Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DanTheFoxBhoy

If Worthington wins all five

Worthington  

105 members have voted

1. 1. If he wins all five, stay or go?

• Stay. If he can win all 5 with that rabble he's a genius.
    • Go. He's not the man to take us forward.
    • I'm not smart enough to form an opinion.

Loving Option three... lol

Anyone who can squeeze out a full five convincing wins with that 'Rabble' - including games against Birmingham, Preston and Wolves...

I'd say it's worth considering at least. :ph34r:

* dons flame retardant suit * :whistle:

Yeah that's what I think. Results are far more tangible that hypotheticals. If he gets results like that then he could clearly be considered as the man to take us forward.

Nevertheless it would have to be all five games and pretty convincingly too :ph34r:

We are going to 'suffer' from the 'new manager syndrome' and do really well... who ever the manager was. But I want to see what his tactics are like. I mean he's already proven in this division...

Therefore I've selected option 3 :D

It's another problem with the appointment. We had it with Kelly when he did so well there'd have been an outcry if he'd been sacked.

It would be the same with Worthington and while winning all five looks impossible to me with our team, a return of, say, 11 points would still be extraordinary and would hardly warrant anyone being told thanks but goodbye.

I would have been quite happy for Beaglehole/Tagggart to have seen us to the end of the season but that's not happened and, even now, I would simply go with the manager I wanted irrespective of short-term results.

I've mentioned Ince (rumoured to be the choice) and Newell but there are one or two more who seem interesting from a distance. I'd want to have done my groundwork by now. To have found out how they all work with players, their motivating capabilities and finally, what their vision is for a football club and how they'd want to go about achieving it.

And having made up my mind I wouldn't be swayed by the outcome of five games.

It's another problem with the appointment. We had it with Kelly when he did so well there'd have been an outcry if he'd been sacked.

It would be the same with Worthington and while winning all five looks impossible to me with our team, a return of, say, 11 points would still be extraordinary and would hardly warrant anyone being told thanks but goodbye.

I would have been quite happy for Beaglehole/Tagggart to have seen us to the end of the season but that's not happened and, even now, I would simply go with the manager I wanted irrespective of short-term results.

I've mentioned Ince (rumoured to be the choice) and Newell but there are one or two more who seem interesting from a distance. I'd want to have done my groundwork by now. To have found out how they all work with players, their motivating capabilities and finally, what their vision is for a football club and how they'd want to go about achieving it.

And having made up my mind I wouldn't be swayed by the outcome of five games.

I have to agree but if wortho does win all 5 games, he will obviously get the support of majority of the fans, hence he will be the likely chioce for next season!!

I have to agree but if wortho does win all 5 games, he will obviously get the support of majority of the fans, hence he will be the likely chioce for next season!!

And that's the trouble with popular decisions - they're not necessarily right.

This sounds as if I have it in for Worthington. I don't.

I just don't think he's offered evidence that he'll be the visionary or charismatic leader we'll need and I really think it's time we found such a person for our club.

And that's the trouble with poppular decisions - they're not necessarily right.

Agreed, we saw that with Kelly, alot of fans in general still would have supported Kelly under any circumstance. People tend to let there personal affection for someone or past success cloud there judgement and ignore the big picture!!!

It depends on the manner of victory. If we sit back, play poor football or get lucky goals then that is a no. If we play attractive football, score meritable goals, if he sorts our defence out so it plays like they actually do all have brains, if he makes them look hungry, if he makes our midfield play football, and if he shows that he will usually pick the right squad and tactics, then he is definately worth considering.

It depends on the manner of victory. If we sit back, play poor football or get lucky goals then that is a no. If we play attractive football, score meritable goals, if he sorts our defence out so it plays like they actually do all have brains, if he makes them look hungry, if he makes our midfield play football, and if he shows that he will usually pick the right squad and tactics, then he is definately worth considering.

chances are we wont see that in five games though.

We made a knee-jerk reaction when RK saved us from relegation last time, lets not be silly and do it again as short-term success is achievable by most managers if the circumstances are right. 5 games means nothing so to judge Wortho on this is unfair.

chances are we wont see that in five games though.

True, but you'll be able to see movement towards it... you'll notice whether the defence is tighter at set pieces, or whether the midfield are at least attempting to get the ball down and play it. You are right though.

Although i reckon he did a good job at norwich, there is just something about the guy which makes me think he's not right for us.

He may still be young but i think he's already had his big acheivement with Delia's boys.

Letr's just hope he gets us out this mess this season!

That's a NO then :rolleyes:

Archived