Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Southend Post Match Comments

Yeates on the left instead of attacking down both flanks with players in their proper positions? Yeates looked lost on the left and had one, just one, half decent run. His ball control and decision making were awful.

Apparently Yeats prefers to play left sided. :dunno:

Has Fez got a shaven head and was he talking to Thracian and Davie G at the start of half time? If not then it wasn't Fez who I saw.

That was my son, is that what Fez looks like? As you can I don't believe I've met Fez or Maybes & Wils come to that!

It was good to meet lcfc-jme, lildave3, filbertway, joe and johnbluefox - hope I've not missed anyone! At least i'll know who I'm banning in future :ph34r::P

I wasn't going to comment on the whys and wherefores of this game but this sort of quote from RK sums up what is wrong.

"But I suppose it shows how far we have come in such a short space of time. We have come away from home and got a point - although it feels like a defeat.

Drawing to a team second bottom, who've lost 18 games including the last three, when they played the better all around football! So where the hell have we progressed from?

He should be furious, both in private and somewhat more than disappointed in public that we play so badly away from home with a non-existent midfield (2 games on the trot) and to throw away a lead twice is unforgivable.

It's good to show respect to the other team but to be so complacent about drawing, ruthless is a word he casually throws in, well that should be rammed down all their throats until they get the message that draws and defeats against teams at the bottom and on losing runs to boot are a sackable offence.

to be fair (and i have only seen him live once) he looked like a fish out of water on the right too :ph34r:

A fish in a swamp :blink:

I've got a full head of hair thank you very much! :P

I'll try and do the rounds at Palace next weekend, I was treating a girl to her first ever football match today and I think she was a bit taken aback by the language being displayed by the two 8-year-olds next to us. :laugh:

I've got a full head of hair thank you very much! :P

I'll try and do the rounds at Palace next weekend, I was treating a girl to her first ever football match today and I think she was a bit taken aback by the language being displayed by the two 8-year-olds next to us. :laugh:

So's my lad but he just chooses to look like his dad :P

Ps I guess it helps to keep that Fez in place :D

I wasn't going to comment on the whys and wherefores of this game but this sort of quote from RK sums up what is wrong.

Drawing to a team second bottom, who've lost 18 games including the last three, when they played the better all around football! So where the hell have we progressed from?

He should be furious, both in private and somewhat more than disappointed in public that we play so badly away from home with a non-existent midfield (2 games on the trot) and to throw away a lead twice is unforgivable.

It's good to show respect to the other team but to be so complacent about drawing, ruthless is a word he casually throws in, well that should be rammed down all their throats until they get the message that draws and defeats against teams at the bottom and on losing runs to boot are a sackable offence.

I think this is fair comment. My hope, however, is that with MM at the helm he starts to raise RK's expectation levels. I don't believe changing manager is necessarily the answer, as there are few options out there. But you are right, come next season we need to start thinking, and of course playing, like a top ten team

Another game where again the loan signings have had little or no positive impact. We may have had an upturn in form since their arrival but I have come to a few simple conclusions that would suggest they are not good enough:

Horsfield - One good 20 minute spell versus Cov otherwise slow and cumbersone, liability as in giving away fouls.

Jarrett - I cannot believe how some members on here can rate him highly. From what I have seen of him he is sloppy on the ball, not much attacking guile and is beaten off the ball easily. He may have stamina but that is surely the least expectation.

Yeates - Promising start and possibly the best of a bad loan bunch. Would need to see more to make a proper judgement. Kelly is mismanaging him by leaving him out for Hughes.

Glombard - Cameo appearance.

Many may disagree but this is my opinion.

Another game where again the loan signings have had little or no positive impact. We may have had an upturn in form since their arrival but I have come to a few simple conclusions that would suggest they are not good enough:

Horsfield - One good 20 minute spell versus Cov otherwise slow and cumbersone, liability as in giving away fouls.

Jarrett - I cannot believe how some members on here can rate him highly. From what I ahve seen of him he is sloppy on the ball, not much attacking guile and is beaten off the ball easily. He may have stamina but that is surely the least expectation.

Yeates - Promising start and possibly the best of a bad loan bunch. Would need to see more to make a proper judgement. Kelly is mismanaging him by leaving him out for Hughes.

Glombard - Cameo appearance.

Many may disagree but this is my opinion.

I pretty much agree with this, Without wanting to sound like Thrac, it looks like we are about safe so now is the time to see if any of the youth can cut it in this league, I'll like to see the likes of Gradel and Odhiambo given a go.

That was my son, is that what Fez looks like? As you can I don't believe I've met Fez or Maybes & Wils come to that!

Wils believes you and thracian came up to us around 2.45 asking how to get to the away end. Wils has crazy spiked dyed blonde hair and I was wearing a blue and green striped hoody and am about 6ft 4 lol

Wils believes you and thracian came up to us around 2.45 asking how to get to the away end. Wils has crazy spiked dyed blonde hair and I was wearing a blue and green striped hoody and am about 6ft 4 lol

Are you crazy? This was nearly 24 hours ago! What do you think they are, incredible memory men? They're 300 years old! davieG can't remember who we played yesterday and Thracian can't even remember going to the game. Give them a break.

:whistle:

:P

Wils is right. We certainly asked someone where the away end was. Delighted to meet you, however briefly, and to meet some more of the Ultras in the pub beforehand like Filbertway, Joe, Lil-dave3, Jonbluefox etc and to see some more familiar faces once again.

It was a good day. Decent pint, good company, a football match full of interest and incident and enthusiastic supporters who sang the opposition almost to silence for most of the game. Only Kelly served to dampen things by seemingly slamming the brakes on each time we scored.

Another good result.

A little gutted we let a lead slip twice but we continue to do well away from home which is a big step forward. Lets hope that we continue this unbeaten run and dont slip into the bad old ways of a great run followed by a shite one.

Another good result.

A little gutted we let a lead slip twice but we continue to do well away from home which is a big step forward. Lets hope that we continue this unbeaten run and dont slip into the bad old ways of a great run followed by a shite one.

To be honest its not really that much of a good result. Southend in the position they are in and the run they are having we should be going there and getting all 3 points if we to be making progress.

To be honest its not really that much of a good result. Southend in the position they are in and the run they are having we should be going there and getting all 3 points if we to be making progress.

Thats fair but remember these sides are or at least in theory should be fighting for there lives. I know there recent form isnt all that but in January they beat Birmingham, Cardiff and West Brom which takes some doing, especially as all them sides are fighting for promotion.

Archived