Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

A sense of amusement

Did anyone else get a sick sense of amusement when they found out we'd been beat yesterday?

I left the house at 4.30 Saturday afternoon for a short meeting. I was in the bookies at 5.00 looking up at the screen to see if we'd held on for a 1-0 victory.

The result came up and for some bizarre reason I wasn't that disappointed :blink: and I'm sure I cracked a smile.

Was it because:

I knew we were going to get beat anyway?

I don't think we deserve to stay up?

or because I stuck a bet on us to get relegated?!!!

Obviously I don't want us to be relegated, but do we really deserve to stay up?

Not even amusement, I felt nothing when the goals went in. Tragic really. I used to live for our games but at the moment it's so hard to identify with the players, the club, the management and even a lot of fellow fans, I feel less of a connection. I'll still get a season ticket next year but right now, my passion for the club closely resembles that of most of the players.

Did anyone else get a sick sense of amusement when they found out we'd been beat yesterday?

I left the house at 4.30 Saturday afternoon for a short meeting. I was in the bookies at 5.00 looking up at the screen to see if we'd held on for a 1-0 victory.

The result came up and for some bizarre reason I wasn't that disappointed :blink: and I'm sure I cracked a smile.

Was it because:

There was a sense of the inevitable. Even when we're leading I never feel we can keep a clean sheet and yesterday you just knew Norwich would score - it was just a matter of how. I felt wretched - deep down disheartened and frustrated.

Even my wife asked what was wrong and I didn't really speak for hours. Far from feeling amused I feel like I'm watching a close relative die and am utterly incapable of doing anything about it..

Was it because:

I used to shed a tear everytime we lost a game especially in those kind of circumstances.

Yesterday, I laughed and smiled. For the past 24 hours i've been planning life in League One, and because im looking forward to it, i'd be disappointed if we didn't get relegated

:|

I knew we were going to lose yesterday. I just cannot see us winning,we never made a stamp on the game yesterday and it was obvious they were going to get back into the game. Over time ive come to expect us not to win because were so negative and shit.

I used to shed a tear everytime we lost a game especially in those kind of circumstances.

Yesterday, I laughed and smiled. For the past 24 hours i've been planning life in League One, and because im looking forward to it, i'd be disappointed if we didn't get relegated

:|

If it wasn't for the fact that we are for the moment at least one of the few clubs to play below the top two tiers It wouldn't bother me too much either. I'd look forward to life in Division 3 as I like to call it still and hope like WBA, Man City and Derby it is the start of a new generation.

Thats exactly what I want. Infact, im desperate for us to get relegated, as long as Leeds join us.

If we do get relegated i get £100 so thats another plus point. Infact im all for this relegation lark :thumbup::whistle:

If it wasn't for the fact that we are for the moment at least one of the few clubs to play below the top two tiers It wouldn't bother me too much either. I'd look forward to life in Division 3 as I like to call it still and hope like WBA, Man City and Derby it is the start of a new generation.

That's one of the worst bits :(

At least if we go down we could have a clear out and start a fresh.

Isn't that what we said when we were relegated from the Prem? :whistle: Also look out for 'we'll win more games', 'we'll have proper players who only want to play for the shirt', 'we'll be a massive club in that league' etc.

Isn't that what we said when we were relegated from the Prem? :whistle: Also look out for 'we'll win more games', 'we'll have proper players who only want to play for the shirt', 'we'll be a massive club in that league' etc.

Oooh, come on, this is League One. Bournemouth, Port Vale, Hartlepool

Right :unsure::(

After 3 years of complete and utter dross I think I've reached a point where I'm looking for a good excuse not to have to fork out for season tickets.

Archived