Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Southend Post Match Comments

I'm shocked that some people are unhappy with taking a point.

Fine - we conceded in the last minute again. Teams like Southend have passionate fans and make lots of noise. They got behind their team for the full ninety minutes and in the end it payed off.

They need to hit form immediately with the situation they find themselves in, so they will try 110%, and this game was no difference.

Good point for us.

Well that wasn't a bad day out at all to be fair. Coach journey there and back was a right laugh, got served in the pub (though I only got to drink two of the four beers I brought myself because of people stealing them!), atmosphere in the ground was top-notch throughout, especially when me and ld3 were starting songs in the first half!!

Met a couple of new FoxesTalk members including the Legend that is davieG in the pub. :thumbup::worship:

Southend were well worth a point today I thought. Sure both teams had chances, but it was a fairly even game. Campbell-Ryce wasn't nearly as effective as I thought he'd be and Gypsy was kept fairly quiet as well. Their goals both came from bad defending on our part, and although I'm relatively pissed off, I can half excuse their second because the lads' concentration must have wavered what with Maybury being stretchered off moments prior to it.

Oh, and the food was actually fairly decent in their ground, not like ours!!

Swollen hands but it was all worth it.

Enjoyable day out.

Ahhhhh and I almost forgot to add - we've taken a point on a ground that Manchester United have been beaten on this season, so it can't be that bad surely?!? :P

You're spot on. We did exactly what we did against Luton, scored an earlyish goal and then became much less expansive and much more restrained as a unit.

And when we took the lead a second time, Kelly started playing silly buggers with the team in trying to play the game out by making substitutions which had no obvious point and which didn't have any positive effect at all. Will he ever learn that it doesn't work and disrupts our own rhythm as well as the rhythm of the game.

He made two changes in the defence instead of the one necessary with the result that we not only conceded two goals for the first time in six games but might have conceded at least four and we lost Maybury who looked thoroughly uncomfortable in his unfamiliar position.

At no time once we'd gone ahead did we wholeheartedly press the game or try to keep the ball on the ground and that was near criminal when 2-1 ahead and Southend down to 10 men.

Our pitiful negatively, our refusal to commit players in support of attacks invited Southend to take the initiative and it was no surprise they took advantage.

Result? Two points blatantly thrown away.

Our central midfield was totally anonymous and worse than I've ever seen before from any Leicester team in 50 years . If our water came as reliably as our attackers received passes from central midfield we'd all be parched.

What the hell was Hughes doing on the right wing again? We get three wins in a decent run but then the two games he plays in we draw and no wonder. It would be quite possible to draw all our matches with Hughes on the right wing.

Why Kelly took Levi off instead of demanding he get some ball supply I've no idea and why play Yeates on the left instead of attacking down both flanks with players in their proper positions? Yeates looked lost on the left and had one, just one, half decent run. His ball control and decision making were awful.

Deserved to win? At times Southend passed us to death in midfield and up front and we avoided conceding four only by the grace of two more absolutely outstanding saves from Henderson.

"Feed the Clothes Horse", so named because he's static and the ball bounces of him in random directions, was totally and utterly ineffective, even failing to score with the goal gaping from three yards. Yes the goalkeeper did marvellously but was that really excuse enough?

For me the only genuine positives from Leicester's point of view was a brilliant return to scoring form from two goal Hume who so nearly had a hat-trick; another assist from Porter and so much positive play first 20 minutes before he was inexplicably starved of the ball by suddenly shabby support play; another vital assist from Hammond, the man they love to hate, a superlative display (distribution apart) from Henderson and the vital clearance of Stearman first half and his continually enthusiastic efforts to support the attack.

As for Southend - I simply wished we had Freddy Eastwood and Campbell-Ryce in our side. Such positive and threatening players.

At last someone talking sense- i dont care if the results have no meaning now, i just want to see my team finish as high up as they can, for pride and to show Kelly that they can do it next season

I find it embarassing that a club of this stature is regularly finishing 15th or lower in a rubbish league

Unfortunately for the players, his questionable tactics mean the chances are they wont be given a chance- due to being played out of position, trying to defend when we cant, etc, etc...

At last someone talking sense- i dont care if the results have no meaning now, i just want to see my team finish as high up as they can, for pride and to show Kelly that they can do it next season

I find it embarassing that a club of this stature is regularly finishing 15th or lower in a rubbish league

Unfortunately for the players, his questionable tactics mean the chances are they wont be given a chance- due to being played out of position, trying to defend when we cant, etc, etc...

Yeah, i'd like to see some foriegner look at the table and think

Leicester are 11th - maybe they're not a bad side

It's about pride now.

I'm shocked that some people are unhappy with taking a point.

Fine - we conceded in the last minute again. Teams like Southend have passionate fans and make lots of noise. They got behind their team for the full ninety minutes and in the end it payed off.

They need to hit form immediately with the situation they find themselves in, so they will try 110%, and this game was no difference.

Good point for us.

:unsure: no chance we outsang them from start to finish, they made a small amout of noise for about a miute after each equaliser which we soon drowned out.

If they are passionate and noisy fans then we're the best in the country!

Their fans were pathetic.

Indeed they were. Rarely made a noise, and the noise they did make subsided within a matter of seconds. We completely outsung them all game.

Just a shame the lads on the pitch couldn't match the enthusiasm in the stands.

Good day out :thumbup:

Headache, owch.

We weren't too bothered it was a draw, we've settled for mid-table.

And Jamie it was your own fault your hands are swollen!

My own fault?? Jesus if I didn't bang the metal then some of the songs wouldn't have got off the ground! Regret it a bit now but oh well I'll live!! Cheers for being so concerned though! :o

The wheels on your house go round and round...

:laugh:

That made me laugh quite a lot first time it got sang earlier, I quite liked it though in all honesty. Eastwood came in for quite a bit of stick today and he wasn't really as effective as he has been at times this season.

It was an enjoyable day out today. Sun was shining, City supporters were in good voice and the atmosphere was much more relaxed than at the Cardiff away game a few weeks ago (my last away game). The difference between us and a top 6 team, amongst other things, is the lack of ability to handle pressure. To push on next season, results like this won't be acceptable and I think today will be noted by Milan Mandaric as a negative next to Kelly's name for next season. In the context of the here and now it's a decent point but looking towards next season, this kind of thing has to be banished because top teams keep playing 'til the three points are wrapped up.

A few of you managed to get a glimpse of the maybes today, hope you were impressed :ph34r:

Thracian believe it or not randomly came up to me and wils and asked were the away end was... :cool:

Wils is a rent boy chant ....lol

A few of you managed to get a glimpse of the maybes today, hope you were impressed :ph34r:

Thracian believe it or not randomly came up to me and wils and asked were the away end was... :cool:

I belive he was with Davie G too. I hope we didnt send you the wrong way? :unsure:

I wasnt impressed with the chant one bit.

I belive he was with Davie G too. I hope we didnt send you the wrong way? :unsure:

I wasnt impressed with the chant one bit.

lol but surely you were impressed by the maybes as you usually are.

Can't wait till next saturday mate should be quality. :whistle::thumbup:

Started off by somebody from FoxesTalk I believe. Second time in two Leicester games the said chant has been aimed at Wils. Surely he can't stay in the closet forever? :dunno:

Archived