Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Is it all down to Milan

Bill Anderson suggests today on This is Leicestershire that MM has been the catalyst for our recent success when he says: "Can one man make such a difference? Well, from Leicester City's upsurge in fortunes, that would certainly seem to be the case. The man in question is, of course, Milan Mandaric."

But do the facts really suggest he's right.

He's been a factor, I don't doubt, in that players will have known for some time that their futures could be under threat if the club now has the means to sign options. But I don't think they were ever "not trying" in the first place.

The arrival of fresh loanees also added to the focus and the options at Kelly's disposal.

But to someone suggest Milan has somehow waved a magic wand is highly questionable.

a) We had a good month long run of results earlier in the season, well before Mandaric was a factor.

b) A clearing injury list would have helped.

c) Kelly's tactical signature seemed apparent with every result. I've complained that it isn't pretty and is not taking us forward but they were his tactics from way back and they've worked (points wise) whatever else one might think.

d) Crucial saves by Paul Henderson didn't go amiss.

e) Assists by Porter were a big factor.

f) McAuley's goals were vital.

g) People being returned to their proper positions has helped.

h) Being bloody lucky at Burnley was a bonus.

And how many more facts can be mentioned that had sweet sod all to do with Mandaric.

I'm not always a fan of Kelly's tactics but I'm damned if I'll stand by while someone else is given credit for his and his players statistical achievements.

As I say MM has played a part in providing focus and possibly an air of optimism. But take out the things mentioned above and we'd probably have had our points haul halved, MM or no MM.

Bill Anderson suggests today on This is Leicestershire that MM has been the catalyst for our recent success.

He's been a factor, I don't doubt, in that players will have known for some time that their futures could be under threat if the club now has the means to sign options. But I don't think they were ever "not trying" in the first place.

The arrival of fresh loanees also added to the focus and the options at Kelly's disposal.

But to someone suggest Milan has somehow waved a magic wand is highly questionable.

a) We had a good month long run of results earlier in the season, well before Mandaric was a factor.

c) Kelly's tactical signature seemed apparent with every result. I've complained that it isn't pretty and is not taking us forward but they were his tactics from way back and they've worked (points wise) whatever else one might think.

And how many more facts can be mentioned that had sweet sod all to do with Mandaric.

I'm not always a fan of Kelly's tactics but I'm damned if I'll stand by while someone else is given credit for his and his players statistical achievements.

As I say MM has played a part in providing focus and possibly an air of optimism. But take out the things mentioned above and we'd probably have had our points haul halved, MM or no MM.

Anderson is wedged firmly up Mandarics back side, I wouldn't expect that to change until Mandaric leaves the club.

Expect article after article about the great man.

Bill Anderson suggests today on This is Leicestershire that MM has been the catalyst for our recent success when he says: "Can one man make such a difference? Well, from Leicester City's upsurge in fortunes, that would certainly seem to be the case. The man in question is, of course, Milan Mandaric."

I think MM coming has given the club a buzz, which has delivered increased attendance, better atmosphere and a little more passion in the players. Also Kelly had to be worried he would be straight out the door, and that doesn't help your performance one bit. The fact that Milan seems to have given him support until the end of the season at least may be a key reason.

Is it all Milan? No. Is he one of the factors? Without doubt. Manwell is right though, expect more of this toss from the Mockery. :cry:

I would think that the optimism and noise generated from the crowd has had some effect.

I would think that the optimism and noise generated from the crowd has had some effect.

Couldn't agree more - there's been a noted improvement not just in respect of the Ultras, though that has been extraordinary and had nothing to do with MM - but also the added decibels which tend to come from good results and the consequential bigger crowds.

Couldn't agree more - there's been a noted improvement not just in respect of the Ultras, though that has been extraordinary and had nothing to do with MM - but also the added decibels which tend to come from good results and the consequential bigger crowds.

I think the simple answer is, no its not all down to Milan, but his arrival has started a chain of events/changes in attitudes, which have equally been responsible for our upturn in form.

One thing i would like to point out though is, although our form has been good since MM arrival, i still don't think our performances are anywhere neear up to scratch. If we are to leave this division in the right direction next season, this is one thing that muct drastically improve.

I think it was good timing personally. Got the win at Ipswich, Mandaric came in, boost for the players, big crowd came to the Cov game, boost for the players, got the win against Coventry, boost for the players. Loans came in, players started playing in the right position, all boosts. It translates into confidence and skill as well as luck tends to benefit as a result of increased confidence.

It realy does just show what the players could have done this season, Mandaric has been a big influence to show what the players can do, i dont think mandaric will want players that cant play well to play for his club, so there all trying to show what they can actualy do resulting in better perfromances. My opinion anyway.

I would agree wholeheartedly that it is down to Mandaric.

After the shambolic debacle that was Sheffield Wednesday at home, which he witnessed, the players pulled their fingers out against Wolves. Then when it is known that he is nailed on to come in they pick up again, no coincidence, even if Porter did provide all the assists in the world (you can't help it Thracian :laugh:).

I thought the exact same when I read that article.

The only way I'd accept Mandaric could have had such an effect is that its refocused the club on its football after all people were talking about was Milan, in which case the dip in form was his and the board's fault anyway.

But this form is nothing different from our last patch of form. The good month/bad month pattern has been going on all season. It's all textbook Kelly - consistant team selection, conceding little, nicking the odd goal here and there.

But still, if Bill licks Milan's hairy, saggy arse hard enough, perhaps he'll give them regular juicy interviews!

I would agree wholeheartedly that it is down to Mandaric.

After the shambolic debacle that was Sheffield Wednesday at home, which he witnessed, the players pulled their fingers out against Wolves. Then when it is known that he is nailed on to come in they pick up again, no coincidence, even if Porter did provide all the assists in the world (you can't help it Thracian :laugh:).

Now why did I think you'd think that? :D

Admit it Barton you don't really want Kelly to succeed because you think he's a lousy manager and therefore the sooner he's gone the better.

I have long shared many of your concerns but in no way do I want Kelly to fail.

All I want is someone to re-introduce positive, attacking football at Leicester City and to give us the chance to regain our former glory. I don't really give a shit who does it and if Kelly somehow manages to see the light I don't care if it's him.

Of course Kelly will never be the dynamic communicator I think we could also do with but that's good for Mandaric.

t saves anyone stepping on his shoes because he loves the limelight and why not?. If he wants to be larger than life and Kelly prefers being the quiet man it won't be the first time opposites have interacted and done okay.

Its Certainly the Milanium

Players knew that Milan would be looking for new players for when he came in, and now know that their place could be up for grabs, they've up their performances.

This certainly is getting the faithful foxes fans talking!! :cool::smile:

It realy does just show what the players could have done this season, Mandaric has been a big influence to show what the players can do, i dont think mandaric will want players that cant play well to play for his club, so there all trying to show what they can actualy do resulting in better perfromances. My opinion anyway.

I fully agree with what you say,but if the players are now putting in the effort they are capable of to keep their places then they don't belong in a Leicester shirt IMO as it's logical that they could'nt have been giving 100% before and I'm not interested in reason or excuses for that :mad:

I fully agree with what you say,but if the players are now putting in the effort they are capable of to keep their places then they don't belong in a Leicester shirt IMO as it's logical that they could'nt have been giving 100% before and I'm not interested in reason or excuses for that :mad:

Agree, and if we can see that as a possibility I'm sure MM can, so their careers at LCFC are buggered whichever way you look at it.

:D:D:D:D:D

Admit it Barton you don't really want Kelly to succeed because you think he's a lousy manager and therefore the sooner he's gone the better.

I don't want Kelly to fail as such, more I know, and so do most people who have the balls to admit it, that he won't make it. He is a dreadful manager in every sense and easily the worst we have had since Pleat. Even Levein had a plan and a vision, one we all bought in to I hasten to add, but it never panned out.

All I want is someone to re-introduce positive, attacking football at Leicester City and to give us the chance to regain our former glory. I don't really give a shit who does it and if Kelly somehow manages to see the light I don't care if it's him.

We all want the same thing, although I will be happy with a team who show a 10th of the wit and guile illusrated by the Arsenal Carling Cup teams; you perhaps want the full 100% :D:dunno::whistle:

Nothing Kelly has done as manager or assistant has shown that we are ever going to see that with him. The points are great of late but the performances no better than muck.

Of course Kelly will never be the dynamic communicator I think we could also do with but that's good for Mandaric.

It saves anyone stepping on his shoes because he loves the limelight and why not?. If he wants to be larger than life and Kelly prefers being the quiet man it won't be the first time opposites have interacted and done okay.

I see what you are saying but he loves a soundbyte guy, someone he can play off with the press and get the limelight you state. He has invested the best part of f'ck all and stands to gain millions, he isn't going to let Kelly be the man to get him there.

Is this a new battle - Thracian V Anderson following the recent tradition of Trust vs Mercury?

Long may the battles continue, never understood why BA was believed about the takeover after all the years we have known his match reports are not fit for purpose

Mate of Bill's are you Barton?

I have no doubt that kelly has been told we need a higher points average per game and to stop been happy with draws but to play more attack minded, kelly said himself hes been told if he wins his job is safe for a week meaning he now needs to be on his toes all the time. Under the old regime he could get away with avoiding relegation, if we in this league position this time next year milan would be far from satisfied.

The players will also be a bit more upbeat knowing the club now has ambition and some players who thought there place in the team is garuanteed will probably be thinking they need to up their game to keep their position with the club now having money to spend.

t saves anyone stepping on his shoes because he loves the limelight and why not?. If he wants to be larger than life and Kelly prefers being the quiet man it won't be the first time opposites have interacted and done okay.

I have to say, I do not want Kelly to succeed in some ways, because i know he will fail eventually. Basically if he does well between now and the close of the season, I'm worried we have to put up with this dross for another season. Even if MM sacks him in say September it'd take until January before another manager could stamp his authority on the team. New season and i want a new manager.

Its not all down to Milan because our results this season prove that we are hit and miss. Before MM came we have been on a great run and a couple of stinkers. If we continue in this form until the end of the season I`d say then, yes, it was the MM factor.

The fact is the Championship is a division where anyone can beat anyone and the table proves this. The MM factor wont be highlighted for me until next season because if we go in to that with anymore than 50% of the current squad we have, we will be as good as fooked again. We need an overhaul and quality players in and thats where MM can make a difference. Dig deep MM!!

Its not all down to Milan because our results this season prove that we are hit and miss. Before MM came we have been on a great run and a couple of stinkers. If we continue in this form until the end of the season I`d say then, yes, it was the MM factor.

The fact is the Championship is a division where anyone can beat anyone and the table proves this. The MM factor wont be highlighted for me until next season because if we go in to that with anymore than 50% of the current squad we have, we will be as good as fooked again. We need an overhaul and quality players in and thats where MM can make a difference. Dig deep MM!!

So you think its a coincidence that this run started at the same time the MM deal was announced?

So you think its a coincidence that this run started at the same time the MM deal was announced?

It had a little to do with it but dont forget that the loan signings that RK made helped us beat Ipswich away for the first time in a million years without MM. We also have been 4 unbeaten in August, 7 unbeaten in Sept/Oct and 4 unbeaten in December. This current run isnt that much better than we have done in the past, the test is whether we can for once sustain it or even hit back immediately after a defeat.

The reason why MM shouldnt get all the plaudits is that we should give the pats on the back to those who have been in it from the get go. Despite me wanting a higher profile manager in place at City for the summer, I`d still want to say well done to RK and his staff for what they have done on the training pitch and with the loan signings, two things that MM has nothing to do with.

Archived