Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Team v Dirty Leeds

'I see no changes, All I see is racist faces and dis-placed hatred' Could be used when Rob chooses an un-changed side from the stunning display at Palace.

My team is as follows, not that Robert would even dream of doing anything so outlandish.

Henderson

McAuley

Kisnorbo ©

Nisse

Newton

Wesolowski

Jarrett

Porter

King

Hume

Horsfield

Subs: Elvis/Fryatt, Yeates, Gradel, Maybury, Tiatto

Wesolowski has played a couple of training matches recently and must be worth a another go, I still cannot see how he is any worse than Andy Johnson. He needs a run of 5 to 6 games to get back to his best. Johnson get's a run like that, why not Wesolowski?

King and Gradel deserve a chance from now until the end of the season to see if they can cut it. If not, then at least we know.

Henderson;

Maybury, McAuley, Kisnorbo, Sheehan;

King, Wesolowski, Porter;

Hammond, Horsfield, Hume.

Subs: Logan, Stearman, Tiatto, Newton, Gradel.

I've decided to go almost the whole hog and play with as much speed and passing ability as I can muster while keeping players in their proper positions.

I nearly left Kisnorbo out because iof his poor passing but decided his goals threat gave him the edge over Stearman.

I cannot believe Newton is fully fit so I'm leaving Maybury, King and Hammond to provide width on the right.

Hammond's mobility will allow King the space he likes to drive into the box, Porter and Wesollowski can provide plenty of passes on the floor for our three strikers to feed off and Porter should get lots of supply from his old pals Weso, Stearman and Sheehan.

Defensively Hume can retreat into the hole when necessary and Wesolowski can play in front of the defence.

The problem is one of familiarity but it is time our forwards had the backing of players who could pass the ball accurately and incisively instead of people who constantly hoist the ball in the air and/or invariably give it away.

People say we haven't got the players to play high-defending attacking football but it's not true.

If they are all fit, that's a cracking midfield and while I know it's controversial (and I have to presume Sheehan is fit after friendlies), I see no point selecting an attacking team without attacking back-up right the way through as I've adocated previously.

I'm also concerned at fielding three such young midfielders but at least they can play and our present incumbents have neither created anything nor looked good defensively these last three matches. In fact they've rarely had the ball much less showed the ability to use it.

I cannot honestly ask for King or Gradel to be involved, as I've not seen them play only heard reports from everybody else. I'd like to see (although it won't happen as we can all predict the actual team):

Logan

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Nissa

Wesolowski

Newton

Tiatto

Yeates

Porter

Hume

Horsfield

Subs: Hammond, Fryatt, Cadamarteri, Hughes, Maybury

I hate picking teams that I don't rate BUT from what we've got :-

Henderson

Nils

Kisnorbo

Mcauly

Maybury

Porter

Hughes

Jarrett (over Johnson, simply to find out whether we should keep hold of him in Summer)

Newton

Hume

Horse

Would like to play Fryatt and Wesloski midway through second half as when both fit I would probably

start them. Hughes is on his last few chances to shine for me, play him in his preffered position, if he doesn't start performing, bench him for next few games! Although you could say that about most players!

Huh? so you'd ditch probibly the best keeper in the Championship in favour of someone who can just kick really really far?

Henderson has been in good form as of late and definitely merited his Player of the Month nomination, but in the last two games he has not displayed the same level of performance in my opinion, and has been solely at fault for two of the four goals we've conceded (dodgy defending for Southends second and a penalty for the last at Palace aren't his fault) with miserable attempts at making a save from seemingly tame and harmless shots.

I kinda think we should look at playing Cadamarteri as well otherwise what's the point of having him on payroll. He is been given very little chance to prove himself at the moment. Maybe nearer the end of season we should give him a start and see what he can do. At the moment though, how can Kelly be thinking of renewing his contract.

Ok, casting aside some of the cringe worthy team selections here, a realistic one:

Henderson (to anyone who's claiming he should be dropped; please, don't bother posting here again.)

NEJ

McAuley

Kisnorbo

Maybury

Porter

Johnson

Jarrett

Newton

Hume

Horsfield

Logan, Stearman, Weslowski, Yeates, Fryatt

Henderson has been below his best the last two games but one of the features of our two principal goalkeepers is how few costly errors they've made individually. Henderson has made about three that I can recall and Logan even fewer.

Logan didn't get any chances after conceding four against Wednesday that were not his fault as I could see while Logan's dropped a couple of mightly clangers but has also earned us points with some breathtaking saves.

On balance he deserves to remain first choice just as Maybury did when he conceded a penalty but if either Hendeson or Maybury were under 20 there's at least one poster on this forum would have lambasted them for sure.

Anyway my take generally is that players in every position willdrop clangers from time to time but it is their overall contribution over a series of matches that counts. And Henderson is still in credit.

Ok, casting aside some of the cringe worthy team selections here, a realistic one:

Henderson (to anyone who's claiming he should be dropped; please, don't bother posting here again.)

NEJ

McAuley

Kisnorbo

Maybury

Porter

Johnson

Jarrett

Newton

Hume

Horsfield

Logan, Stearman, Weslowski, Yeates, Fryatt

:D

Perhaps if the current line-up didn't play so badly, the fans wouldn't resort to pinning their hopes on academy players? We have been shit for a few weeks now, I could even see it coming after the second half display against Coventry. If you're happy to continue with the current shower then fair play, you must have the patience levels of of a Buckingham Palace guard.

Henderson

Maybury

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Nisse

Yeates/Newton

Jarret

Johnson

Porter

Hume

Hammond

Logan, Stearman, Horsfield, Danny C, Hughes

Henderson has been below his best the last two games but one of the features of our two principal goalkeepers is how few costly errors they've made individually. Henderson has made about three that I can recall and Logan even fewer.

Logan didn't get any chances after conceding four against Wednesday that were not his fault as I could see while Logan's dropped a couple of mightly clangers but has also earned us points with some breathtaking saves.

On balance he deserves to remain first choice just as Maybury did when he conceded a penalty but if either Hendeson or Maybury were under 20 there's at least one poster on this forum would have lambasted them for sure.

Anyway my take generally is that players in every position willdrop clangers from time to time but it is their overall contribution over a series of matches that counts. And Henderson is still in credit.

Pray Nay sir, I'm very nice to Conrad Logan actually. and I have lambasted Mr Henderson so blah!

I hope Kelly decides to experiment between now and the end of the season. Let's face it, we're not really playing for much, he should at least try a few youngsters and maybe a new formation or two. I'd like to see Hughes and Jarrett in centre mid just to see if it works out.

I'd pick:

Hendo;

Stearman,

Gazza Mac

Paddy K

Nissa

Newton

Jarrett

Hughes

Porter

Horsfield

Hume

Subs: Logan, Maybury, King, Yeates, Hammond

I nearly left Kisnorbo out because iof his poor passing but decided his goals threat gave him the edge over Stearman.

Oh please, Paddy Kisnorbo is one of the best defenders in this division, without him we concede goals like nobody's business - and you'd drop him cos he's not the best passer in the world? :blink:

I hope Kelly decides to experiment between now and the end of the season. Let's face it, we're not really playing for much, he should at least try a few youngsters and maybe a new formation or two. I'd like to see Hughes and Jarrett in centre mid just to see if it works out.

I'd pick:

Hendo;

Stearman,

Gazza Mac

Paddy K

Nissa

Newton

Jarrett

Hughes

Porter

Horsfield

Hume

Oh please, Paddy Kisnorbo is one of the best defenders in this division, without him we concede goals like nobody's business - and you'd drop him cos he's not the best passer in the world? :blink:

If we've got the best keeper and the best centre half in this division why do we concead so many goals.

I'd pick:

Hendo;

Stearman,

Gazza Mac

Paddy K

Nissa

Newton

Jarrett

Hughes

Porter

Horsfield

Hume

If you have a potentially great Grand Prix driver there's no point giving him a sluggish machine or poor technical support. It's the same with a football team. If you believe in a certain approach you have to compliment that approach throughout.

In the end I left Kisnorbo in because, again true to form, I factored in his goals and my belief that the more potential scorers you have in a team the better. We'd have eight or nine instead of the current few.

But, quite seriously, I would demand Kisnorbo played the ball short and simple. He wastes so much good work with his lousy distribution and I would have our easy-on-the ball midfielders understanding that they were to constantly offer an outlet and demand the ball from him.

Kisnorbo is a good defender as far as commitment, interceptions, bravery and a few other things are concerned. But he has serious faults and only his extraordinary goal efforts have bought him some insurance.

Otherwise, as you see, my team has players who are comfortable on the ball throughout.

If you have a potentially great Grand Prix driver there's no point giving him a sluggish machine or poor technical support. It's the same with a football team. If you believe in a certain approach you have to compliment that approach throughout.

In the end I left Kisnorbo in because, again true to form, I factored in his goals and my belief that the more potential scorers you have in a team the better. We'd have eight or nine instead of the current few.

But, quite seriously, I would demand Kisnorbo played the ball short and simple. He wastes so much good work with his lousy distribution and I would have our easy-on-the ball midfielders understanding that they were to constantly offer an outlet and demand the ball from him.

Kisnorbo is a good defender as far as commitment, interceptions, bravery and a few other things are concerned. But he has serious faults and only his extraordinary goal efforts have bought him some insurance.

Otherwise, as you see, my team has players who are comfortable on the ball throughout.

Thats not true, it has Elvis Hammond in it.

----------------------Logan--------------------

Stearman----McAuley---Kisnorbo ©----Nils

--------Jarrett----Wesolowski---Porter-----

--------Cada-----Horsfield----Hume--------

Subs

Henderson, Kenton, Hammond, Yeates, Fryatt

Henderson

Stearman

McAuley

Kisnorbo ©

Maybury

Newton

Wesolowski

Jarrett

Porter

Hume

Fryatt

Subs: Logan, Johansson, King, Gradel, Elvis

It's time for Rob to get nasty, less of the sensible cautious thinking, just like last season the talk is that we're safe all of a sudden, so the players are taking us for a ride again. He's proved to Mandaric that he can't pick a loan signing with his backing that is good enough for a promotion chasing team. There's the first nail in his coffin. It's now or never if he wants a career in management.

Same team as Saturday then.

Any eleven who feel like they want to try and win the fooker!

That'd make a nice change. :thumbup:

Thats not true, it has Elvis Hammond in it.

lol lol lol

Some might say you couldn't really accuse Hammond of ever being '"on the ball" at all. :ph34r:

----

As for the concept of a Team for ____ Thread... it's really getting a bit... well, predictable really.

We all know what the team really will be... yet we still manage to come up with 3 or 4 pages of what we hope the team will be and why. I reckon we should just copy and paste what we each wrote the previous week... save everyone a lot of typing. lol

Look out for an exact copy of this post on Friday afternoon... lol:thumbup:

Archived