Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxesfan1

future of the foxes

however much i am very happy with the milan deal i can only wonder what the future holds for us will we become a struggling premiership side like pourtsmouth were until taken over again or will the 3 year plan fail or even maybe become 1 of the top 10 best teams in england as we were years before under martin o'neil whats everyone think?

just interested what other city fans think will happen:)

however much i am very happy with the milan deal i can only wonder what the future holds for us will we become a struggling premiership side like pourtsmouth were until taken over again or will the 3 year plan fail or even maybe become 1 of the top 10 best teams in england as we were years before under martin o'neal whats everyone think?

I can't believe i'm even replying to a thread started by someone who can't even spell Martin O'Neill's name right :rolleyes:

But...i think he will take us up in the 3rd season, then scrape around near the bottom of the prem for a couple of seasons, then gradually get better each year. Sort of like Bolton, but not as good.

The potential here is whatever we want it to be and however far we dare to travel.

One of Mandaric's first jobs is to instil his own atitudes of "can do, will do" into the psyche of everyone around him so that everyone aboard carries that air of focused intent and self-belief that will meet every challenge with the same "we'll do it whatever" philosophy that can become a habit.

When we start going to away grounds with the same intent to dictate terms as we should naturally have at home, then we'lll be making some progress.

We have to make teams fear us. Not just on match days but on the days approaching match days.

Within six months I expect teams to be asking themselves how do we stop Leicester scoring two or three and from that point on we must try to make that nightmare get worse.

The Walkers will be no place for jobsworths and journeymen.

I just loved Mandaric's attitude to Kelly's future.

We're going to do what we set out to do anyway. If Kelly shows he wants to come on the trip, fair enough, but we're going there with or without him.

There's no ambiguiity in those remarks.

Kelly must take the one massive chance in his life to embrace 100% positive or he'll probably never be heard of again because the legacy of what might have been will overwhelm him and everything thereafter will be an anti-climax.

Exciting times. Who dares will win and I've no doubt Mandaric dares.

It's going to take a good deal of time before and if we reach the Premiership. Possibly 3 years is a realistic target. We need to bring in some quality management and some quality players first. A lot of deadwood also needs clearing before we are going anywhere.

The potential here is whatever we want it to be and however far we dare to travel.

One of Mandaric's first jobs is to instil his own atitudes of "can do, will do" into the psyche of everyone around him so that everyone aboard carries that air of focused intent and self-belief that will meet every challenge with the same "we'll do it whatever" philosophy that can become a habit.

When we start going to away grounds with the same intent to dictate terms as we should naturally have at home, then we'lll be making some progress.

We have to make teams fear us. Not just on match days but on the days approaching match days.

Within six months I expect teams to be asking themselves how do we stop Leicester scoring two or three and from that point on we must try to make that nightmare get worse.

The Walkers will be no place for jobsworths and journeymen.

I just loved Mandaric's attitude to Kelly's future.

We're going to do what we set out to do anyway. If Kelly shows he wants to come on the trip, fair enough, but we're going there with or without him.

There's no ambiguiity in those remarks.

Kelly must take the one massive chance in his life to embrace 100% positive or he'll probably never be heard of again because the legacy of what might have been will overwhelm him and everything thereafter will be an anti-climax.

Exciting times. Who dares will win and I've no doubt Mandaric dares.

Now see what kind of superb arguments you can form when you leave out the words "King", "Gradel" and "Sheehan" :thumbup:

Top post.

however much i am very happy with the milan deal i can only wonder what the future holds for us will we become a struggling premiership side like pourtsmouth were until taken over again or will the 3 year plan fail or even maybe become 1 of the top 10 best teams in england as we were years before under martin o'neil whats everyone think?

What are you going on about foxesfan1? What was the alternative? Its a massive improvement from where we were as recently as ten weeks ago.

We all need to remember the MON days as they were great days. The reality of it all is that he left in the year 2000. The year the world was supposedly going to come to a stop. It didn't.

Since then we are on our 5th manager one of which destroyed every thing MON had set up. The other have tried to pick up the pieces using pence rather than pounds. At least now we have some pounds which will make us at least competitive in a very very strong division. Its not going to be easy but with MM on board at least we have some hope of success in the future rather than what we had with a board about to go into administration.

Come on the future is all ours for the taking

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

The direction we take will largely depend on who Mandaric brings in during the summer.

A quality manager would see us challenge for a top six place at least. Anything less and more mediocrity beckons. If he makes a REALLY bad choice (bringing in another Levein or Taylor) we could end up where Leeds are now!

With this chairman, any option is possible. Let's hope he picks the right man first time.

The direction we take will largely depend on who Mandaric brings in during the summer.

A quality manager would see us challenge for a top six place at least. Anything less and more mediocrity beckons. If he makes a REALLY bad choice (bringing in another Levein or Taylor) we could end up where Leeds are now!

With this chairman, any option is possible. Let's hope he picks the right man first time.

We will be promoted as champions next season...I expect a top six finish the season after and then some European silverware the season after that..."we are the champions, we are the champions,Rob Kelly is king!!"...sorry have to go,..time for my medication :blink:

As long as we are not as bad as we are now and become a consistantly good side to watch I can live with most things. The past few seasons have been dreadful to watch. Rarely in nearly 40 years have I felt such dispair so often. I know we have been bad before, but until MM's arrival there seemed no hope for improvement. Now we have some hope and I just want us to be a side worth buying a season ticket for. Passion, commitment, positive thinking are all free, we only have to pay for the skill and the innovative tactical planning. ;)

Go up next season .. and when the attendances INCREASE even more .. Chants not too disimilair too "where were you when we were shit?!" shall ring around the walkers .. increasing intimidation into travelling teams as they realise we are no longer .. indeed .. SHIT ..

On the other hand ... 3rd year of his mission and we'll go up .. be a Relegation battling side for a few seasons .. then midtable for years too come ..

:)

I wish we had a good squad that only needed a few new faces and a new manager in place to challenge next season but we have an enormous task ahead of us to get amongst the top 6 in this division, primarily because of the strength of the teams coming down coupled with the sides who will not be good enough to go up this season.

If we can scrape into the Premiership with a good squad in three seasons time I will be well chuffed but we need to get a manager in that can really get this 3 year plan going. We need someone to forget about this ropey loanees and start signing Bosmans. I know they arent world beaters but players like Carlisles Karl Hawley and Hartlepools Greek keeper Konstantopoulos world improve the squad and will be avialble on bosman deals and we need to get the ball rolling before the better freebies are snapped up.

It could go one of two ways either in 3 years we'll be in the Premiership or in 3 years time heading for the Conference because Mandaric has decided to jump ship. Draw your own conclusions.

Well that's bollox. He isn't going to invest and then dissapear is he? If he did go he would sell up, and the person buying the club would have to have a bit of money themselves

Getting carried away is fun, so here goes...

Does anyone think we're a big enough club for the champions league. We have (apparently) the 7th biggest following in England, and a stadium which i'm sure can have its capacity increased.

As has been said a million times before mandy is a money man, and we all know the big money is in the champions league. So if he gets us into 4th one season and then sells up he'll have made a fortune. Maybe thats his secret desire.

Speaking realistically though, i think we'll struggle getting out of the championship. Our current manager is not good enough, then mandy will bring in another manager in December who is not good enough. Our current players aren't good enough, any new signings (as we have already seen) won't be good enough. The new manager won't sign players who are good enough. We'll grow increasingly frustrated and after an awful playoff semi-final defeat in 2009, the manager will be sacked and mandy will bring in a good replacement. With a few squad adjustments by the new manager we'll be promoted in 2nd place in 2010. We'll do a Reading/Wigan in our 1st season and finish top half. Then we'll plod around mid-table until mandy goes bye bye with a sack of notes.

Then Emile Heskey will buy the club and turn it into a animal themed ammusement park, complete with snakes, elephants and spray painted goats swimming in lakes. The players will become car park attendants and will be made to perform a dance at 7 30pm and 8 30pm every day to entertain the kids. Heskey will sell up to Margaret Thatcher, who will cover the stadium in tin foil and unleash millions of sandflies in a bid to scare the opposition. This will fail, however, and we'll be relegated in 2012. A used car salesman will buy the administration threatened club for a pound and sell the stadium to a man who likes pepper a little too much, he sneezes alot this man. So its good for him to have a stadium. We'll play our home matches on the astro turf at abbey park, the middle pitch mind, as we can't afford the proper pitches. Ryan Giigs will make an appearance at a Leicester restaurant, prompting rumours of a Giggs takeover, this eventually does happen in 2014, and the club is moved to Wales. Giggs drowns all current players in the sea and employs kangaroos as security guards. Ants are fed to all workers. A pound is paid to the man on the bike and he's off to buy a football. He comes back with a flat football and no-ones got a pump. No-one can be arsed to find one so they all fook off home and thats the end of the club.

Archived