Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harpenden Fox

Bottom Three

Both in the cup. I know you aren't including league games in that.

Barnsley.. 2-0 at home. I actually thought we played really well that day. Especially in the first half.

Barnsley.. 2-0 at home. I actually thought we played really well that day. Especially in the first half.

Bit of a difference in opinion there.. I can't recall us playing particularly well that day - more killing off a very poor team in an average sort of way. Barnsley had chances to score in that game as well, and could well have snatched a draw had they taken 2 of the clear-cut chances they had in the first half.

Bit of a difference in opinion there.. I can't recall us playing particularly well that day - more killing off a very poor team in an average sort of way. Barnsley had chances to score in that game as well, and could well have snatched a draw had they taken 2 of the clear-cut chances they had in the first half.

In all fairness, our passing and movements that day were quite sublime (for a dull team like us). They were poor, no doubt, but we actually made them look evern more shite than they already were.

But apart from that game and the tree cup games (Villa included) we'been ridicously shite.

In all fairness, our passing and movements that day were quite sublime (for a dull team like us). They were poor, no doubt, but we actually made them look evern more shite than they already were.

We beat them in a professional manner. They were a poor side and we made them look poor, I have no doubts about that. I just don't think we played particularly well that's all, and it's the comment I've highlighted which is the reason why.

Any decent team would have had 3, 4 or maybe even 5 goals on that day, and Barnsley would have had 40% possession for the entirety of the game at the most. Instead, we scored only 2 and Barnsley could have had a couple themselves. A decent team wouldn't have viewed that sort of performance as particularly brilliant, and the word "sublime" probably wouldn't have been used to describe anything about it.

But apart from the three cup games we'been ridicously shite.

At least we agree on this bit though. :D:thumbup::whistle:

I can't remember the last time we played well really, so basically every game this season.

We never play well - as soon as we score we try and hold on for the win, when we should continue to attack and score more goals.

But it will never happen with Kelly in charge

Oh come on, first 25 minutes against Coventry, you can't blame them for taking their foot off the gas. Good all round performance.

The performance in the second half was pretty dire though. We could have won 4 or 5-0 in the end, but Kelly didn't want to upset the opposition.

being charitable then, in the league this season we've played well for 85 minutes. 45 against Cov, and perhaps 40 against Barnsley. Barnsley were bottom three at the time I think. Cov's temporary manager knew he was about to be shown the door before they played us, so his team talk may have lacked a certain passion.

It's like opening a cupboard around 10 o'clock of an evening hoping to find something nice and chocolatey based to have a munch on, to find that your only option is a slightly stale pack of half opened plain digestives.

1. Sunderland (home) - I know Sunderland are a decent side but we were simply atrocious. Worst I've ever seen us play, let alone this season :( (Hendo excluded from this, he was superb that day).

2. QPR (home) - nuff said really. :mad:

3. Colchester (home) :yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Also, I can't believe no-one's mentioned Derby away, that was pretty shocking.

Archived