Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Infamous missed penalties

I cant think of a Leicester one but the main one that does my head in thinking about it is Zola in either the World Cup or European Championships because I had him at 6/1 to be the first scorer and it was 0-0 and the to$$pot missed and cost me money.

Izzet vs Ipswich at home 01/02 when he cleared the family stand, thank god Dean Sturridge came to the rescue late on, Muz then scored one the week later against Derby.

Dickov vs Man City I knew he'd miss.

Opposition wise, I remember Hasselbainks miss in the last minute against us for Leeds, also Gareth Barry this season stands out in my mind.

Izzet vs Ipswich at home 01/02 when he cleared the family stand , thank god Dean Sturridge came to the rescue late on, Muz then scored one the week later against Derby.

Dickov vs Man City I knew he'd miss.

Opposition wise, I remember Hasselbainks miss in the last minute against us for Leeds, also Gareth Barry this season stands out in my mind.

Thank you, thats the game I was on about. Horrible penalty

Steve Agnew - v Portsmouth (midweek game) must have been around 93-94 season....lost 3-0 at Filbert Street and there was a thunderstorm during half time that knocked the floodlights out....

I think we were already 3 down and aggers came up in front of the kop and blazed over....awful pen

Others were Scholes hitting the exec boxes in the coca cola cup

Gary Mac missing two in one game at Filbert Street 1988-89 season v Man City

Gary Mills v Charlton (played at Upton Park) so weak it wouldnt have crossed the line

And of course, anything that was saved by Pegguy Arphexad in those shoot outs!

I remember elliott missing one once and i was very gutted as after that he kept missing them.

Cov FA Cup 99. We were 1-0 down at the time and went on to lose 3-0! :angry:

Dickovs penalty was a bit annoying. On the subject of penaltys Garry Parker was the best penalty taker i have seen. And why did paulo di canio score/win so many penalties against us?

Because he was a diving, cheating little sh*t?

The worst missed pen I remember was David Kelly's at Watford in a relegation battle in April 91. I thought after we lost that game that we were doomed for Div. 3. Good job I was wrong!

Another depressing aspect of that Dickov miss was that he had nailed every single penalty he had taken for Leicester up until that point. La Manga and loyalties to his former club aside, we all thought that penalty was money in the bank...

Dickov's against Man City. I remember I couldn't get to the game so was listening on the radio, the commentator announced we'd got the penalty and I was jumping up and down thinking we were gonna win it, then it was the most agonizing 5 minutes of my life while all the fighting was going on. Then Dickov missed and I felt physically sick. :cry::cry::cry:

Hendo's save in the last minute for Barry this season was an amazing moment, though, one of my best City memories. :D

Archived