Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Team v Dirty Leeds

Henderson

Stearman

McAuley

Kisnorbo ©

Maybury

Newton

Wesolowski

Jarrett

Porter

Hume

Fryatt

Subs: Logan, Johansson, King, Gradel, Elvis

It's time for Rob to get nasty, less of the sensible cautious thinking, just like last season the talk is that we're safe all of a sudden, so the players are taking us for a ride again. He's proved to Mandaric that he can't pick a loan signing with his backing that is good enough for a promotion chasing team. There's the first nail in his coffin. It's now or never if he wants a career in management.

Same team as Saturday then.

:thumbup: Like it, a sensible Thracian. :D

Maybe Nisse in for Maybury.

Having said that have a serious lack of pace at the back, our defends don't like playing high up the pitch because of this we can't press time for long periods of time. So maybe Stearman could add a bit to the back four :dunno:

Jarrett is all energy and hustle and bustle, but when he has the ball he is pathetic. He can't pass. He can't even spot a pass and then play it badly.

I want to like him because he runs all game.

We have real problems in the middle. It's got to be Wesolowski and one other for me in the middle.

Jarrett is all energy and hustle and bustle, but when he has the ball he is pathetic. He can't pass. He can't even spot a pass and then play it badly.

I want to like him because he runs all game.

We have real problems in the middle. It's got to be Wesolowski and one other for me in the middle.

Weso and King

To be fair weso and porter aren't exactly bad, so there no reason why king can't be good as well :P

Henderson

Maybury (if fit, if not Stearman)

NEJ

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Newton (if fit, if not Yeates)

Hmm. I may as well say King, I'd like to see what the fuss is about and what better game to blood him in than against the worst team in the league?

Wesolowski

Porter

Hume

Fryatt (if fit, if not Hammond. Cba with Horsefield anymore)

Perhaps if our back four is reverted to its true original, stable four, we'll defend a bit more solidly. :ph34r:

We conceded four goals in the two games where the back four had been changed... perhaps now Rob will revert. After all, he made loads of changes after a couple of batterings earlier this season. :whistle:

Namely, McCarthy getting back in the side. <_<

That'd make a nice change. :thumbup:

lollollol

Some might say you couldn't really accuse Hammond of ever being '"on the ball" at all. :ph34r:

----

As for the concept of a Team for ____ Thread... it's really getting a bit... well, predictable really.

We all know what the team really will be... yet we still manage to come up with 3 or 4 pages of what we hope the team will be and why. I reckon we should just copy and paste what we each wrote the previous week... save everyone a lot of typing. lol

Look out for an exact copy of this post on Friday afternoon... lol:thumbup:

I can just change the topic title :P

Weso and King

To be fair weso and porter aren't exactly bad, so there no reason why king can't be good as well :P

I should emphasise for those who haven't seen him play that King is no fancy Dan. He works his socks off but does so much of that work where it hurts as well as where it doesn't.

He's not especially quick but he's close to six foot tall and he constantly drives into the box and times his runs in such a way that he seems to have all sorts of opportunities both on the floor and in the air.

He misses em too. But with Weso and Porter marshalling behind he'd be able to keep persisting and from what I've seen so far it's remarkable how many shots he actually has.

Unlike our current midfielders he's also a decent passer - a player who loves playing one-two's on the approach to the box and is never shy to follow them through to the danger xones and even the goalline if necessary.

Porter can only benefit from more of such players around him and so will the likes of Hume, Hammond, and Matty Fryatt who will, I believe, have far more opportunities because Porter, Weso and King all pass to feet first.

King is every bit as good as Porter and Weso in his way. Not the same at all - not perhaps as tirelessly mobile as Porter (who is?) but every bit as good and every bit the picture of the sort of positive players we need in our club.

The sooner their style is the predominant approach the better.

If we've got the best keeper and the best centre half in this division

1. I never said Hendo was the best keeper in the division. In fact I never even mentioned him. ;)

2. I also never said Paddy K was the best centre half in the division, I said one of the best. :thumbup:

why do we concead so many goals.

We don't concede that many goals, if your compare our defence to most other teams' in this division our defensive record is actually quite reasonable. In 17 home league games, we've conceded 18 goals, not bad considering it's the same amount as Wolves and only two more than Birmingham, Derby and West Brom.

You are right. But Birmingham, West Brom, Derby etc don't preserve their defensive record at the embarrassing expense of attacking ambitions in any games against "tough" opposition.

West Brom, for instance have scored over 60 times so far and Birmingham over 50 times.

A lot of teams would concede at the rate of a goal a game if, like us, they played with eight defenders and a left winger who helps defence as much as attack and a main striker who also spends lots of his time foraging in midfield. :whistle:

This is what it will be:

Henderson

Maybury (If fit)

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Nissa

Newton

Jarrett

Johnson

Porter

Hume

Horsfield

It's OK saying what you would like the team to be but let's face it, what you want is not necessarily what you get from Kelly. For me, this is the probable team tomorrow.

What I would like:

Hendo

RB Maybury

CB Kizza ©

CB Mcauley

LB Nisse

RM Yeates/Newton

LM Porter

DM Weso/Jarrett

AM Hume

ST Horsfield

ST Fryatt

Subs: Logan, Hughes, Kenton, Cadamarteri (bring on for fryatt around 45/60 mins) Hammond

Team it is goin to be:

Hendo

Maybury

Mcauley

Kisnorbo

Nisse

Hughes/ Newton

Jarrett

Johnson

Porter

Hume

Horsfield