Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MBK

McAuley Ban Bemuses Kelly

I'm not happy about this either, but to be fair this rule is necessary. Alex Ferguson used to make an absolute mockery of international games whenever he pulled a player out injured - and then played him a few days later having made a miraculous recovery!

Having said that, I don't understand why they've refused our offer to check if his injury's genuine - he's going over there anyway to watch the game, why can't they do it then?

Why is Kelly just taking it lying down!

I'd have more respect for him if he went and caused a ruckus!

I think he or Mandaric is. Otherwise why bother informing us for the sake of it! Hope something comes of it even though Kelly should be thinking of proper tactical alternatives not simply stick by Kenton who in all fairness deserves more respect despite his obvious physical detriments.

This is hardly disastrous, remember the stoke game at home, Kenton played at centre half and looked pretty accomplished even against strikers a foot taller than him.

Your right it isn't disatrous but it isn't fair for McAuley to be banned for being genuinely injured for the N. Ireland games coming up. I'd be dissapointed if Kenton played even if he does cope because McAuley is a far better centre back and we need our better players in the team at the minute.

points deduction, fine and extended ban in all likelyhood

It wouldn't even go that far, the FA wouldn't allow us to name him in the XVI.

Which is what should of happened when Leeds played six loan players but no one noticed at the time lol which is probabley why they got such a nothing punishment.

Ridiculous.

McAuley has played his way into the starting 11 and has become a very valuable member of the squad. If he were healthy, RK damn well would have played him against QPR.

Archived