Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Letting the players off their Leeds

seeing as though you are here, what are your thought on the **** called dennis wise?

The bloke's a nob, but hey, who else is going to join us at the moment we might be big headed but we're not fooking delusional.

I don't think us staying up will be anything to do with wisey, a smattering of pride and passionate support is all we have to rely on, but we'll do it

seeing as though you are here, what are your thought on the **** called dennis wise?

The passion is certainly there but he's hardly turned things around from Mr Blackwell. However i think we have being unlucky in certain games and all of his signings bar Kandol who's crap have being good he's seen potential in Rui Marques who's turned out to be brilliant aswell as bringing in Thompson 2 goals in 2 games speaks for itself Flo, Armando Sa all good players for the championship. I'm still undecided on the matter give him until Christmas whatever league we are in :dunno: only time will tell unfortunately were running out of that :(

The bloke's a nob, but hey, who else is going to join us at the moment we might be big headed but we're not fooking delusional.

I don't think us staying up will be anything to do with wisey, a smattering of pride and passionate support is all we have to rely on, but we'll do it

nice to see wise is still in everyones good books, will you be chanting wise out when we go 3-0 up?

Yep you probably will but you aint starting the revival tomorrow night matey! :P

Pride and passionate support? You were deadly silent at Elland Road when we went up!

All though I suppose the team were absloutley dire that night.

Got a bad feeling Richard Cresswell will score tonight. I remember him getting a hat-trick for Preston in an extremely boring cup game a few years. If he does, it will almost prove Taylor right, he was one for the future!

I had a dream that we are going to stuff them 5-0

It appears Martin Luther King thought something pretty similar too:

I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the Leicester dream.

I have a dream that one day this team will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these players to be half-decent: that all the youth team are to be given their chance."

I have a dream that one day on the hills of Bradgate Deer Park the sons of former players and the sons of former managers will be able to sit down together at the table football of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the city of Leeds, a city sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of League One football.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a Citeh where they will not be judged by the colour of their skin but by the colour of their scarves.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, down in Leeds, with its vicious racists, with its manager having his lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification; one day right there in Leeds, little Leicester boys and Leicester girls will be able to join hands and laugh at the ugly little lie-ridden cheat.

I have a dream today.

MLK

Leeds, another one of the countries so called big sides who havent won fook all despite spending millions and millions. The supporters dont turn out like they used to either. They opened the season with 22k and despite a few more fans turning out in recent weeks, there average is still below ours. Dillusional fans who think they have a devine right at success but the days of Bremner are long gone and even more recent better days with keane, Ferdinand, Viduka and Kewell are a distant memory.

I didnt have much against Leeds until Wise took over and now I want them buried and following in the footsteps of Fo**st in D1. Lets hope we can help send them down and Wise gets the sack the little pixie c**t. Other than that, all the best lol! :thumbup::D

From a Leeds site:

Maybury was the captain of that Leeds youth team that gave us Woody, Smithy, Robbo, Harry et al. Maybury's most famous moment in a Leeds shirt was that horrendous challenge on him by Pavel Nedved in the 3-3 draw with Lazio in the Champions League! Luckily he walked away uninjured.

:blink::blink::blink:

Republic of Ireland international Alan Maybury was carried off the pitch last night as Leeds United were held to a 3-3 Elland Road Champions League draw by Lazio.

Maybury's career may have taken a downward turn since he made his senior Ireland debut in 1998 - but it was almost finished for good last night by an horrendous two-footed lunge from Czech international Pavel Nedved.

Nedved caught the Dublin-born defender on knee and ankle and Maybury had to be chaired from the field. To add insult to injury, the referee failed to spot the foul and awarded Lazio the free from which Sinisa Mihajlovic fired home the Italian side's last-minute equaliser.

Kickin Magazine (IRE). ;)

Looking at the numbers, that appears to be his sole appearance in Europe. :mellow:

Archived