Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc_forever

Crystal Palace vs Leicester match ratings

City were really awful today - I can't believe this was a side that was six matches unbeaten. The midfield was non-existent and we kept knocking aimless long balls, handing Palace the initiative time and time again.

Henderson - 5 At fault for the first goal, although the defence should have stopped the shot in the first place

Stearman - 6.5 Defended well

McAuley 6.5 As above

Kisnorbo - 5.5 Not as commanding as usual

Johannson - 6 His previous understanding with Porter was lacking in this match

Hughes - 3 Terrible. Shocked that Kelly did not take him off. All his passes today went to a Palace player

Johnson - 3.5 Non-existent in the first half

Jarrett - 3.5 Poor and gave possession away far too often

Porter - 4 His final ball today was lacking and he never really got into the match

Hume - 5 Worked hard but too many long balls were knocked towards him when he is a better player when the ball is passed to feet

Horsfield - 4 Did nothing of any note

Subs:

Yeates - 6.5 Looked dangerous when he came on and provided width

Hammond - 7 Leicester's best player today - worked hard when he came on, helping defensively and his pace caused Palace problems

Kenton - 3 Why Rob? Out of position and a substitute for Johannson in the last minute, he was out-paced by the Palace winger whose cross led to the penalty.

On this performance, if the youngsters don't get a chance when we're mathematically safe, I will be very surprised - the likes of Gradel and King cannot be any worse.

Same old from Hughes by the sounds of it. Surely this should mean Newton wil start Tuesday.

Well done for going down. :thumbup:

From those ratings Hughes wasn't any worse than Johnson or Jarrett and was out of position for most of the game.

Rob - square pegs in square holes - Kelly :P

Gotta agree with most of your ratings lcfc_forever.

Henderson - 5 (mistake for the 1st goal)

Stearman - 5 (ok-ish, still nowhere near his best)

McAuley - 5.5 (should've scored with the free header)

Kisnorbo - 5 (kept pushing their players in the back and gave away needless free-kicks, his distribution was appalling and was one of the main culprits for our long balls)

Johansson - 5.5 (didn't do too bad apart from one horrendous free-kick- I couldn't understand his substitution)

Hughes - 4 (poor would be an understatement - has nothing in his locker that causes the opposition any problems)

Johnson - 3.5 (woeful, can't think of him doing anything right - sluggish and slow in possession, slow in closing down)

Jarrett - 4.5 (not impressed - this was the first I'd seen him play)

Porter - 4.5 (the game passed him by - he was outmuscled and outfought - his final ball was poor and his set pieces weren't up to much)

Hume - 5 (all effort but no end product, has to stay up front more of the time instead of drifting back)

Horsefield - 4.5 (he offers some aerial threat but was easily contained by their defenders - and doesn't have anything else to add to the team)

Subs:

Yeates - 5 - nice touches and a good cross, but not a team player. Lazy git too.

Kenton - 0 - he had one challenge to make and f**ked it up, leading to their penalty

Hammond - 5 - slightly more effective than Horsefield - but when it came to his half chance he ballooned it over and wide in typical Elvis fashion.

Kelly - 1 - should've had Cadamarteri on the bench (or another attacking option!) - Hughes should've been replaced (or moved into midfield) much earlier and Johnson was hopeless. Unbelievable substitution of Johansson too.

Gotta agree with most of your ratings lcfc_forever.

Henderson - 5 (mistake for the 1st goal)

Stearman - 5 (ok-ish, still nowhere near his best)

McAuley - 5.5 (should've scored with the free header)

Kisnorbo - 5 (kept pushing their players in the back and gave away needless free-kicks, his distribution was appalling and was one of the main culprits for our long balls)

Johansson - 5.5 (didn't do too bad apart from one horrendous free-kick- I couldn't understand his substitution)

Hughes - 4 (poor would be an understatement - has nothing in his locker that causes the opposition any problems)

Johnson - 3.5 (woeful, can't think of him doing anything right - sluggish and slow in possession, slow in closing down)

Jarrett - 4.5 (not impressed - this was the first I'd seen him play)

Porter - 4.5 (the game passed him by - he was outmuscled and outfought - his final ball was poor and his set pieces weren't up to much)

Hume - 5 (all effort but no end product, has to stay up front more of the time instead of drifting back)

Horsefield - 4.5 (he offers some aerial threat but was easily contained by their defenders - and doesn't have anything else to add to the team)

Subs:

Yeates - 5 - nice touches and a good cross, but not a team player. Lazy git too.

Kenton - 0 - he had one challenge to make and f**ked it up, leading to their penalty

Hammond - 5 - slightly more effective than Horsefield - but when it came to his half chance he ballooned it over and wide in typical Elvis fashion.

Kelly - 1 - should've had Cadamarteri on the bench (or another attacking option!) - Hughes should've been replaced (or moved into midfield) much earlier and Johnson was hopeless. Unbelievable substitution of Johansson too.

You sound like I felt after the Burnley game, yes we were that bad as well, but at least I have the consolation that we stole the points.

I didn't go and my life am I glad but most those ratings seem to sum up the way it sounded on the radio.

The Porter situation is starting to worry me. I've noticed teams have started to recognise he's our main creator and have begun to tighten up on him.

That seems to have coincided with him having little or no decent service from central midfield and I wonder why Kelly is doing so little about those two problems.

It is surely nothing unexpected. In fact it is inevitable.

About a month or six weeks ago I suggested Porter should move around more - I don't mean in his defensive duties but as an attacker.

He should move to the right wing sometimes, or switch wings when we're using a proper right winger. And he should be used in midfield in a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3 from time to time. With some wingers it would be difficult but Porter can play all over the place.

Does Kelly seriously believe he can enjoy a comfort zone with his tactics? He's got to forever pose different problems for opponents, stop being so easy to second guess, make sure it is he that takes the initiative.

He'll get nowhere being a one trick pony.

Henderson - 5

Stearman - 6

McAuley - 6

Kisnorbo - 6

Johansson - 6

Hughes - 5

Johnson - 4

Jarrett - 5

Porter - 5

Hume - 6

Horsefield - 5

Subs:

Yeates - 5

Kenton - 3

Hammond - 6

Kelly - 4 - Never fired up his side before the game but did a bit of decent work at half-time because we performed better, even though still poorly overall.

Levi Porter is a below average squad player and is well out of his depth in the championship, he very rarely beats a man or buts a decent ball into the box or to a blue shirt. He causes problems at the back as he doesn't get back and help and his height is a serious problem which will stop him ever becoming a decent footballer. He has to come short or take the corner when we have a corner and with his poor crossing ability and the fact that we never use the short this is rendered useless. Porter will not be playing next season as we will have money to buy a good left winger and he shall possibly be sold to a lower league team.

I didn't go and my life am I glad but most those ratings seem to sum up the way it sounded on the radio.

The Porter situation is starting to worry me. I've noticed teams have started to recognise he's our main creator and have begun to tighten up on him.

That seems to have coincided with him having little or no decent service from central midfield and I wonder why Kelly is doing so little about those two problems.

About a month or six weeks ago I suggested Porter should move around more - I don't mean in his defensive duties but as an attacker.

He should move to the right wing sometimes, or switch wings when we're using a proper right winger. And he should be used in midfield in a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3 from time to time. With some wingers it would be difficult but Porter can play all over the place.

Does Kelly seriously believe he can enjoy a comfort zone with his tactics? He's got to forever pose different problems for opponents, stop being so easy to second guess, make sure it is he that takes the initiative.

Have to agree and when Porter was "non-existent" he was pretty class but now teams have got to grips with him, he just looks like another player that no-one dare pass the ball to (eg. square it) because of his height.

Levi Porter is a below average squad player and is well out of his depth in the championship, he very rarely beats a man or buts a decent ball into the box or to a blue shirt. He causes problems at the back as he doesn't get back and help and his height is a serious problem which will stop him ever becoming a decent footballer. He has to come short or take the corner when we have a corner and with his poor crossing ability and the fact that we never use the short this is rendered useless. Porter will not be playing next season as we will have money to buy a good left winger and he shall possibly be sold to a lower league team.

I dont think porter is the world beater and creative genius some indicate, but a lot of what you said is shite, but here isnt the place

Ridiculous, he is the only decent midfielder at the club. It is ludicrous that you can see he never beats a man or crosses. This guy is our only attacking spark.

Henderson - 5 Although I couldn't see the first goal :doh:

Stearman - 5

McAuley - 6

Kisnorbo - 5

Johansson - 6 (And some lads in front of me actually got my song going :o Big nose, long hair, ra ra ra! )

Hughes - 3

Johnson - 3

Jarrett - 4

Porter - 5

Hume - 6

Horsefield - 4

Subs:

Yeates - 5

Kenton - 2

Hammond - 6

Horsfield - 4 Did nothing of any note
Horsefield - 5
Horsefield - 4

This is the worry for me...is the Horse isn't going to don the nosebag then we are in for some really lacklustre games to come.

Hopefully, someone will smear some chili pepper on his ringpiece for Tuesday evening.

Henderson - 5

Stearman - 4

McAuley - 6

Kisnorbo - 6

Johansson - 4

Hughes - 3

Johnson - 5

Jarrett - 5

Porter - 5

Hume - 6

Horsefield - 4

Subs:

Yeates - 5

Kenton -

Hammond - 7 (looked half decent when he came on, atleast he did something)

Worst i've seen us play all year. We just didn't like doing anything, couldn't pass, no-one wanted the ball apart from jarrett, then he'd give it away. We'll lose to leeds on tuesday :(

In our past 8 games Levi has been our best player in at least 5 of them. You must also remember this is his first season, he's only going to get better.

Usually I like to agree with you Thrac but on the matter of Porter, with respect to today, you are talking bollocks. He certainly saw more of the ball than Hughes did and did absolutely nothing with it. He wouldn't take on his man and his crossing and set pieces were by and large abysmal. As I've said before he hasn't learnt to deal with his height fully yet. In our only 'chance' of the first half he got the ball at the back post, but took forever to take it down and then instead of shooting or putting in a decent cross he practically passed it to the keeper. At no point was the ball under control.

Hendo- 5 At fault for the goal

Stearz- 6 Defensively sound but too many mistakes going forward- at least he tried though

Kisnorbo- 5 Worst I've seen him play this season- unsure and too much shirt pulling/pushing. Didn't get a good view of the peno but it looked harsh

McAuley- 6.5 One of our best players in an abject performance

Skills- 4 Not his day today

Hughes- 2 And only gets that for his marginally improved display when he moved inside

Johno- 0 Struggling to remember a positive contribution- no tackles and no forward passes

Jarett- 3 Never stopped trying but far too wasteful in possesion

Porter- 4 See above, although he never stopped trying

The Horse- 4 Did little with what he actually got

Hume- 6 Full of running but not much end product

Yeates- 6 Full of attacking purpose. Would have been more but his lack of desire to help defendively pisses me off!

Hamondo- 6 Wanted it today. Looked a handful when he came on, had a good turn and shot but somehow managed to head a goalbound header over the bar.

Kenton- 4 Why? What was the point in his substitution?

Kelly- 0 Got it completely wrong today. Must go, and soon.

The Fans- 8 Outsung the silent Palace fans.

Henderson - 6

Stearman - 5

McAuley - 6

Kisnorbo - 6

Nisse - 6

Hughes - 4

Jarrett - 5

Johnson - 4

Levi - 5

Hume - 6

Horsfield - 4

subs

Elvis - 6

Yeates - 6

Fans - 9. 2-0 down and we'll still sing summed it up :thumbup:

Henderson - 6

Stearman - 5

McAuley - 6

Kisnorbo - 6

Nisse - 6

Hughes - 4

Jarrett - 5

Johnson - 4

Levi - 5

Hume - 6

Horsfield - 4

subs

Elvis - 6

Yeates - 6

Fans - 9. 2-0 down and we'll still sing summed it up :thumbup:

Spot on fans were awsome today

what a great first away game of the season :D

To be few to Levi, he didn't get no service today what so ever. He could have made some possible runs but didn't becasue he was fed up as he wouldn't get the ball anyway.

And as for the fans, it seemed a bit noisey at the back, but it weren't that good of an atmosphere :S

Archived