Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

A sense of amusement

Guest seanfox778
Did anyone else get a sick sense of amusement when they found out we'd been beat yesterday?

I left the house at 4.30 Saturday afternoon for a short meeting. I was in the bookies at 5.00 looking up at the screen to see if we'd held on for a 1-0 victory.

The result came up and for some bizarre reason I wasn't that disappointed :blink: and I'm sure I cracked a smile.

Was it because:

I knew we were going to get beat anyway?

I don't think we deserve to stay up?

or because I stuck a bet on us to get relegated?!!!

Obviously I don't want us to be relegated, but do we really deserve to stay up?

i did exactly the same i went to the shop at half four and got back expecting us to have lost and we did.

It's a comedy to he who thinks and a tragedy to he who feels.

I'm firmly in the 'not arsed' category though as that isn't our team out there, they aren't our players. None of them care and I include golden boy Levi in that.

Mercenary cr ap and I want shot of all of them.

There was a sense of the inevitable. Even when we're leading I never feel we can keep a clean sheet and yesterday you just knew Norwich would score - it was just a matter of how. I felt wretched - deep down disheartened and frustrated.

Even my wife asked what was wrong and I didn't really speak for hours. Far from feeling amused I feel like I'm watching a close relative die and am utterly incapable of doing anything about it..

I have just watched two close relatives die in the last three months and I couldnt do anything for them. believe me when I say City's plight is nothing like watching a close relative die.

Why do we put ourselves through this?

Anyone who thinks that League One is going to be great ought to be reminded after about the third game of the season when they are already sick to death of having had "you're not famous anymore" sung at them for the umpteenth time. I'm sure it gets worse than that as well. :ermm:

I was here for teh first twenty mins and we were one up but went to the pitch and putt course with a couple of mates only to return and do my saddo thing when I went to livescore.com , grabbed a piece of paper and scrolled it across the screen to see that we ended up with just the one goal and scrolling across further to see that we had conceded two! (Very sad eh?!). I cant say it was amusement, more like the worry you get about your kids as a parent lol! The table made things worse but lets all say thanks to Colchester for stopping Hull winning as we would have been right up the s**t had that happened. the ball is still in our court for now!

Archived