Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DanTheFoxBhoy

If Worthington wins all five

Worthington  

105 members have voted

1. 1. If he wins all five, stay or go?

• Stay. If he can win all 5 with that rabble he's a genius.
    • Go. He's not the man to take us forward.
    • I'm not smart enough to form an opinion.

Five games and a record.

If he gets the gig full-time, it's not just because he did well with five games - it's that he's also propelled a team upwards and out of this division before.

And there, ladies and gents, lies the difference between the Kelly appointment and any potential Worthington appointment. Appointing Kelly on the back of 10 games was entirely due to his record in those 10 games - he had absolutely no previous managerial experience to call upon. If, however, we appoint Worthington now - we're appointing a man who's managed over 280 games at one club and probably another hundred or so at the other - he has five games to prove himself, and a record of managing over 400 games.

We wouldn't be throwing ourselves into the unknown with Worthington like we did with Kelly - at least Worthington has plenty of managerial experience.

Apples and Oranges. :cool:

No. history will be repeating itself. De Ja Voux

How exactly?

As I said above... Kelly had no managerial experience, but after a wonderful run was given the job anyway.

If history was to repeat itself, we'd be giving another inexperienced manager a crack of the whip. That's clearly not the case - Worthington has experience, 400+ games and several years worth.

I fail to see the repetition. :ph34r:

If he could win 3 with that lot it'll be a minor miracle let alone five. I wouldn't write off his chances yet.

Unlike Kelly and Levein, he has good experience of managing In England. He did pretty well with Norwich, a playoff final and a promotion. I'm not saying no yet. We'll have to see how he gets them to play tomorrow and the games after that.

i WOULD put go, hes not the man to take us forward, but anybody who can get this lot to win 5 hard fixtures consecutively deserves a medal- or maybe a holiday to lemanga,or maybe thats not such a good idea :whistle:

How exactly?

As I said above... Kelly had no managerial experience, but after a wonderful run was given the job anyway.

If history was to repeat itself, we'd be giving another inexperienced manager a crack of the whip. That's clearly not the case - Worthington has experience, 400+ games and several years worth.

I fail to see the repetition. :ph34r:

Fair point. Sometimes we are quick to form an opinion based on his appearance! He doesnt look like a Leicester manager if that makes any sense but lets see what he does. 13 hours or so and we`ll start to know how the donkeys are reacting. I have a feeling he`ll be going to see MM and informing him that these players are shite!

Archived