Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Southend Post Match Comments

I came away disapointed today. We should have killed them off,always looked as if they could get back in the.Never comfortable at any stage in my opinion even when they went down to ten.

Why did Kelly decide to keep Hughes on and take Levi off?What exactly does Hughes offer.I know Elvis set up the goal but really he was pathetic today again.

i thought it sounded like Levi had a great 1st half but wasn't get the service in the 2nd.

Hughes shouldnt of played imho if he had the flu and didn't train for most of the week, he should never of played, let alone travelled.

Very well thought out arument there ffuter- some people on this forum never cease to amaze me. :yawn:

But alas, - what else could you have put- there is no argument

your right Kelly told Hume to miss, he also ran on the pitch when no one was looking and kicked Maybury. :rolleyes:

i thought it sounded like Levi had a great 1st half but wasn't get the service in the 2nd.

Hughes shouldnt of played imho if he had the flu and didn't train for most of the week, he should never of played, let alone travelled.

He shouldnt play anyway.Yeates is much better player in that position,Hughes doesnt offer anything as a winger he has no pace what so ever and isnt much of a threat at all.

your right Kelly told Hume to miss, he also ran on the pitch when no one was looking and kicked Maybury. :rolleyes:

What are you on mate?

No he didnt tell Hume to miss- but he did tell the team to hang on for a 1-0 win in the 2nd half- a team just doesnt attack 1st half then stop 2nd- Kelly thought he'd try and hang on, or if we did concede, a point wouldnt be so bad

And that is not the type of manager who i want in charge of a team that is looking at promotion next season

What are you on mate?

No he didnt tell Hume to miss- but he did tell the team to hang on for a 1-0 win in the 2nd half- a team just doesnt attack 1st half then stop 2nd- Kelly thought he'd try and hang on, or if we did concede, a point wouldnt be so bad

And that is not the type of manager who i want in charge of a team that is looking at promotion next season

if hume missed 2 chances how were we hanging on?if you want top drawer, entertaining, world beating football every week you're supporting the wrong team. for teams like ours points are always more important than performances.

Just got back and I thought it was a very good day out, bit disappointend about their late equaliser but thats all.

Our support was billiant today imo.

I wouldnt blame anyone for the late goal, maybe if we were going for the play offs I would have cared more but we're not so I think we should all relax a bit more, I also thought a draw was about right on the balance of play. I have certainly seen worse teams than them this season and it was a good point dispite how the late goal might make people sitting at home feel.

Just got back and I thought it was a very good day out, bit disappointend about their late winner but thats all.

I wouldnt blame anyone for the late goal, maybe if we were going for the play offs I would have cared more but we're not so I think we should all relax a bit more, I also thought a draw was about right on the balance of play. I have certainly seen worse teams than them this season and it was a good point dispite how the late goal might make people sitting at home feel.

Absolutely spot on.

That was not a bad result today.

It's a shame for some of you that you can't see that.

Spot on Mr. Fez. Don't really know what some of this lot expect. They'd have taken this result six weeks ago.

if hume missed 2 chances how were we hanging on?if you want top drawer, entertaining, world beating football every week you're supporting the wrong team. for teams like ours points are always more important than performances.

He missed the chances in the 1st half- WHEN WE WERE ATTACKING!!!

I dont care about world class football- i just want a team that that can beat another team that is 2nd bottom of a piss poor league

Well, another good day out, met more people off FT which was good helping put names to faces and it wasn't a bad game either. Good atmosphere, especially in the first half when even i was starting songs off :o:P Even the hot dogs were nice at the ground, i can't complain about anything today...except maybe Humes finishing and Elvis in general. :thumbup:

I dont think anyone who was there today would begrudge southend a point, on another day true we may have won but against a team fighting for their lives at their ground is always going to be difficault

The way I see it people who didnt go are viewing this as a bad result because of who we're up against, and thought "same old leicester" conceding in the last minute. whereas most people who went to the game can accept a point and have had an excellant day out.

even with a win today we'd have been 12 points off the play-offs, so lets face it we're not going anywhere and days like this should be enjoyed for the rest of the season, starting with palace next week.

We should have had a penalty when Porter had his shirt pulled at the start of the second half. Would have been soft but rules is rules.

Good shout i forgot about that.

That would have been soft but ive seen them given.

Just got back and I thought it was a very good day out, bit disappointend about their late winner but thats all.

when did you leave :P

i would have to agree with everything else though, another leicester game and another sore throat :yawn:

Southend definitely deserved a point but I thought we'd won it when we made it 2-1 after Elvis came on and actually made a difference (Yes ld3 you can't deny it :P )

Good game and met loads of people from on here (including Thracian and Davieg :D )

In the end we should have won but Southend deserved it.

Still angers me to see Kelly playing Hughes on the right. Can't he see he is clearly useless there? <_< :angry:

Southend definitely deserved a point but I thought we'd won it when we made it 2-1 after Elvis came on and actually made a difference (Yes ld3 you can't deny it :P )

Good game and met loads of people from on here (including Thracian and Davieg :D )

In the end we should have won but Southend deserved it.

Still angers me to see Kelly playing Hughes on the right. Can't he see he is clearly useless there? <_< :angry:

I can and i will. I really do not like the guy. What did he do to 'make the difference' then? Lay a simple ball across the box? That he nearly fooked up anyway? He needs to run more, be stronger on the ball and to not stop and moan when things din't go his way.

I can and i will. I really do not like the guy. What did he do to 'make the difference' then? Lay a simple ball across the box? That he nearly fooked up anyway? He needs to run more, be stronger on the ball and to not stop and moan when things din't go his way.

How did he nealry mess it up?! It was straight to Hume!

You have to lay off Elvis here. He's not playing badly at all when he comes on at the moment. He came on today and clearly made the difference.

How did he nealry mess it up?! It was straight to Hume!

You have to lay off Elvis here. He's not playing badly at all when he comes on at the moment. He came on today and clearly made the difference.

Humey still had to slide in and it was too close to the keeper. I'll criticise Elvis for anything :P

What are you on mate?

You're spot on. We did exactly what we did against Luton, scored an earlyish goal and then became much less expansive and much more restrained as a unit.

And when we took the lead a second time, Kelly started playing silly buggers with the team in trying to play the game out by making substitutions which had no obvious point and which didn't have any positive effect at all.

In fact they had negative effect because we were left with the embarrassment of only 10 men when Maybury went off, a situation which contributed to them strolling through our defence for the equaliser. Will Kelly ever learn that such tactics don't work and disrupt our own rhythm as well as the rhythm of the game.

At the start he made two changes in the defence instead of the one necessary with the result that we not only conceded two goals for the first time in six games but might have conceded at least four and we lost Maybury who looked thoroughly uncomfortable in his unfamiliar position.

At no time once we'd gone ahead did we wholeheartedly press the game or try to keep the ball on the ground and that was near criminal when 2-1 ahead and Southend down to 10 men.

Our pitiful negatively, our refusal to commit players in support of attacks invited Southend to take the initiative and it was no surprise they took advantage.

Result? Two points blatantly thrown away.

Our central midfield was totally anonymous and worse than I've ever seen before from any Leicester team in 50 years . If our water came as reliably as our attackers received passes from central midfield we'd all be parched.

What the hell was Hughes doing on the right wing again? We get three wins in a decent run but then the two games he plays in we draw and no wonder. It would be quite possible to draw all our matches with Hughes on the right wing.

Why Kelly took Levi off instead of demanding he get some ball supply I've no idea and why play Yeates on the left instead of attacking down both flanks with players in their proper positions? Yeates looked lost on the left and had one, just one, half decent run. His ball control and decision making were awful.

Deserved to win? At times Southend passed us to death in midfield and up front and we avoided conceding four only by the grace of two more absolutely outstanding saves from Henderson.

"Feed the Clothes Horse", so named because he's static and the ball bounces of him in random directions, was totally and utterly ineffective, even failing to score with the goal gaping from three yards. Yes the goalkeeper did marvellously but was that really excuse enough?

For me the only genuine positives from Leicester's point of view was a brilliant return to scoring form from two goal Hume who so nearly had a hat-trick; another assist from Porter and so much positive play first 20 minutes before he was inexplicably starved of the ball by suddenly shabby support play; another vital assist from Hammond, the man they love to hate, a superlative display (distribution apart) from Henderson and the vital clearance of Stearman first half and his continually enthusiastic efforts to support the attack.

As for Southend - I simply wished we had Freddy Eastwood and Campbell-Ryce in our side. Such positive and threatening players.

Archived