Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Number 6

Completing names that Birch shouts out...

agree with it? like it? hate it?

The last game I went to was Sunderland so I can't be sure this is still done but in my opinion, it's absolutely ridiculous. Maybe stopping replying would stop them doing it and making us look like a joke.

The last game I went to was Sunderland so I can't be sure this is still done but in my opinion, it's absolutely ridiculous. Maybe stopping replying would stop them doing it and making us look like a joke.

nar they stopped it because of that very reason...thank god lol:P i hated it too only 1 i like saying was huuuuuume :D

They don't do it now.

Tbh imo i just could never see it working - i noticed while watching the arsenal blackburn fa cup game that they do it there and it still doesnt work - and especially with us and the added confusion of all the patrick's and gareth's before williams left

I don't mean to be critical or snidey or owt, but why start a thread on it when the last time you saw it done was 3 months ago?

was a good way of finding out if it was still done i guess, was just something that annoyed me at our group, and stoppage time being sponsored of course

I actually hated the Birch shouts 1st name .. Crowd does second .. Use too stay in concourse untill he shouted Iian .. so when everyone that joined in .. Shouted HUUUUUUUUUUUME :blink: then i knew it'd be almost time for kick off :thumbup:

Thank God .. Or Milan .. for the change :)

It isn't done anymore, we all had a big vote before a game where if you liked it, shout the player's surname as loud as you can and if you hated it be quiet. The stadium was pretty much silent...

Haha, we thought it was pretty stupid and didn't bother, however the man who sat infront of us when we were in the Kop seemed to enjoy it, shouted every last name and put his arms up, quite funny!

Didn't like it. Was a complete joke. Made us look stupid. Glad it has stopped. Thanks for reading. 'Nuff said.

Is it me? (probably is)

or was it done at an away ground a few games ago?

Seem to remember hearing it :rolleyes:

Archived