Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

"Lets bring a Former Leicester Player in"

Fair enough maybe Gerry/Walshy, Other former players may turn out to be good managers I don't know, and we will never know unless we, or other teams give them a chance, but we gave Rob Kelly the end of last season to prove himself and tbf back then he seemed to do a good job, everyone praised him (Well most did) this season we have been shocking under him, and yes he does need to go now, but listening to Radio Leicester and reading posts on here with people saying yeah we should give Gerry/Other former Leicester players the chance till the end of the season, They talk such a good game :rolleyes: Anyone can talk a good game, managing is a hell of alot different though i'm sure, So lets say we employ a certain former player till the end of the season he does brilliant so we give him a contract for next season, who's saying it will be any different to Rob Kelly?

It is time for RK to clear his desk, but lets go for someone proven. Fuks know who, because TBH i'm not sure on anyone who has been linked (Hoddle, Robson, Newell, Souness e.t.c) tbh I think it might even be a case of buying someone out of a contract currently managing somewhere, but again I don't know who, but will people please stop talking abot former Leicester players taking over...Deja Vu.

Fair enough maybe Gerry/Walshy, Other former players may turn out to be good managers I don't know, and we will never know unless we, or other teams give them a chance, but we gave Rob Kelly the end of last season to prove himself and tbf back then he seemed to do a good job, everyone praised him (Well most did) this season we have been shocking under him, and yes he does need to go now, but listening to Radio Leicester and reading posts on here with people saying yeah we should give Gerry/Other former Leicester players the chance till the end of the season, They talk such a good game :rolleyes: Anyone can talk a good game, managing is a hell of alot different though i'm sure, So lets say we employ a certain former player till the end of the season he does brilliant so we give him a contract for next season, who's saying it will be any different to Rob Kelly?

It is time for RK to clear his desk, but lets go for someone proven. Fuks know who, because TBH i'm not sure on anyone who has been linked (Hoddle, Robson, Newell, Souness e.t.c) tbh I think it might even be a case of buying someone out of a contract currently managing somewhere, but again I don't know who, but will people please stop talking abot former Leicester players taking over...Deja Vu.

What Gerry could perhaps do for Leicester right now is organise our defenders more effectively.

It may be that MM knows who he wants as manager but cannot effect the move right now. The question then is do you stick with the bizarre tactical approach of Kelly or refresh the place with a different approach.

There are risks either way.

What Gerry could perhaps do for Leicester right now is organise our defenders more effectively.

It may be that MM knows who he wants as manager but cannot effect the move right now. The question then is do you stick with the bizarre tactical approach of Kelly or refresh the place with a different approach.

I think it's worth the risk, I don't think it could be much worse than it already is with someone else in charge.

Depends whether Milan trusts someone like Rudkin or Beaglehole to cope with the pressure of filling in for the last few games when we still need a few points to be sure of safety. I don't think he wants anyone who's currently unemployed and you certainly don't want to be lumbered with a contract for someone you're not 100% sure of for the sake of a few games without Kelly. If Kelly had just managed to win one of the last five games, all against fairly mediocre or awful opposition, Milan would be in a grand position. At the moment though it's a bit dicey as to what the best move is.

I think it's worth the risk, I don't think it could be much worse than it already is with someone else in charge.

Oh so we're going for the quick fix are we? Like we have done ever since MON?!

We may now have money thanks to Milan, but if we keep going through managers like we have done for god knows how many years, Milan won't have much money left!

Usually a new manager brings a short term upsurge in the team,and its fair to assume that that players start to play for there places.Having said that,that is not the case with our players,and the arrival of MM,but of course that may be down to the total inability of RK.I would imagine that its best to wait,and get the right man,not a gamble.......i mean the right man,and pray to god that all the other teams below mess up................what a crap situation we have.

there is more of a risk changing manager now, what will we gain from having a caretaker till the close season? i really am struggling to come up with even one reason. The last thing we need is a caretaker to come in, do well, get the job and then have a shocker next season so we are back to square one. We really need continuinity in the managment dept to match the objective of premirship football in 3 seasons (unrealistic as it is - it gives us an objective to work towards none the less)

the main thing that worrys me about the kelly regime in one single point is with the exception of 2 or 3 players the whole squad has got worse than they were - that really worrys me.

Would kelly produce better results if given the task of clearing the decks and spending enough to better the squad? probably - simply because we will have better players, will MM give him this chance? im not mystic meg.

As for bringing in walshand co as was suggested in the mon night phone in etc, - people that suggest that have no sence what so ever, i accept everyone is entitled to an opinion. For starters what will we get out of having a coach with no badges? what makes people think he will have coaching methods others dont - or even have not been tried? its shocking.

Is it because he was a player with pride people think he can instill pride in this team???? its not pride we need its ability, simple. besides if thats the case how did MON (a manager not a coach) instill pride in the team - he has never played for the foxes?!?!?!?!

Finally i hope MM does go down the route of buying out a manager if he does not stick with kelly.

We may now have money thanks to Milan, but if we keep going through managers like we have done for god knows how many years, Milan won't have much money left!

My sentiments exactly! People have such short memories.....

Bit generous to call Peter Taylor a 'fix'. :whistle:

Kelly should be sacked now. Because we will lose on Derby. And we will say the same thing. We cannot go on doing the same things. So go on Mr Mandaric and make our life interesting. The queen might even make you a knight.

i think that we should just stick with it, we only have what 7 games left, yeh we arent going to do well in them BUT.... we arent gunna make playoffs with a diff manager, we arent exactly gunna get relegated (hope i havent just jinxed us) but seriously, just start the new season with everything fresh rather than messing about with it now

i think that we should just stick with it, we only have what 7 games left, yeh we arent going to do well in them BUT.... we arent gunna make playoffs with a diff manager, we arent exactly gunna get relegated (hope i havent just jinxed us) but seriously, just start the new season with everything fresh rather than messing about with it now

I'm just thinking if we do get rid of RK now, IF (and its a huge if) we can get the right man he can see whats wrong, who he is gonna fuk off in the summer (Hopefully most of the players) and make plans now ready for next season. But I do also agree with you, maybe Milan can start looking (maybe he is looking) for right man now and appoint him in the summer.

I'm just thinking if we do get rid of RK now, IF (and its a huge if) we can get the right man he can see whats wrong, who he is gonna fuk off in the summer (Hopefully most of the players) and make plans now ready for next season. But I do also agree with you, maybe Milan can start looking (maybe he is looking) for right man now and appoint him in the summer.

i agree with comment about new man and seeing whats wrong and seeing who is gunna be kept and who is gunna go.

but i`m thinking the majority of our team needs to go, i know we havent got loads to spend but we need alot of new faces if we wanna challenge play-offs. however saying that who says we need a new manager to judge who will be kept etc, surely MM has a say and he watches every game so he can surely decide who we keep etc

i agree with comment about new man and seeing whats wrong and seeing who is gunna be kept and who is gunna go.

but i`m thinking the majority of our team needs to go, i know we havent got loads to spend but we need alot of new faces if we wanna challenge play-offs. however saying that who says we need a new manager to judge who will be kept etc, surely MM has a say and he watches every game so he can surely decide who we keep etc

Well it's going to be a very difficult task for whoever comes in. One thing I'm sure of is that RK is not the man to be buying selling loaning and signing this summer.

Well it's going to be a very difficult task for whoever comes in. One thing I'm sure of is that RK is not the man to be buying selling loaning and signing this summer.

never said he would be, infact i really hope he's not. i like the bloke but he cant stay with us as manager next season

i like the bloke but he cant stay with us as manager next season

I think there lies the problem.

RK knows it's very unlikely he'll be here next season and so do a significant number of the squad. You could argue the players should be fighting to impress either the powers that be at the Walkers or potential new clubs but I feel there is such an awareness that things are about to be radically altered at the club, personnel wise, most are just 'treading water' in the meantime.

Thank goodness games are running out and there are at least 3 other clubs as bad as/worse than, us.

FFF

I think there lies the problem.

RK knows it's very unlikely he'll be here next season and so do a significant number of the squad. You could argue the players should be fighting to impress either the powers that be at the Walkers or potential new clubs but I feel there is such an awareness that things are about to be radically altered at the club, personnel wise, most are just 'treading water' in the meantime.

Thank goodness games are running out and there are at least 3 other clubs as bad as/worse than, us.

FFF

i hope ur right about radical changes, some are good enough to stay and should actually prove this. however playing with crap players must affect ur game and bring ur game down to a worse level. not that i`m making excuses for anyone

Kelly should be sacked now. Because we will lose on Derby. And we will say the same thing. We cannot go on doing the same things. So go on Mr Mandaric and make our life interesting. The queen might even make you a knight.

ok so we sack klly and allow 2nd in line a go and loose to derby as the players are not good enough then......please enlighten me

the "huge if" is an impossibility. if the manager was available he would be in, he is not and kelly should stick it out.

Have you been prescribed any antidepressants yet, Matt?

For those wanting Kelly to be sacked now, forget it - we're due a good month now, yeah!

Fuks sake, I hope your just saying that in hope that you'll wind me up, because if your being serious EVERYONE on here needs to be on antidepresants, because i'm telling you there more depressed people posting on here than me!

Archived