Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Southend Post Match Comments

Whoa there Mystic Meg. We're away to a side furiously battling against the drop, with a team with little attacking quality. If we'd gone for it we could quite easily have lost.

True

But- we may have little attacking quality, but Southend have NO quality. Eastwood doesnt make a team

No wonder we are going nowhere with such optimistic fans like yourself. They are shite and whatever you say we are a much better side, whether theyre fighting the drop or not. We should have killed the game in the first half- or like i said previously not invite them onto us in the second half and then eventually killed it in the second.

And im sorry mate, with 11 men maybe they have half a chance but with 10, the game should of been dead as soon as we scored the second. Its just shocking

And im afraid Kellys decision to do this is totally undefendable.

disgraceful. our defending again seemed to be shocking.

i hope Kelly them do only running and defending in training next week

but then again we did go 3 games without conceding

I do think people are overreacting. I didn't listen to the game, but just got the Tony Cottee view from SSN. I'd have taken a draw before the game and despite the manner of conceding in the last minute, I still think it's a decent point. Teams who are fighting to stay up are very difficult to play against at this point in the season.

And I'd of course love us to be doing that, but I do think we've got a lot of work to do, and when we do go up, I'd like it to be as a Club with real strength, and thus have a chance of staying there for more than 9 months. Meaning I'd like to go up dominating the Champo as Reading and Wigan did in recent years, and that simply doesn't happen overnight

Agree totally. Although I think it is possible to create a stronger side than we have at the moment within a season (with Mandaric's millions) and be capable of holding our own in the Premiership. We have some potentially very good players and with the right structure at the club and some new signings we could be a good side.

What an absolutely ridiculous comment!...it's their job for crying out loud..aww he's been hurt lets stop playing..try telling Chelski that last week..behave!

Maybe this is just one reason why you are playing football in the Championship then...because it's as sure as shit a good reason why some other people shouldn't be :rolleyes:

I'm not saying they weren't at fault, because they were and I shouted pretty loudly at my speakers when the goal went in. Something along the lines of 'you twats!'. It's more an excuse than a reason, but they are human for gods sake. But still, be fair to Kelly, he spent ages with them in the break, but their minds obviously weren't on it. Not his fault they folded.

This is irony, right?

We've not lost, we had a man stretchered off and lost concentration. If my team-mate were taken off on a stretcher, I know my mind wouldn't be on the footy either.

that comment is worse than one i'd make lol

but at least i can say well done to Elvis :ph34r: his rubbish cross assisted Humey to get his 2nd goal lol

This is irony, right?

We've not lost, we had a man stretchered off and lost concentration. If my team-mate were taken off on a stretcher, I know my mind wouldn't be on the footy either.

Unprofessional. I'd sack ya. <_<

sounded like we were a bit unlucky to me. the strikers missed 3 gilt edged chances and they equalised when we were down to 10 men. don't think you can blame Kelly for that, but i'm sure some of you will.

sounded like we were a bit unlucky to me. the strikers missed 3 gilt edged chances and they equalised when we were down to 10 men. don't think you can blame Kelly for that, but i'm sure some of you will.

Dear God!!

Thats exactly the point. When were the gilt edged chances? What part of the game were these chances in? The first half!

So we should of carried on attacking in the second half, not defending the lead, and the chances are, we would of got some more chances which the strikers surely would of put away.

Even if they didnt put them away at least they tried to score instead of trying to defend (something that we've been unable to do for a number of years now).

You certainly cant score in your own half (cue someone to say Gudjonsson last year :rolleyes: ) so of course its Kellys fault.

They dont go that defensive of their own accord- and if they did he should of sorted it- thats what hes paid to do!

Dear God!!

Thats exactly the point. When were the gilt edged chances? What part of the game were these chances in? The first half!

So we should of carried on attacking in the second half, not defending the lead, and the chances are, we would of got some more chances which the strikers surely would of put away.

Even if they didnt put them away at least they tried to score instead of trying to defend (something that we've been unable to do for a number of years now).

You certainly cant score in your own half (cue someone to say Gudjonsson last year :rolleyes: ) so of course its Kellys fault.

They dont go that defensive of their own accord- and if they did he should of sorted it- thats what hes paid to do!

yeah if you like :rolleyes:

also did anyone here hear MM say after the match they still want to get 3 players in next week?

What a fooking disgrace, all these people coming out and blaming RK. How did he tell them to sit back - he threw two attacking players on, and Hume got the second with about 10 minutes to play.

The players lost the game today. They missed chances and then were not concentrating for Southend's equaliser.

What a fooking disgrace, all these people coming out and blaming RK. How did he tell them to sit back - he threw two attacking players on, and Hume got the second with about 10 minutes to play.

The players lost the game today. They missed chances and then were not concentrating for Southend's equaliser.

basicly today we didnt finish our chances and we got shot in the back for it! this happened alot last season i sure hope we dont go back to this! making chances and then missing them all scenario! one thing in football "if you dont finish your chances, then you will pay" also i think that stupid rule of play on b4 we can make sub is absolute crap, we conceded with ten men on the pitch and the man missing hapened to be a defender i dont think its a coincedance we conceded at that point. absolutly stupid rule. and no i dont blame this on RK lol weve gone 6 games unbeaten thats bloody good, championship form! but im sure the RK out threads will start again soon. lol

just got back from the game, after thinking long and hard i believe a draw is at least as what we should of got. Henderson made some superb saves but up the other end we had plenty of chances to extend our lead but we didn't, and always being one goal in front its always a threat. I thought ian hume was great today being in good positions but could of had more. When foran got sent off i thought their would be one winner and i kept saying to my mate we would win, the humey did the business again but it wasn't to be. Anyway i throughly enjoyed the day today and i thought it was a good game to watch.

basicly today we didnt finish our chances and we got shot in the back for it! this happened alot last season i sure hope we dont go back to this! making chances and then missing them all scenario! one thing in football "if you dont finish your chances, then you will pay" also i think that stupid rule of play on b4 we can make sub is absolute crap, we conceded with ten men on the pitch and the man missing hapened to be a defender i dont think its a coincedance we conceded at that point. absolutly stupid rule. and no i dont blame this on RK lol weve gone 6 games unbeaten thats bloody good, championship form! but im sure the RK out threads will start again soon. lol

I agree with you, but the reason we didn't make a sub is actually because we'd used all three of our subs :)

how often have we conceded a 90th+ min equaliser/winner??

too bloody often!! :angry:

I think when we reach the 90th min and were wining (or drawing against better teams) a few players switch off and think that we've got the points. that leaves the other players with twice as much work to do.

But I've noticed as well that when 75 mins approaches and were drawing/ loosing we will constantly push to get another goal and pin them in there half for the remainder of the game. that really annoys me.

Basically what i think it bottles down too is motivation and concentration which is what a manager should get his team to do. No offence meant to Kelly but im not sure how well he can do that! If i were manager and we were winning, loosening or drawing i would give them a rocket up the arse and tell them to keep going and get more goals.

Thats my opinion anyway

just found the match stats:

Southend Leicester

Goals : 2 2

Possession : 49% 51%

Shots On Target : 8 5

Shots Off Target : 5 4

Corners : 5 3

Fouls : 15 14

Most Fouls : Gower (3) Horsfield (2)

Yellow Cards : 2 2

Red Cards :

Foran 76

I came away disapointed today. We should have killed them off,always looked as if they could get back in the.Never comfortable at any stage in my opinion even when they went down to ten.

Why did Kelly decide to keep Hughes on and take Levi off?What exactly does Hughes offer.I know Elvis set up the goal but really he was pathetic today again.

yeah if you like :rolleyes:

also did anyone here hear MM say after the match they still want to get 3 players in next week?

Very well thought out arument there ffuter- some people on this forum never cease to amaze me. :yawn:

But alas, - what else could you have put- there is no argument

Archived