Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc_forever

Crystal Palace vs Leicester match ratings

Sorry Thracian, dont want to sound like an arse, but this is a player ratings thread is it not? It's not another place to propose 4-3-3 or make excuses for levi

That is stupid. Porter along McAuley, Kisnorbo, Hume and Henderson have saved our season. Want to count the number of assists he's made. If anything we need to vary. Managers guess our team a season in advance. So we should at least vary the way the players approach the game.

Being small is a good thing sometimes because you can move around more without being lumped at by some 6' defender.

Has anyone else noticed that ever since our back four got disrupted, we conceded two goals (more than normal) away to Southend... and we lost two more goals against Palace. In the two games without the normal, steady back four, we've amassed just one point.

I told you messing with the back four was a bad idea. :ph34r:

Stearman OUT! :ph34r::protest:

;) ;) ;)

Bet you won't be saying that if he plays another two games. McAuley wasn't brilliant either.

Bet you won't be saying that if he plays another two games. McAuley wasn't brilliant either.

Nobody was brilliant yesterday. It just so happens that Stearman was worse than GM. The thing about us conceding more since the back 4 was disrupted is right. Though I don't think lwicd was being completely serious, hence the ;)s

Nobody was brilliant yesterday. It just so happens that Stearman was worse than GM. The thing about us conceding more since the back 4 was disrupted is right. Though I don't think lwicd was being completely serious, hence the ;)s

When is he half serious? My point is that Stearman hasn't played properly for a while at RB and he needs to regain the positional sense he's lost.

I was being deadly serious about the back four being all at sea ever since Nissa picked up a booking. :mellow:

We should promptly return Maybury to the back four and hope it clicks again... or shit-hot Leeds might have the doing of us. :ph34r:

When is he half serious? My point is that Stearman hasn't played properly for a while at RB and he needs to regain the positional sense he's lost.

Stearman hasn't played anywhere properly all season - he has been dogshit. Which is why he hasn't had a proper run in the starting lineup. I understand why he needs to play more games, but with his dreadful form it's a little bit risky going into games and starting him.

Stearman hasn't played anywhere properly all season - he has been dogshit. Which is why he hasn't had a proper run in the starting lineup. I understand why he needs to play more games, but with his dreadful form it's a little bit risky going into games and starting him.

Exactamundo.

We're not out of the woods just yet... and while there's games still to be won, it's not the best time to try and rebuild a particular player's career. :whistle:

That is stupid. Porter along McAuley, Kisnorbo, Hume and Henderson have saved our season. Want to count the number of assists he's made. If anything we need to vary. Managers guess our team a season in advance. So we should at least vary the way the players approach the game.

Being small is a good thing sometimes because you can move around more without being lumped at by some 6' defender.

What has that got to do with what I said? I was pointing out this thread is not a place to discuss porter.

Exactamundo.

We're not out of the woods just yet... and while there's games still to be won, it's not the best time to try and rebuild a particular player's career. :whistle:

Correct. Though the way some people had been talking in recent times, we are well and truly out of the woods and should be looking up towards the playoffs instead of down to see who's propping us up. Maybe when we're mathematically out of the proverbial woods it'd be fine to try and bring Stearman back full-time, but whilst he's shit and there's always that possibility we could be dragged downwards, put Maybury in!!

I realise the Thac is there to be shot at, but is it really necessary to'diss' his post?

As I read it it he was responding to comments made in the ratings..Pretty normal in my book.

The ratings are never just posts with players names and scores, they tend to naturally change into a discussion usually with some interesting well thought out comments.

I enjoy reading his and other well thought out posts, don't always agree but when I don't they make me smile...I don't think we need the cheap shots

I dont think porter is the world beater and creative genius some indicate, but a lot of what you said is shite, but here isnt the place

No hes not there to be shot at, and I was not dissing his post, just pointing out this is not the place. Yes the ratings do turn into discussions, but wouldn't it be better were it about the game and not stuff we have heard elsewhere already

Broadly it is hard to disagree with that. Last season I slightly favoured Stearman over Maybury because of his attacking capabilities but Maybury is unquestionably our in-form right back at the moment, despite his recent penalty blunder.

Stearman's performances have puzzled me since the start of the season and his being in and out of the team and being shifted from position to position - while it doesn't help - offer no real explanation of the reasons.

In fact he seems to have gone backwards. He's not nearly so inclined to keep his passes on the floor and nowadays seems too easily beaten both for pace and guile.

I would have sold him at the end of the summer anyway because, although I thought him promising, even good on occasions, I've never really seen him as an exceptional full-back, not even at his best.

Others I am aware, will disagree with that and believe him to have an excellent future ahead of him. They may be right and I hope they are but whichever way it goes evetually, he's certainly way below his best at the moment.

The Sunday Times

The amount of 6's in that scares me. If they're willing to award that many 6's when we've played that shit, I'd be interested to see what they'd award should we play any half decent stuff.

The amount of 6's in that scares me. If they're willing to award that many 6's when we've played that shit, I'd be interested to see what they'd award should we play any half decent stuff.

An unbiased viewpoint though...the full article makes for an interesting slagging - I popped it into the match thread :thumbup:

Yeah.

And the bloke that scored their first too.

Tbh, he's a bit toss. Wouldn't get in the starting eleven if Savage and Toshack weren't feuding over nothing. Wouldn't get in my squad, I don't think.

Henderson 5, Stearman 6, Kisnorbo 6, Jarrett 6, Johansson 5, McAuley 5, S Hughes 6, Johnson 4 (Yeates 71min), Porter 6, Hume 4, Horsfield 4 (Hammond 63min)

What a load of crap. Jarret and Hughes 6? Hume 4? Now don't get me wrong, I'm not really one to hop on the "omg let's all suk hume's willy" bandwagon but at least he played with a bit of heart, looked like he actually cared. 4, considering he got pretty much fook all service, seems a little bit extreme - especially when you're hading out sixes to such disgustingly, horribly, HORRENDOUSLY embarrassing displays as Hughes'. Shocking, really.

Archived