Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Team v Dirty Leeds

Hendo

Maybury --Kisnorbo - - McAuley-- Nils-Eric

Weso

Newton--------------------------------------Porter

Hume

Hammond------------Fryatt

I like the look of that, when/if Fryatt and Weso are fit it would be worth a try I think.

You know its going to be

Henderson

Kenton

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Skills

Hughes

Johnson

Jarret

Newton

Horsefield

Hume

Logan Stearman Tiatto Porter Hammond

Always remember Kellys Law: At least one player must be played out of position.

I think Kelly will actually make some changes particularly with Tiatto/Hughes for AJ, Newton for RW. Stearman will probably keep his place which is what i want.

Weso hasn't even figured on the bench for a while if i remember well.

Some decent selections from the lads and lasses as usual but being realistic, I think that RK will change little but just ask for a response. I think he`ll end up going...

HENDO

MAYBURY KISNORBO McAULEY NISSA

NEWTON JOHNSON JARRETT LEVI

HORSFIELD HUME

Some decent selections from the lads and lasses as usual but being realistic, I think that RK will change little but just ask for a response. I think he`ll end up going...

HENDO

MAYBURY KISNORBO McAULEY NISSA

NEWTON JOHNSON JARRETT LEVI

HORSFIELD HUME

exactly the same as me!

No Fryatt tonight - still recovering form ankle injury. Hopefully fit for Saturday, That's from the man himself.

And Levi has got a tight hamstring and was in trying to stretch it off at dinner.

Oh and the Youth teams both won.

U18's 5 V 0 Brum.

Gradel scored 2 and could have got his trick if he had not blasted it at the keeper.

And Milan was there too !!

No Fryatt tonight - still recovering form ankle injury. Hopefully fit for Saturday, That's from the man himself.

And Levi has got a tight hamstring and was in trying to stretch it off at dinner.

Oh and the Youth teams both won.

U18's 5 V 0 Brum.

Gradel scored 2 and could have got his trick if he had not blasted it at the keeper.

And Milan was there too !!

Well, as someone said yesterday when they knew he'd been picked for the Academy game, there's no way Gradel will be playing tonight. I wonder exactly how many goals he's got to score from the right wing to impress anyone. That must be 16 now. It's as many as most centre-forwards. Yet our sixth winger will presumably walk into the team without so much as even having to get properly fit. :whistle:

I trust he will play like one would expect a Premiership player to perform.

Well, as someone said yesterday when they knew he'd been picked for the Academy game, there's no way Gradel will be playing tonight. I wonder exactly how many goals he's got to score from the right wing to impress anyone. That must be 16 now. It's as many as most centre-forwards. Yet our sixth winger will presumably walk into the team without so much as even having to get properly fit. :whistle:

It is frustrating, but you do need to understand the level that he's playing at. You might not agree, but Stephen Hughes, Josh Low and Shaun Newton would have been lethal at youth level otherwise they'd never have got the chance of professional football.

It's hard to pin point what else the likes of Gradel and co have got to do before getting a chance in the first team, but we know our management team is fairly clueless so let's hope that will change when Kelly goes. If we get a good manager and the likes of Gradel and co don't get picked, then i'm afraid you are going to have to accept that scoring regularly at youth level doesn't equal first team success.

Henderson;

Maybury, McAuley, Kisnorbo, Sheehan;

King, Wesolowski, Porter;

Hammond, Horsfield, Hume.

Subs: Logan, Stearman, Tiatto, Newton, Gradel.

I've decided to go almost the whole hog and play with as much speed and passing ability as I can muster while keeping players in their proper positions.

I nearly left Kisnorbo out because iof his poor passing but decided his goals threat gave him the edge over Stearman.

I cannot believe Newton is fully fit so I'm leaving Maybury, King and Hammond to provide width on the right.

Hammond's mobility will allow King the space he likes to drive into the box, Porter and Wesollowski can provide plenty of passes on the floor for our three strikers to feed off and Porter should get lots of supply from his old pals Weso, Stearman and Sheehan.

Defensively Hume can retreat into the hole when necessary and Wesolowski can play in front of the defence.

The problem is one of familiarity but it is time our forwards had the backing of players who could pass the ball accurately and incisively instead of people who constantly hoist the ball in the air and/or invariably give it away.

People say we haven't got the players to play high-defending attacking football but it's not true.

If they are all fit, that's a cracking midfield and while I know it's controversial (and I have to presume Sheehan is fit after friendlies), I see no point selecting an attacking team without attacking back-up right the way through as I've adocated previously.

I'm also concerned at fielding three such young midfielders but at least they can play and our present incumbents have neither created anything nor looked good defensively these last three matches. In fact they've rarely had the ball much less showed the ability to use it.

Leeds will play 4-5 across the middle, thats a lot of work for 3, escecialliy if we one one of them driving in to the box as ofetn as he can?

Leeds will play 4-5 across the middle, thats a lot of work for 3, escecialliy if we one one of them driving in to the box as ofetn as he can?

I just wish we had one of our players drive into their box... preferably with a fcuking Challenger II. :whistle:

We might actually be able to score a few, then... and with the added benefit of squashing a few scummy Leeds players.

Take a quick shot at Wise and call it a good days work. ;):smile:

John Rudkin said that Max is still learning and not ready for the step up.

Also Leicester had a player from Arsenal(on trial) who started.

Archived