts from some of you and think, What is this idiot on !! others I think, he really know`s his stuff, one thing we ALL share though is the love of LCFC, we just show it in different way`s and long may it continue !!

Nah the best thing being a football fan is being able to shout abuse at someone on a football pitch and not get arrested! :D:P

Archived