Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flexx

Query

I don't quite get why moderators and admin waste so much time doing a job for free.

Either get a life in the real world, or just go on here to talk Leicester.

I don't get what all the fuss is about being a mod. Unless you get paid :ph34r:

I don't quite why moderators and admin waste so much time doing a job for free.

You have a lot to learn about life if your mentality is something is only worth doing if you get paid.

I don't quite get why moderators and admin waste so much time doing a job for free.

So why are you wasting your time asking about it?

Im not trying to offend anyone, i was just wondering really.

It's not something i would do but that doesn't mean others wouldn't i suppose.

Thinking about it this forum would be a mess without moderators etc. so you do deserve credit.

But rather you than me :thumbup:

my mate has just signed up to foxestalk in the name of LCcooperFC and is unable to speak but it says he is logged in, would it be possible for you to email him on how to on: [email protected]

Best option is to pm one of the admin:

Mark

DavieG ad others and ask them why

wouldn't post his addy on here if i were you

I think its obvious that mods will think twice over deleting a 'friend's' post. I've had 'reasonable' posts deleted but i'll live.

This has been debated time and time again FFS, I'm Admin and I've had posts deleted, there is no INTENTIONAL favouritism, We haven't got time to view every single post that's posted therefore some 'poor' posts will slip through the net. Mods & Admin are not robots we will all interpret the quality of post in different way that's why there will be inconsistencies. If people can't see that then I'm inclined to think they are as thick as two planks.

Can people please get a life if having a post deleted is pissing you off go out and do some charity work and find out what real suffering is about. It's Mothering Sunday today think about all those people who have never had a mother, whose mother has died or is dying and if you still feel inclined to lament the disappearance of a post then pm me if you dare.

I'm off to have a lie down and contemplate on what life is about because it sure as hell ain't about worrying whether I've deleted someone's life's work.

' date='Mar 18 2007, 01:45 PM' post='563681']

Spam you clown.

Putting e-mail addresses on places like internet forums is how companys find them and end up sending you 12 emails a day advertising penis enlargements.

bloody hell! that's the only reason i come on line so i can find a place that'll tell me how to enlarge my penis........i've never seen anything as of yet :whistle::ph34r:

This has been debated time and time again FFS, I'm Admin and I've had posts deleted, there is no INTENTIONAL favouritism, We haven't got time to view every single post that's posted therefore some 'poor' posts will slip through the net. Mods & Admin are not robots we will all interpret the quality of post in different way that's why there will be inconsistencies. If people can't see that then I'm inclined to think they are as thick as two planks.

Can people please get a life if having a post deleted is pissing you off go out and do some charity work and find out what real suffering is about. It's Mothering Sunday today think about all those people who have never had a mother, whose mother has died or is dying and if you still feel inclined to lament the disappearance of a post then pm me if you dare.

I'm off to have a lie down and contemplate on what life is about because it sure as hell ain't about worrying whether I've deleted someone's life's work.

I wasn't even aiming that at you.

I think it was in the rumours thread where you had given someone (could be mancunian fox) a serious warning for something he posted about Danny Cadamarteri and his past. Later in the thread, Fez said something very similar and you just corrected him.

A sense of power to wind people up by deleting their useful posts is what most of the mods to it for :mad:

Wow you're right. I've looked through your posts and nothing useful has been left by the mods. They must be deleting all the good stuff and leaving the crap.

Outrageous behaviour if you ask me.

I think it was in the rumours thread where you had given someone (could be mancunian fox) a serious warning for something he posted about Danny Cadamarteri and his past. Later in the thread, Fez said something very similar and you just corrected him.

:laugh: Oh dear.

A somewhat contradictory reply you statement - you say it wasn't aimed at me and then post an example were you suggest I've shown favouritism, strangely to someone I've never even met.

As for the accusationwWell you have the better of me because too many posts have passed me by and as you haven't linked the specific examples I just have to specualate on the ones you identified.

If I recall it correctly you, definition of a serious warning doesn't match mine, If we're talking the same post yes it was serious in the sense that I explain the consequences of posting potentially slanderous stuff but I didn't threaten him with suspension or anything, i merely pointed out for HIS benefit the risk he was taking as I assumed he may not have been aware.

As for Fez again I'm not 100% sure of the incident but I would take the view that Fez as an ex-mod was aware of the risk, if I did edit it was for the safety of the Forum owner.

I like to think my actions suit the situation and are not taken from a book. I make my own judgements I may not always be correct but I try to act in an honest and hoourable way I therefore resent strongly any accusation of favouratism.

A somewhat contradictory reply you statement - you say it wasn't aimed at me and then post an example were you suggest I've shown favouritism, strangely to someone I've never even met.

As for the accusationwWell you have the better of me because too many posts have passed me by and as you haven't linked the specific examples I just have to specualate on the ones you identified.

If I recall it correctly you, definition of a serious warning doesn't match mine, If we're talking the same post yes it was serious in the sense that I explain the consequences of posting potentially slanderous stuff but I didn't threaten him with suspension or anything, i merely pointed out for HIS benefit the risk he was taking as I assumed he may not have been aware.

As for Fez again I'm not 100% sure of the incident but I would take the view that Fez as an ex-mod was aware of the risk, if I did edit it was for the safety of the Forum owner.

I like to think my actions suit the situation and are not taken from a book. I make my own judgements I may not always be correct but I try to act in an honest and hoourable way I therefore resent strongly any accusation of favouratism.

DavieG is a top class mod

Changed my name, and never shows favouritism :unsure::P

no posts are going to be deleted now for a week are they davieG

DavieG is a top class mod

Changed my name, and never shows favouritism :unsure::P

no posts are going to be deleted now for a week are they davieG

Sycophants are guaranteed to be deleted :thumbup:

Wow you're right. I've looked through your posts and nothing useful has been left by the mods. They must be deleting all the good stuff and leaving the crap.

Outrageous behaviour if you ask me.

lol:appl:

Sometimes I think dannyboy11 is simply being ironic...then I realise I meant idiotic.

You should be a referee :P

You should be a referee :P

I've tried it and it was one of the worst sporting experiences I've had, the abuse I got was totally unwarranted and that was from the team I was managing :o

Archived